Home

What are you using to attach a ballistics chart to your rifle stock? Tape, glue, ???

Before I mess it up and while removing it pull off stock color or materials I thought I should ask for suggestions.
I tape a simple trajectory chart to my scope tube using clear packing tape.
Sometimes I put it in my pocket. Some guns I just wrote it on the stock. Some guns have a copy in the stock or taped to the stock. Some don't have any at all.

I zero every single rifle at exactly the same distance, from the same bench to the same target. It isn't that hard to remember what to expect.
https://www.gorillatough.com/product/crystal-clear-gorilla-tape/
I tape it to my rangefinder
Tape it to the buttstock with postal tape. Had the one on my 338 WM for at least 10 years now..
Any more bright ideas?
[Linked Image]
Laminate with clear tape, then tape that to stock. Holds up well with Gorilla Clear.
I have my chart taped to the stock opposite side of the bolt
Paper is one inch tall and four inches wide with clear packing tape over it
This lasts the entire elk season for me
Blue painters tape and a black sharpie. On the scope or the stock. Clean the area with alcohol before applying. It doesn’t leave a sticky residue. I’ve had it on a few rifles for several years. Rain, mud, sweat, cold, sliding in/out of gun cases and a truck gun that lives in the backseat. No complaints yet.
If I need a chart to refer to, and the time to refer to it, then the critter is probably too far away for me to shoot at with a familiar hunting rifle..
Originally Posted by ingwe
If I need a chart to refer to, and the time to refer to it, then the critter is probably too far away for me to shoot at with a familiar hunting rifle..

All very true, but apparently taped on ballistic charts are the rage this year based on this thread. You need to hit Walmart and get with the program.......... Proper paper, tape, etc. laugh

The effort will be far more valuable than actually knowing how your rifle shoots from actually taking time to shoot it.

Zactly.
Originally Posted by JPro
Laminate with clear tape, then tape that to stock. Holds up well with Gorilla Clear.

[Linked Image]
That will work. Flat shootin summitch.
Alf,
What is that rifle chambered for with that kind of trajectory?
For a right hand shooter, the right side of the butt stock, upside down,so you just roll your rifle left and read the chart or confirm your hold over. Clear packing tape has not removed any finish yet but holds up well. On a synthetic stocked rifle I all ways do this and put a playboy cut out of a naked redhead on the cheek piece so when things are dull you at least have something to look at. Dave, deflave/travis taught me that he realized that I wasn't that good at multitasking and felt bad for me. MB
Originally Posted by lastround
What is that rifle chambered for with that kind of trajectory?

22x47 Lapua....80 grain Berger VLD's at 3370.....200 yard zero......

[Linked Image]

Apparently we hunt in the same area.
Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by JPro

[Linked Image]

Jesus Aalf, I can't even see 800 metres.
Just put a data chart in your phone. If you don't have time to access it, don't take the shot anyway
Decimal is in the wrong place unless it's a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.
That thing has the same drop at 800 as mine at 300.

0.455 G1? What would be the 6mm equivalent and what cartridge would you have to launch it from to get same effect?

22 not legal for hunting for me

Bingo
Originally Posted by OttoG
That thing has the same drop at 800 as mine at 300.

0.455 G1? What would be the 6mm equivalent and what cartridge would you have to launch it from to get same effect?

22 not legal for hunting for me

Could be in MOA not inches.
MOA makes perfect sense.
Drop & drift....... always in MOA........
Originally Posted by gunnut308
Blue painters tape and a black sharpie. On the scope or the stock. Clean the area with alcohol before applying. It doesn’t leave a sticky residue. I’ve had it on a few rifles for several years. Rain, mud, sweat, cold, sliding in/out of gun cases and a truck gun that lives in the backseat. No complaints yet.

You're going to need drop charts if you use blue tape..... grin
You mean like this?
Clear packing tape.
[Linked Image]

Eliminate the nap... laugh
Tape

[Linked Image]
Just throwin this out there. KISS! Drop the decimals! You can’t hold to a decimal in the field! Think about the size of your target. If centered on a 6” target, only need intervals where bullet drops out of the kill zone. My .308 isn’t a laser, but my numbers are 5, 10, 20 ar 300,350, and 400 yds. Not really. 4.7, 9.6, and 19. Something, but who can hold the difference between 19 and 20” at 400 yds. Keep it simple.
Tried clear packing tape on a Kimber Montana stock, with the current rough-texture painted stock, and tape no where begins to adhere.
Originally Posted by forpest
Just throwin this out there. KISS! Drop the decimals! You can’t hold to a decimal in the field! Think about the size of your target. If centered on a 6” target, only need intervals where bullet drops out of the kill zone. My .308 isn’t a laser, but my numbers are 5, 10, 20 ar 300,350, and 400 yds. Not really. 4.7, 9.6, and 19. Something, but who can hold the difference between 19 and 20” at 400 yds. Keep it simple.

You're talking clicks, my charts are in MOA. Targets are seldom at even yardages. I can/do round up or down depending on distance and temps.

400 ain't that far......
JGRaider needs to keep things simple for his simple mind. One of the loads my T3X really likes is the 139 Scenar running 2760. It is extremely accurate. I also like Custom Turret Systems products, which is what you see on my LRHS. Range, dial yardage, check wind dope, launch one. It's quicker for me than scanning charts.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

CST also send you a chart you can stick to the bell of your scope for quick reference.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by JGRaider
JGRaider needs to keep things simple for his simple mind. One of the loads my T3X really likes is the 139 Scenar running 2760. It is extremely accurate. I also like Custom Turret Systems products, which is what you see on my LRHS. Range, dial yardage, check wind dope, launch one. It's quicker for me than scanning charts.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

CST also send you a chart you can stick to the bell of your scope for quick reference.

[Linked Image]

There we go!!

Well spoken poohbah.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I write windage and elevation on a piece of cardboard and clamp that to the rangefinder with a rubber band.

Different rifle, different cardboard.
I always find it hilarious,that folks take the time to make/affix a chart,in units that the scope won't adjust too!

DOPE is affixed in various ways,depending upon the platform.

Hint..................

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Some are more into dopes than others
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I always find it hilarious,that folks take the time to make/affix a chart,in units that the scope won't adjust too!

DOPE is affixed in various ways,depending upon the platform.

Hint..................

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If only cause August, and rut dumb spotlighted bucks, and kelpbear that a lard ass can sneak up on are sooooo sneaky!!! Haha 😆
[Linked Image]
Chart and “spotlight” are in the the truck, think it was 450-460ish.... 😂😂
[Linked Image]upload pictures to internet
Mag box is rather crowded, glass is suspect, piece of shiit 660, bigger piece of shiit McMillan model seven handle, 4 different kinds of brass, varmint bullets blah blah [bleep] blah... oh out of a tree stand, private property, farm raised, out of season, at night, during trout season, face blacked out blah blah blah.... this shiit is tough!!!! Haha 🤣
CDS dial ?
No dial.... It's called HUNTING.... And knowing how your rifle shoots....

Ooooops this is the "hunting rifles" forum.... My bad....
My apologies in advance, I only have “hunting” photos, not “shooting “ photos.... this is from a good plot in the Midwest out of a tree stand, pardon me!!! Haha
[Linked Image]
Cranked the turret waaaaay up for this’n, out of the tree stand, off the food plot!!! Haha
[Linked Image]forensic anthropology working conditions
Spun the turret like 10 times to kill this one!!! Haha
[Linked Image]
Maybe I’ll post some pics of blacked out faces and act like I really know what I’m doin, then folks will listen!!! .... haha

Naw
Ps, I’ve had all my bolts welded.... 😂😂😂
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say, most members here are John wick fans, and think it’s really real..... 😂😂🤣🤣
Thanks Jud

I like it all. REAL pix. Sarcasm. Ridicule. ALL.

Jerry
Lots of "shooters" here, very few "killers".... Grin

I could post 1000's of pics with "blacked" out faces, but I don't know how to black faces out.... Haha

Fact of the matter is, this is the"hunting forum", not the spray and pray, this bullet drifts less than that bullet etc.... If Sundays is the problem get off your lazy cuunt and figure out how to get close enough not to worry about it.... You wanna shoot and be tacticool there's shoots everywhere, all the time..... Started following a couple members here on Instagram the other day, one of their buddy's celebrating about "flinging one at 1100 yards"at a antelope. Fuucking really??? Jesus Christ what a fuucking. Buncha dummies..... Carry on, fuuck huntin, " target practice " at animals.... Watch that wind!!!!

Dialing is a constant with one of these rifles, but I would never defile a piece of wood like that with a ballistic chart...

[Linked Image]
Who the fuuck is Kirk stovall??? Haha

Quite the tacticool setup you got there shrap!!! Dig the flat bill, skinny jeans and suggest too!!😂

Every antelope I've killed has been under 200 yards.... Grin
The very WELL founded Insecurities,are never not fhuqking HILARIOUS. Congratulations?!?

Deer Season only opened 12days ago.

A scope's sole purpose is to steer bullets and it's fascinating,that Whining CLUELESS Fhuqks can't connect a single dot. I rather enjoy the Dumbfhuqk Tournament,of those those very LESS fortunate,simply doing their best. Hint.

Kudos to the "excitement" and "tenacity" of Fence Hoppers being "brazen" enough to extoll their Dumbfhuqktitude and "brandish" Stupidity,as if it were and "advantage". Brokedick Clueless Fhuqks are a Hoot!

I've barely got 100's of rifles and simply shoot more in a day,than Whiners do in a year. Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You gals REALLY "know" your stuff.

LAUGHING!..................

Not to mention It'd take to dig out my reading glasses so I could see the damn thing.🤓
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Not to mention It'd take to dig out my reading glasses so I could see the damn thing.🤓

Aint that the truth.
The very WELL founded Insecurities,are never not fhuqking HILARIOUS. Congratulations?!?

A scope's sole purpose is to steer bullets and it's fascinating,that Whining CLUELESS Fhuqks can't connect a single dot. I rather enjoy the Dumbfhuqk Tournament,of those those very LESS fortunate,simply doing their best. Hint.

Kudos to the "excitement" and "tenacity" of Fence Hoppers being "brazen" enough to extoll their Dumbfhuqktitude and "brandish" Stupidity,as if it were and "advantage". Brokedick Clueless Fhuqks are a Hoot!

I've barely got 100's of rifles and simply shoot more in a day,than Whiners do in a year. Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

How much for the “SUPER PHUGKING TACTICAL”? Ive been wanting one.

I’ll never be that sophisticated.
Originally Posted by Poconojack

I’ll never be that sophisticated.

I agree, simple overcompensation for lack of something.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Did brother Dave call you, fatty? 😎😮😂
LOL
Wow, Jud you’re so cool!
You want a cookie or something? Maybe I can request to be your friend?
GTFOH!
Instead of worries of how to attach drop chart.
The cds is simple and effective when a longer shot presents it self.
Originally Posted by Dre
Wow, Jud you’re so cool!
GTFOH!

Except CDS is Leupold, and it is well known here that 2 shots are about all a Leupold will hold up to. Turn a click or 2 and the impact could change 60 feet.

Or just use it, and don't tell the Nightfarce crowd you are using it.
I’m actually a big deal Dre, and yes we can be friends!! cds is the shiit for killin, so we can be friends!! 👍😎🤣
Originally Posted by fredIII

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Did brother Dave call you, fatty? 😎😮😂
LOL

😂😂
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by Dre
Wow, Jud you’re so cool!
GTFOH!

Except CDS is Leupold, and it is well known here that 2 shots are about all a Leupold will hold up to. Turn a click or 2 and the impact could change 60 feet.

I was using CDS as a general term for custom turrets. Which you can get for almost any scope.
Didn’t know I have spell everything out
Judman, where'd you kill that buck? The body on that thing looks huuuuge!

Originally Posted by Judman
My apologies in advance, I only have “hunting” photos, not “shooting “ photos.... this is from a good plot in the Midwest out of a tree stand, pardon me!!! Haha
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
[Linked Image]

Let me guess...You wrote and colored all over the walls growing up. You’re mom and dad must’ve just loved that. LMAO! 😎
Originally Posted by Dre
Originally Posted by Dre
Wow, Jud you’re so cool!
GTFOH!

I was using CDS as a general term for custom turrets. Which you can get for almost any scope.
Didn’t know I have spell everything out

Never been a secret that cds and Kenton Ind have been my friend for many years. Leupold’s cds held enough POI up to 600 yards and in to be lethal...Anything farther and the situation turned froggy with some Leupold scopes.

I went exclusively to Kenton after going with scopes away from Leupold. The process is labor intensive on my end with building a load for a rig for accuracy, chrono’n the chosen load, determining the best evaluation reference point that would give leeway on (+) (-) elevations where I hunt or would hunt out of state. Then verifying accuracy of the turret at yardage from zero at 100 out to 800 yards.

This process never changes for me...The only noticeable difference has been consistency of the scope and it’s reliability to repeat the same POI. 😎
Originally Posted by skeen
Judman, where'd you kill that buck? The body on that thing looks huuuuge!

[Linked Image]

It was a pig, killed him in Alberta, 6ai, 80 gr8 bt. I had to range him, look at my shart, spin my turret and shwack him!!!! Jk

He was making a scrape, 300 ish yards, planted the crosshairs on his neck and crushed him... 164" gross
Gorgeous buck Jud, and obviously a toad. Love the pic.
Chart and “spotlight” are in the the truck, think it was 450-460ish.... 😂😂
[Linked Image]upload pictures to internet

One again I have wood!!

Build specs on the stock?? Wont ask particulars on the spout as I have before and forgotten every time.

Do remember cartridge and boolit info tho!!
😂😂

Rem 660, 6 ai Hart snout, drilled\tapped to run talleys, timney, McMillan model 7 handle, Leopold 2.5-8 non cds
Jud, got that exact scope on a Tikka T3 7-08 in a B&C stock, modified Talleys. It's a shootin' sonofagun. My son confiscated it, for now. Nice scope.

[Linked Image]
Uncle Johnny, our boys are the same! Grin

I love the 2.5-8's, they're just right..
Lots of "shooters" here, very few "killers".... Grin

I could post 1000's of pics with "blacked" out faces, but I don't know how to black faces out.... Haha

Fact of the matter is, this is the"hunting forum", not the spray and pray, this bullet drifts less than that bullet etc.... If Sundays is the problem get off your lazy cuunt and figure out how to get close enough not to worry about it.... You wanna shoot and be tacticool there's shoots everywhere, all the time..... Started following a couple members here on Instagram the other day, one of their buddy's celebrating about "flinging one at 1100 yards"at a antelope. Fuucking really??? Jesus Christ what a fuucking. Buncha dummies..... Carry on, fuuck huntin, " target practice " at animals.... Watch that wind!!!!

Chuckling just a little in agreement. I have a couple rifles with plenty of reach but prefer to get within scorching distance and tracking them down like an old dog. Some don’t have the access to the space or the time and I’m good with that but, not my thing to shoot past 500 for anything anymore.
CDS is a fhuqking JOKE,as it's only a bumper sticker and does less than ZERO for mechanics. Same goes a Kenton or anyone else's turret,in anything other than erector values. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now I do rather enjoy the Incessant Whining of Drooling Clueless Fhuqks doing their absolute best,to TRY and "talk" rifles,if only because nothing is more funny than oblivious Hilarity. Hint.

The astute have long known,that connectings dots is a fhuqking breeze,if the guts of your glass are capable. Hilariously,that rules out the Goat Fhuqks that the Window Licking Fence Hoppers are trying to "laude". There has never been a Reupold 2.5-8x that's held zero,tracks or repeats and to muse otherwise,is more than a touch "revealing". As a not ANY "surprising" aside,LW's puke with regularity...despite The Haybale & Crockett Crowd's retardation,precluding a first fhuqking clue or a glimmer of actual use to reflect upon in the first hand. Hint.

The CDS/BDC/Kenton Ruse is exceptionally fhuqking HILARIOUS,as it's a clock that tells time but once a day,which is far less than a broken one. Hint.

Now going from BDC to an erector value turret,is assuredly a strengthened link in the chain. Despite wrongwayzee ele correction direction,whole MOA values correlating the erector(which does actually track,repeat and hold zero in MK4 M3 6x),makes it all a breeze. For the application,I can certainly "suffer" the (1) MOA "click" value on ele and don't hate the (1/2) MOA "click" value on the horizontal plane. Of course the DOPE card correlates like adjustments,as they're the only fhuqking adjustments available(the half-"click" M3 Ploy is another fhuqking JOKE). Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

No thang to handily drive a platform in Old School values,pun be intended. Erector tracks,holds zero and repeats in MOA,while the windshield is etched Mil. DOPE in ocular has come ups in MIL,for hasty subtensions,to the limit of the 5 Milliradians available. Due many years of this being a "mainstay"(MOA erector/MIL reticle on various Fixed MK4's in both M1 and '3),I'm rather fluent in conversions in either lineal angular direction,though you "hard chargers" will have to Google it all. In Today's World,it's foolish to deviate from an erector and reticle,that speak the same language. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Initial zero range and maximized data,is controlled by launch velocity,BC and application. Niche DOPE here. Hint.

[Linked Image]

When velocity is compromised and BC's are too,nice thangs can still happen. It is prudent to denote DOPE come-ups in lesser range increments,due the increased input requisite,to correct same. Hint.

[Linked Image]

An ugly Subsonic Transition,can often bolt doors closed and then...it simply is,what it is for a 250-grainer at 1225fps. hint.

[Linked Image]

You Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks keep the excuses coming and be sure to "brandish" your Stupidity as if it were an "advantage",because you Silly Kchunts trying,is just simply fhuqking HILARIOUS.

Bless your hearts,for being devoid the means,abilities and comprehension,to collectively garner a FIRST Fhuqking Clue.

GOOD talk.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................
How's that imagination and pretend 1 post per day limit working out for you? Takes some hard charging to cram all that info in one post.
[Linked Image]M

When you have a chart right even the dog gets elk. LOL hint nd LoL
How's that imagination and pretend 1 post per day limit working out for you? Takes some hard charging to cram all that info in one post.

Only for the lonely. Lmfao it’s almost elk season again only seen 14 bulls in the hot zone.
© 24hourcampfire