Home

A neighbor was given these. He just wants to get rid of them. I offered to find out if they hold any collector interest and split the proceeds.

They all contain at least some powder. The Unique has a 1958 date scratched in the paint.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Very cool, from before my time.
Lots of collectors and I see such stuff for sale at gunshows, but doubt if there is any serious value there.
I use 3 out of the 5. How much powder?
Those are pretty cool! Dig those old cans.
The Bullseye can is probably full as the seal has never been broken.

Thinking the 2400 can is older than the other Hercules cans as those styles were used to appox. 1970. Labeling varied over the years.

The 700X can was used as late as the 1980's when Dupont sold the powder Co. to IMR. The logo changed but the tin can remained for a few more years, collector value is doubtful.

Interesting that they labelled 2400 as rifle powder.
Cruise through ebay.
You will be surprised what an old powder can will sell for.
Hi-No 2 and Hercules cans seem to bring a highr price.
Youre cans will not bring top dollar but they will sell quicker than they very nice cans.
Originally Posted by Tyrone

.22 Hornet. Still works if you're not going for top velocity.

It was named 2400 for the velocity you could expect from a .22 Hornet when using it. That was pretty racy back then.

Shucks, that's all I've ever used it in. Everything from .22 Hornet (jacketed and cast) to .30-06 (cast).

I'm still loading and shooting Unique and Bullseye from cans just like that (I've got more old powder than Methuselah. I gotta get a life) . Shoot up the powder and toss the cans in the trash or find a gullible collector to sell them to afterwards. If you were close by i would come over and talk you out of the HiVel#2.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

Shucks, that's all I've ever used it in. Everything from .22 Hornet (jacketed and cast) to .30-06 (cast).

I'm still loading and shooting Unique and Bullseye from cans just like that (I've got more old powder than Methuselah. I gotta get a life) . Shoot up the powder and toss the cans in the trash or find a gullible collector to sell them to afterwards. If you were close by i would come over and talk you out of the HiVel#2.

Yup, I'm in the same boat.
[Linked Image]
I will buy the Unique & Bullseye cans. Don’t need the powder.
Lots of people like these, you won’t have trouble selling them.
© 24hourcampfire