Home
Posted By: Fotis Sling without swivels. - 07/26/19
I have a Winchester 1886 Deluxe which I do not want to drill swivels into can you guys recommend a sling
Posted By: Rug3 Re: Sling without swivels. - 07/27/19
I wish I had an answer for you. Your question reminded me of when I was a young lad. On a windy snowy day I shot a nice buck about two miles back in the Adirondacks near Newton Falls. The combination of dragging that buck and carrying my new 32Special Model 64 was too much for me. I had a piece of clothes line rope in my pocket and tied it tightly around the barrel and around the stock making a sling. That "sling" served me for about 4 years.
May I suggest you upgrade a step or two above my "clothes line sling."

Grace and Blessings
Jim
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Sling without swivels. - 07/27/19
https://brassstacker.com/No-Drill-Harnessed-Rifle-Sling-HENRY.html?mobile_mode=get_detailed_images

I have a similar sling that uses Velcro for the butt instead of leather and a regular swivel in front. You can get a 2pc front swivel attached to the tube.
Posted By: Bisley Re: Sling without swivels. - 07/27/19
I think simply rugged just came out with a sling for that setup, they make damn nice holsters.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Sling without swivels. - 07/27/19
Yeah those are nice but $150 a pop
Posted By: domit Re: Sling without swivels. - 07/27/19
the leather man makes an outstanding sling. www.blackpowderbags.com can be used on almost anything and looks nice also
© 24hourcampfire