Home
Posted By: SCGunNut ANOTHER New 6.5 Weatherby.... - 08/12/19
Isn't the 6.5 market getting rather crowded now??

6.5 WBY RPM
• RPM = Rebated Precision Magnum
• First Non-Venturi WBY Case
• Purpose built for the 6 Lug MKV Action
• Slightly above the 6.5 PRC in velocities

• Initial Offerings
• SELECT - Hornady 140 Interlock – 3000 fps – MSRP = $50.00
• SELECT PLUS - Barnes 127 LRX – 3225 fps – MSRP = $65.00
• SELECT PLUS - Nosler 140 Accubond – 3075 fps – MSRP = $65.00
Link?
7mm-08
Google turns up nothing.
Found nothing on it either. Would love to see them stuff it in a SA Vanguard, if it would fit.
And dont put the stupid tacticool stock and all the other gay azz tacticool schitt on it.
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Isn't the 6.5 market getting rather crowded now??

6.5 WBY RPM
• RPM = Rebated Precision Magnum
• First Non-Venturi WBY Case
• Purpose built for the 6 Lug MKV Action
• Slightly above the 6.5 PRC in velocities

• Initial Offerings
• SELECT - Hornady 140 Interlock – 3000 fps – MSRP = $50.00
• SELECT PLUS - Barnes 127 LRX – 3225 fps – MSRP = $65.00
• SELECT PLUS - Nosler 140 Accubond – 3075 fps – MSRP = $65.00
...........................Can't find anything on the Wby site..........Stay tuned I guess.
It seems to me a lightweight 264 Win mag would make one hell of a deer rifle.
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
And dont put the stupid tacticool stock and all the other gay azz tacticool schitt on it.

Pretend snipers need to have tacticool gear, otherwise they won't buy them.
It hasn't officially been announced yet. It's in a new product announcement from my Weatherby rep.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Lots of 6.5’s out there now.
Originally Posted by hanco
Lots of 6.5’s out there now.

To me it will depend on the package. Kinda like the Creed and PRC.

Guns, ammo, price and quality, as per Hornady.

Not an easy act to follow. We’ll see how it goes.

DF
Rebated rim? Why?
Posted By: Dre Re: ANOTHER New 6.5 Weatherby.... - 08/13/19
Over saturated market.
So it sits somewhere between 6.5-06 and 26 Nosler ?
Interesting idea. Any idea on rim dimension/bolt-face? Already have their 6.5-300 so probably would not pick one of these up. Would have some wildcatting possibilities, especially with the more "traditional" shoulder geometry.
Originally Posted by peeshooter
Rebated rim? Why?

Same reason as .284 or 6.5-284, ‘06 case head size but with more powder capacity. Evidently set up for the ‘06 sized, six lug MkV.

DF
Well I guess it aint gonna fit in a SA.
6.5 Roy Pimp Magnum.....answers all the questions never asked.

grin grin

About the most interesting thing I’ve read in 3 Days round here.
NO sarcasm, I’m serious.
Couldn’t have said it better.

Back when....... I was shooting the 140 HBTSP @ 3000 FPS in my
‘measley’ 270s.

Dakota Deer reported those opened up too much for him.

I only had 1 lot ( 3 boxes ) but mine were TOO tough for my liking. The exit holes were small
on WT, 150–180 #, from close to medium range.

Jerry
What the hell, I will try it. That's my looney talking.

Sounds like it is directly against the 26 Nosler.
Posted By: RinB Re: ANOTHER New 6.5 Weatherby.... - 08/13/19

6.5 Blow Hole ... Chub Eastman
Originally Posted by Rodell
What the hell, I will try it. That's my looney talking.

Sounds like it is directly against the 26 Nosler.

It’s the 6.5-300 Wby vs the 26 Nosler.

This one more in line with the PRC, of course a tad faster.

DF
At least it doesnt have a belt...
It looks like it is designed to get the most out of the modern light weight actions built around 30-06 sized cartridges. The two that come to mind are the Weatherby Mark V Non Magnum(6 lug) and the Kimber 84L.

It looks like a 6.5 -284 that has been stretched to 30-06 length.

It's actually a pretty good idea for a hunting cartridge,It would be close to Steve Tims' and Chub's 6.5-280 Ackley. I've always wanted one of those anyway.

It would also work in a NULA Model 24 or a Garrett Fieldcraft long action.
Originally Posted by BWalker

I think old Roy just rolled over in his grave... blush

DF
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

I think you're pretty close with that description.

DF
Posted By: JPro Re: ANOTHER New 6.5 Weatherby.... - 08/13/19
Would make some decent sense in a .473 700 LA, provided brass becomes available and plentiful.
Originally Posted by JPro
Would make some decent sense in a .473 700 LA, provided brass becomes available and plentiful.

And priced more like Hornady brass vs typical Wby brass prices.

DF
I wonder if it will have Weatherby-typical freebore, or if they will let that pass as well?
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

Roy is also rolling because out of the 14 different versions of the Mark V in the new catalog, only 2 have wood stocks, the Deluxe and the Camilla girl's gun. They show every possible take on synthetics, carbon fibers and Titaniums, but blued/walnut is at death's door. I realize they're just keeping up with trends, but these are not the hallmarks of Weatherby. I wouldn't be shocked to see a Weatherby AR next ....

DF

Roy is also rolling because out of the 14 different versions of the Mark V in the new catalog, only 2 have wood stocks, the Deluxe and the Camilla girl's gun. They show every possible take on synthetics, carbon fibers and Titaniums, but blued/walnut is at death's door. I realize they're just keeping up with trends, but these are not the hallmarks of Weatherby. I wouldn't be shocked to see a Weatherby AR next ....
.....................................Oooooops! U forgot two........The Wyoming Gold Commemorative for $10K and the Wyoming Silver Commemorative for $6K.............
They look like they are matte blued..........
So why not build a 6.5-06AI and save a bunch on brass?
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Always has, since 1959.

In retrospect, the 6.5 Remington Magnum, 264 Winchester Magnum & 6.5 Winchester Short Magnum have been highly overlooked. Either of them would be all the hunting cartridge one would ever need to "keep his family fed."
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Always has, since 1959.

In retrospect, the 6.5 Remington Magnum, 264 Winchester Magnum & 6.5 Winchester Short Magnum have been highly overlooked. Either of them would be all the hunting cartridge one would ever need to "keep his family fed."

A "gay" .270 would also fill the "keep his family fed" ticket.

And, even in a well used Rem 700, no doubt.

DF

Always has, since 1959.

DF

As much as I despise the 270, every time I see a Rem 700 270 from the 70's or prior I muse, "wow, what a good old classic huntin' iron."
Posted By: JPro Re: ANOTHER New 6.5 Weatherby.... - 08/14/19
Too bad it was Weatherby that brought this round to market, as brass is likely to stay expensive. Hornady might steer clear of it due to competition with its own 6.5 offerings and that won't leave many other companies willing to make lower-cost brass.
since America has the 6.5 Creedmoor now,why didn`t Weatherby give this new 6.5 some wild name ? 6.5 Death - Ray ?
I need a Creedmoor mag. Hello Hornady if your listening.

Always has, since 1959.

DF

As much as I despise the 270, every time I see a Rem 700 270 from the 70's or prior I muse, "wow, what a good old classic huntin' iron."

Yeah, those old guns have killed a lot of stuff, long before they were declared "gay"...

I have a hunting bud who has killed literal truck loads of stuff with his.

I don't have the heart to tell him his old gun and that round are "gay"... Don't think he'd be impressed. Of course, he's not a Fire contributor, so he's not informed on such.

DF
It hasn't officially been announced yet. It's in a new product announcement from my Weatherby rep.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I would agree
Seems pretty close to a stretched 6.5-284 or a .264 Win Mag with a .473", '06 case head.

Should be a good one.

DF
I agree. If the brass is good and resonable, I'd like to try one.

And maybe neck it up to 7mm too whistle
Originally Posted by WhelenAway

They already have that...it's called a .280 Rem
Originally Posted by tzone

If you fatten the case with rebate, it’ll hold a bit more powder than a .280.

DF
How about a 280AI loaded to Ackley enthusiast pre-SAAMI pressure? grin
Originally Posted by mathman

I’d say getting pretty close.

DF
If that will go into a six lug Weatherby I think it will sell. I think the mag action is ALMOST a pound heavier in their ULW. The only hot round for that rifle in a 6 lug action is the 240 W. For a mountain/sheep rifle I think that's simplying maximizing powder with a good supply of high BC bullets for their rifles.

Is it revolutionary? No. Will it out sell a 270 or 30/06? No. It's a niche round that should maximize one of their actions.
Originally Posted by micky
If that will go into a six lug Weatherby I think it will sell. I think the mag action is ALMOST a pound heavier in their ULW. The only hot round for that rifle in a 6 lug action is the 240 W. For a mountain/sheep rifle I think that's simplying maximizing powder with a good supply of high BC bullets for their rifles.

Is it revolutionary? No. Will it out sell a 270 or 30/06? No. It's a niche round that should maximize one of their actions.

👍
As the 280AI is close to 7RM performance, the new 6.5 Wby opened up to 7mm should max out the 6 lug Wby action. It should be pretty close to the 7RM, especially with 7RM SAAMI caps on pressure.

Ya reckon they’ll offer it in 7mm?

DF
Originally Posted by tzone

If you fatten the case with rebate, it’ll hold a bit more powder than a .280.

It’s all conjecture without case dimensions, but it seems to me the capacity would be more close to 264WM and 7RM than to the 280.

Surprised they only claimed it was a little faster than the PRC.
As the 280AI is close to 7RM performance, the new 6.5 Wby opened up to 7mm should max out the 6 lug Wby action. It should be pretty close to the 7RM, especially with 7RM SAAMI caps on pressure.

DF

Yes. But only if the 6.5 takes off.

And the 6.5 will only take off if they put it in the Vanguard.

Otherwise it’s DOA.

Edited to add: If Remington put it in the 700 it would get a big boost too.

DF

Yes. But only if the 6.5 takes off.

And the 6.5 will only take off if they put it in the Vanguard.

Otherwise it’s DOA.

Vanguard would be a nice touch. They face a real marketing challenge with Hornady’s great ammo at a good price.

We’ll see if Wby can provide the “whole package” at a competitive price.

I wish them well.

DF

Remington chambering it WOULD be the death knell for it. They cant market a new round for crap.
You might have a point.
I would say this new round is already dead. Wby. should have come out with a short action round. There are those die hard Wby. gun owners, who only shoot those heavy 5 lug boat anchors. I'm sure some will buy and most will pass.
Some people never stop chasing the rainbow.

Oh gee. Was that mean? I'm sorry.
I don’t know ... if I can buy quality factory rounds that look to be the rough equivalent of a 6.5/06 AI I might be interested. (Probably not on a weatherby platform though.)
It will be interesting to see the specifics, as well as who picks it up. Would guess Hornady won’t be first in line as it does seem to overlap the PRC ...
Quick (rough!) measurements from the picture on page one put the case length at just shy of 2.6” and oal at ~ 3.4” ...
I have wanted a ULW for years. The weight of a magnum action in a ULW rifle never made and sense to me. Also, if I'm buying a Wby, I want a fast flat shooter. The only option was the 240W but that round never really interested me. If they built one in a 25-06 I would likely own one already. I would say this new round does what I want rather nicely. If they release it in a ULW, I may have just found what Santa Clause is putting under the tree for me this year.
I would think this round in the ULW would be a perfect match. Also agree with Vanguard.

We'll see how astute Wby marketers are...

DF
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Quick (rough!) measurements from the picture on page one put the case length at just shy of 2.6” and oal at ~ 3.4” ...

Looks like an improved version of the old 6.5x68RWS with the rim turned down to .473" case capacity would be around 85Gr or so.
I wonder why Weatherby chose to get rid of the double radius shoulder for this cartridge?
I don’t know ... if I can buy quality factory rounds that look to be the rough equivalent of a 6.5/06 AI I might be interested. (Probably not on a weatherby platform though.)
It will be interesting to see the specifics, as well as who picks it up. Would guess Hornady won’t be first in line as it does seem to overlap the PRC ...

It’s a twin to the 6.5/06 ai which I’m real familiar with, killed a lot of game with it. If they do a 6 lug ulw I’ll buy one
I wonder why Weatherby chose to get rid of the double radius shoulder for this cartridge?

IMO, Roy isn't alive to see this...

The boys are moving on...

DF
Originally Posted by Judman

It’s a twin to the 6.5/06 ai which I’m real familiar with, killed a lot of game with it. If they do a 6 lug ulw I’ll buy one

Why would it have a rebated rim if it was a twin to the 6.5-06AI ?

It's a larger case than that.
Performance twin, not a exact cartridge twin
How hot would a 100 grain Ballistic Tip be out of that thing?
How hot would a 100 grain Ballistic Tip be out of that thing?

FAST... shocked

Screaming hot... grin

DF
Just thinking it's about a 264WM without a belt.
If your right they’re leaving some velocity on the table
Just thinking it's about a 264WM without a belt.

I’d say that was probably pretty close, at least .264 Win Mag at SAAMI pressure.

DF
Ooooo….I may have to get one of those IF the ammo and components take ahold better than the 6.5 PRC. If it doesn't become as popular as the 280 Ackley Imp, I don't see it surviving, even though it "looks" like a wonderful hunting round! I like the "idea" of the 6.5 Sherman, but that's a lot of case forming, etc for someone like me who doesn't normally shoot past 300yds. I love the 6.5/284 with the 120NBT but it did not feed well in the Mod 700 SA I set it up on. Back then, I just necked down .284 win brass and I got some "swell" speeds too. Many it was a flat shooter!
Getting the 6.5-284 to feed smooth takes some tweaking, but can be done. My pre-64 feeds very well. Some alteration of the follower was required. A good smith can make it smooth.

The success, IMO, of this new rounds depends on a lot of things. We'll see if Team Wby can pull it off. They need to take a page out of the Hornady playbook.

Time will tell.

DF
Well, if they put it in the Vanguard that will help too.

Now yer talkin !!
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
There are those die hard Wby. gun owners, who only shoot those heavy 5 lug boat anchors..

Never seen a 5 lug Wby.

I have two Wby’s. One weighs 8#. The other weighs under 7#. May be both tied together would anchor a small jon boat....??
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
There are those die hard Wby. gun owners, who only shoot those heavy 5 lug boat anchors..

Never seen a 5 lug Wby.

I have two Wby’s. One weighs 8#. The other weighs under 7#. May be both tied together would anchor a small jon boat....??

6 lug ultra lightweight is one of my favorite fitting/feeling rifles I’ve ever ran.
6 lug ultra lightweight is one of my favorite fitting/feeling rifles I’ve ever ran.

Interested to read that.

I have owned a couple of them, but never really carried them enough to form a positive opinion of them.

I'll have to give them another look.

Interested to read that.

I have owned a couple of them, but never really carried them enough to form a positive opinion of them.

I agree with Judman. My Wby 280 UL is THE BEST fitting rifle I own. And, it is quite accurate.

Interested to read that.

I’ve ghosted allotted a [bleep] with a 240 ulw, until I figgered our a 6ai kicked its ass in a sa.... that being said, a 6 lugger is the most compfy platform I’ve ever wrapped my pecker tongs on... this chambering would be icing on that cake..
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight

Should help with price point and marketing.

If they come out with only expensive rifles and expensive ammo, don’t see how they’ll be competitive.

The roll out of a new round in this market would make me nervous. Hope they know what they’re doing.

DF
I’m sure there will be some vanguards
What the hell is so special about 6.5? I mean I know there's more Low Drag Long Range bullets out there for them, but I've got .277s, 284s, and .257s that shoot great out to 400-500 yards. I don't shoot farther than that. Not that I can't but because I choose not to. I'm a hunter not a long range target shooter and too much can go wrong shooting at game at 600-800 yards. I don't have a place to shoot targets that far off or I might do that sort of shooting. Looks like fun, just don't have the real estate to do it. Also, I am on three forums right now, 4 if.you count long range hunting, which I haven't been to in months, and most guys on those forums don't shoot at game farther than 400 yards. But they all like to talk about having a 6.5 and shooting into next zip code. Granted there are some long range hunters and target shooters on these forums but a majority of people there have never shot an animal at over 200 yards. If you're into shooting farther than you can see more power to you. But for a lot of people I think it's a lot of hot air.

If they come out with only expensive rifles and expensive ammo, don’t see how they’ll be competitive.

The roll out of a new round in this market would make me nervous. Hope they know what they’re doing.

DF

If they put it in a Vangard they'll saddle it with a .24 inch barrel when a rifle like that could use a 28".
Posted By: kman Re: ANOTHER New 6.5 Weatherby.... - 08/17/19
Originally Posted by Filaman

DF

If they put it in a Vangard they'll saddle it with a .24 inch barrel when a rifle like that could use a 28".

They put 26" barrels on the magnums in the Vanguard's these days, not sure why they wouldn't for the new 6.5.
Originally Posted by kman

DF

They put 26" barrels on the magnums in the Vanguard's these days, not sure why they wouldn't for the new 6.5.

^^^^This ^^^^
I bet even a 24 incher would still work for a 300yd and under , point and shoot kinda guy like me! smile
Weatherby has reduced the price of their ammo (I think all of it) by 25-30% in the last few weeks. Is it cheap, hell no. But it's much more reasonable than before.
Weatherby has reduced the price of their ammo (I think all of it) by 25-30% in the last few weeks. Is it cheap, hell no. But it's much more reasonable than before.

Probably a necessity to keep Hornady from kicking their azz...

DF

They arent paying Cali taxes anymore. Maybe that factors in as well.

They arent paying Cali taxes anymore. Maybe that factors in as well.

IMO, that was a smart move.

DF
There's nothing wrong with a non-belted steep shoulder .264WM. No interest in the weatherby guns, but if the brass supply is good I'd consider chambering a better rifle in it.
[Linked Image]
https://weatherby.com/store/65-wby-rpm/
“THE CARTRIDGE
The 6.5 WBY RPM is based on a lengthened version of the existing 284 Winchester. This cartridge has a rebated rim, making it compatible with standard 30-06 bolt faces and reloading equipment. However, the large body diameter, low body taper, and 35-degree shoulder mean that case capacity is greatly increased, leading to higher velocities. In addition, bullet innovation in the 6.5mm category are highly efficient with less drop and wind deflection than many heavier calibers. All these details culminate into a cartridge that delivers 1,500 foot pounds of energy at 500 yards capable of ethically taking big game animals across the globe.”
This is basically just a 6.5x284 Norma isn’t it? Rebated rim, non-magnum that pushes a 140gr bullet around 3000fps. I do like the look of their new lightweight rifles though.
Thinking 6.5x284 plus.

It's a long action round.
Thinking 6.5x284 plus.

So is the 6.5x284 but I like everything about the Bee version except the rebated rim. No need for this when you are already doing magnum bolts. Seems like there is a sweet spot between the 6.5x06AI and the 264 Win. that this cartridge might fill. As do a gazillion other 6.5s.
Posted By: SU35 Re: ANOTHER New 6.5 Weatherby.... - 09/03/19
I have a 700 Ti LA with a KS stock that thinks it might like this new cartridge.

A cut rifled barrel out of Wisconsin #2 at 24" might work.
Should be at about 7 lbs scoped up.

Sounds like a stretched 6.5x284.

Originally Posted by Tejano
Thinking 6.5x284 plus.

So is the 6.5x284

Understood, but the RPM case was designed as a long action case, therefore the performance boost.
Originally Posted by SU35
I have a 700 Ti LA with a KS stock that thinks it might like this new cartridge.

A cut rifled barrel out of Wisconsin #2 at 24" might work.
Should be at about 7 lbs scoped up.

Sounds like a stretched 6.5x284.

I like everything about that blueprint ...
Sounds like a winner to me as well.
What the hell is so special about 6.5? I mean I know there's more Low Drag Long Range bullets out there for them, but I've got .277s, 284s, and .257s that shoot great out to 400-500 yards. I don't shoot farther than that. Not that I can't but because I choose not to. I'm a hunter not a long range target shooter and too much can go wrong shooting at game at 600-800 yards. I don't have a place to shoot targets that far off or I might do that sort of shooting. Looks like fun, just don't have the real estate to do it. Also, I am on three forums right now, 4 if.you count long range hunting, which I haven't been to in months, and most guys on those forums don't shoot at game farther than 400 yards. But they all like to talk about having a 6.5 and shooting into next zip code. Granted there are some long range hunters and target shooters on these forums but a majority of people there have never shot an animal at over 200 yards. If you're into shooting farther than you can see more power to you. But for a lot of people I think it's a lot of hot air.
...................Hot air? Well maybe not..........Go on youtube and type in.... "The Truth About 6.5mm Rifle Cartridges".............A 3:02 video with Ron Spomer comparing the 300 Win to some other 6.5 mm cartridges.......

If you wanna know what all the hype was and is about the 6.5s, Spomer imo, sums it up pretty good for ya....

In your case based on your above post, then maybe you have no need for any 6.5 mm. But for anyone beginning to hunt and/or beginning to shoot, or anyone wishing to add onto the inventory of caliber choices, the 6.5 mm is an outstanding choice.
6.5 Messner Magnum w/284 rim perhaps?
https://www.sax-munition.de/sax-_-k...5x63-mm-_messner-magnum_-kjg-sr-pat.html
Originally Posted by beretzs

I think it's a good idea. Also a 6.5-284 chambered in a long action could be easily rechambered. This would be a way to add life to an existing 6.5-284 with a worn throat.

Also lots of modern 6.5-55s could be rechambered to this.Just imagine. Lots of rifles already out there with worn throats that could have a high performance second life.

I think you're pretty close with that description.

DF

My thoughts, exactly . . .
I want one. I want it in a $400 , sub MOA, good looking rifle that has an adjustable trigger. I didn't say it was "possible", I just said I "want one". ha
I'm very interested too, but I am afraid they may have made a big mistake by not putting it in the Vanguard. I am not seeing it in the Vanguard line.

And it sure would help if another manufacturer would chamber it.

Not sure there are enough $1500 plus MKV rifle buyers to make it succeed.
It sure seems like it would be a cool option for the long action fieldcraft as well.

I have an extra left hand long action 700 laying around I haven’t been able to make a decision on. Seems like this just might be it! Now I just need to find out if a bansner stock can be opened up for a proof carbon fiber barrel?
I’m kinda digging what they have done with the twist on the 240 and 7mm Wby though...

Glad to see them freshen those two up and get with 2019 whistle
Good catch Steve.

I did not notice that.
Anyone heard a case capacity yet?
Originally Posted by beretzs

I think it's a good idea. Also a 6.5-284 chambered in a long action could be easily rechambered. This would be a way to add life to an existing 6.5-284 with a worn throat.

Also lots of modern 6.5-55s could be rechambered to this.Just imagine. Lots of rifles already out there with worn throats that could have a high performance second life.

For sure. It’ll be interesting to see the cartridge in real life when it hits the streets.
I enjoy the oblivious humor,of Weatherby Retardation. Congratulations?!?

Instead of gathering a Clue,they mandate FAILURE.

Their 6-lugged actions are simply Goat Fhuqks and wear the COAL to align same. While being wellllll shy of Vangaurd's virtues. Hint.

Their brass is SCHIT,as is the action and it's COAL. Conjoin same with a Goat Fhuqk "proprietary" chambering,then conjoin it with Dog Schit projectiles for the "win"! LAUGHING!

Hint...................
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Their 6-lugged actions are simply Goat Fhuqks and wear the COAL to align same. While being wellllll shy of Vangaurd's virtues. Hint.

Their brass is SCHIT,as is the action and it's COAL. Conjoin same with a Goat Fhuqk "proprietary" chambering,then conjoin it with Dog Schit projectiles for the "win"! LAUGHING!

Hint...................

Agreed. Dead before it was born = an abortion with no doctor.
Fail for sure

Hint...................
........Ok Stick.....I'll bite!..........

Perhaps you can offer specific reasons as to why as you say,,, "their 6 lugged actions are simply Goat Fhuqks."

And why their brass is as you say,,,,,, "SCHIT"...........

Your advice I am sure would be appreciated by anyone here contemplating a 6 lugged Weatherby........
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

Hint...................

Perhaps you can offer specific reasons as to why as you say,,, "their 6 lugged actions are simply Goat Fhuqks."

Your advice I am sure would be appreciated by anyone here contemplating a 6 lugged Weatherby........

Do a search and see how many 6 lug actions you find. For any purpose 2 is enough and better. Don't have to have one because I know it's a [bleep] up joke.
Brass is a question but their track record is not good.
Just better options is all I'm saying
Originally Posted by 10at6
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

Hint...................

Do a search and see how many 6 lug actions you find. For any purpose 2 is enough and better. Don't have to have one because I know it's a [bleep] up joke.
Brass is a question but their track record is not good.
Just better options is all I'm saying
...............................Your reply is interesting but it did not answer my question......Google searches on how many 6 lug actions found or not found does not determine the mechanical and safety reliability of any bolt action............So again. Why specifically do you say,,,, the 6 lugged Wby action is,,,"a [bleep] up joke?"

Mechanical reasons? Safety concerns? Issues of action strength? Action smoothness?

If you and Stick are going to trash something, then let us all read specifically why!!........Perhaps you two know something that Weatherby does not kmow about their 6 lugger actions that you could pass along?
Weatherby trashed it,not me.

The 6-lug pitfalls are lug engagement and COAL latitude. Both squarely cover mechanics and safety,neither of which are endearing. Hint.

Neverbee brass has always sucked ass,in regards to it's relative mettle. Pun be intended. They are Pavement Pounders,who are ALL hat and no Ranch,which have recently hopped a fence and are looking to "justify" same. Them with a clue,can see it from miles away...Kalifornians make excuses to "justify" the Retardation. Hint.

The "premise" is a "new" way to arrange Long Range "mechanics",the flaw being Facts and Physics. Boolits still matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps and one simply cain't push a Marshmellow fast enough,to hang with an SR-71. Going proprietary on brass,from a SCHIT Manufacturer,does NO favors. Stuffing same with PingPong Balls due the hilarity of COAL mag constraints,is EPIC fhuqking humor! Hint.

Neverbee coulda/shoulda embraced that which is and simply built around proven wares. The 6-lugged Goat Fhuqk is HILARIOUS and their best wares to date,are twin-lugged Howa's. Had they conjoined "forces" and simply rolled out a mid-length receiver,they woulda STOLE The Show. Lotsa room for existing chamberings and the astute woulda defaulted that way,due it being THE Yellow Brick Road. ShamWow's,Whizzum's,PRC's etc...woulda had lotsa room to flaunt BC's. Hint.

Instead of,they "offer" a long action,which holds less in the belly,cain't shoot a boolit worth a fhuqk and frost it with their SCHIT brass,as a Swan Song.

Neverbee "accolades".

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

THE most hilarious!

[Linked Image]

Pardon a 264 Kreedmire slapping it silly,while bolstering farrrrrrrr greater ES/SD values,vastly superior brass,less noise and reduced loot,if only for starters. Hint.

[Linked Image]

I rather enjoy you STUPID Fhuqks doing your best.

Hint.

Laughing!....................
The dumbest of fuucks, you sure seem really bothered by this... no one answered on asgayasitgets, so you’ll displace your hostility’s here... who cares, besides you ??? Maybe another “pard” will take care of stuff you don’t??? Haha worthless cuunt...

Oh, btw, compare real shiit, not your imagination and pretend!!! Haha
Please post some more cut and paste, as only you seem to be the only dummy horned up!!! Haha
Oh my...is someone still TRYING to "live" vicariously? Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

I rather enjoy Fence Hoppers "lauding" their Stupidity,via the fruition of their "knowledge","experience" and "results". Pardon my having shot more Neverbee's on accident,than you ever will on purpose. Stupidity is a GREAT "equalizer" and makes schit "shine"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. LAUGHING!

Folks who "know" as "much" as you,are never not best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Hint.

Feel free to extoll 6-lug "virtues",by quantifying COAL "latitude",while mentioning a few words about Ping Pong Balls and how your Retardation "grants" you the inherent "ability" to be smitten. Pull NO punches and go for the throat,with your crossed-eyes and drooling maw. Go knock on the neighbor's door and borrow a camera,so you can Post "your" own pics too. LAUGHING! Hint.

[Linked Image]

Pardon Facts and Physics,upsetting you so,as you strive to "justify" that Minimum Wage and your "abilities".

Hint.

Laughing!.....................
Everytime I see that Stick posted, I wonder what happened to make him so angry. I couldn't get that angry if I wanted to.
was that ringman after finding out 'stick don't care much for his new rifle?
Interesting marketing decision. One of Pappy's Rules for Cartridge Design is that anything new should either fill a ballistic niche, surpass existing cartridges, or allow a new level of performance in a particular platform (usually ARs or SAs). Thus one doesn't appear to do any of that at present, nor even correct any shortcomings in design or execution of the existing competition like the Creedmoors do. I like the mini Mark Vs pretty well as hunting rifles, but not enough to pony up for one, and suspect that not that many others are either, but Nosler seems to be doing okay with its proprietary line, so maybe that's whats driving the Weatherby idea. I'd have just offered the PRCs in a Vanguard and called it done. I suppose those 5-pound rifles will be a draw to some, but that could've been done with existing rounds. If nothing else, a few lucky gunwriters should get some nice hunting trips out of this.

If this thing sells, I wonder if the PRC crowd will wail and gnash their teeth like the 6.5 Swede/.260 crowd does.😛
Pardon my shooting it all and then some. Hint.

The less you STUPID Fhuqk's "know"...the "better" everything is.

"Luckily" for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute".

Laughing!...............
Originally Posted by 19352012
Everytime I see that Stick posted, I wonder what happened to make him so angry. I couldn't get that angry if I wanted to.

She do get angry at weatherby!!! 🤣🤣
Pardon my shooting it all and then some. Hint.

The less you STUPID Fhuqk's "know"...the "better" everything is.

"Luckily" for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute".

Laughing!...............
....................Well thank you Stick for your wonderful and EXTREMELY detailed reasoning that FULLY described your dislike of the Weatherby 6 lugged action......I won't be looking to either sell or trade my 9 lug MK5 Accumark anytime soon. Seems that 9 lugs are better than 6..................

And I will continue to enjoy my ""NEVERBEE" MK5 with its 9 lug action of course. Of which no doubt you find as detestable as the 6 lugger????.......LOL>>>LOL....

Another question for ya Stick.....In noticing your above quote which says....."The less you STUPID Fhuqks "know" the "better" everything is.".......Unquote........Well if it is your concern that we all know less making everything better, then why do you continue to post your wonderful comments that exude your well detailed knowledge and expertise????.....Why post anything at all? Afterall, the less we know the "BETTER" everything is,,, right?...............Ok then! Using your analogy, then that should mean that we stupid folk should not be reading anymore of your posts, therefore requiring that you no longer make any posts???................Better to keep us all stupid right?.........Ok then. Then do not post anymore because you will be doing the rest of us a great favor by keeping us stupid........................

Had yer Jack Daniels this morning????.
[Linked Image]
I wonder if they are inflating their own capacity as much as they are the 264 WM and 26 nosler. If so, would put the rpm 76-77 ish.
Whelen - where did that screenshot come from? The 6.5/284 and prc numbers are even worse - they are off by more than 10% (16% for the norma!) Was that something weatherby put out or some secondary “publication”?
It came from Shooting Times.
It came from Shooting Times.

Wonder if those were their actual measurements. There are some “interesting” capacities in that list.
© 24hourcampfire