Home
Posted By: mjbgalt Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/15/19
Just bought a 243 adl for $184. Yes you read that right. Lots of other chamberings and knives and etc.

Checked brickseek and didn't believe my eyes.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/15/19
No 700 ADLs in 243 on sale at my local W-Ms, but they have some 223s and 270s on sale for $299.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/15/19
Check every so often. This one went from 299 to 184 fast
This one was 184 for all of the adl models except 3006 i think
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/15/19
I just bought a .223 ADL today and it was $379. I asked about specials and there were none to be had. Apparently, our WalMart is not going to abandon guns.

kwg
Hmm. The vast majority of the guns were not discounted
Posted By: SWcowboy Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/15/19
Would anyone have the numbers to check brickseek for their area.

Thanks
Jim
Posted By: 260madman Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/15/19
Our Walmart never clearances guns. They had 1 M700 on the shelf when I was there Monday. New manger doesn’t want Ryder crap in. The old manager always had the racks full and people were buying guns all the time. I haven’t seen anybody checking out guns at the counter in a very long time.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/16/19
Everything is still $379 around here.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/16/19
Huh. Guy in front of me was buying 2 of them...found it on a shooting website. A few more at various Ohio walmarts but lots of wmts in between at 379 still.
Also a nice sog knife for 13 bucks and an Ontario rat knife for 13 as well.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/16/19
You're all set to skin rats Up North? smile
Guess so.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/16/19
Are these in store only?
Scored on a $184 700 ADL in 7 rem mag. Was the only rifle I saw marked down in my part of Kentucky and Tennessee. Was told that only a certain number of stores were clearing them out, then was told that not all stores had been notified to drop them, so who knows. Don't have any need whatsoever for a 7 mag, but for $184 I'll do something with it. Also scored on a Leupold RX650 rangefinder for a $108. Don't need it either, but it is about half the size of my old Nikon, so why not.
Posted By: tdd4570 Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/16/19
Were these package rifles, including a scope?

All of the Wal-Mart's around here only carry the package guns.

I'm on the hunt for a .243 for the $184.
Yep. Package with scope
Posted By: joe6555 Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/16/19
anybody have an SKU for these?
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/16/19
Just did a little looking around here on Brickseek. No joy.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/16/19
Originally Posted by joe6555

I'm curious if Walmart would price match from store to store.
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

No, They will not.
Posted By: Dan700mn Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/16/19
Loveland Colorado Walmart has a savage 220 for $249.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

No, They will not.

Depends on who you know
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Yep. Package with scope

Selling that bitchin’ scope ?
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/17/19
Lol you buying?
Posted By: hunt_4646 Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/17/19
Store usually receives permission to clearance higher priced guns that have been in inventory a long time and not selling in their area. Few stores have guns to clear in middle Tennessee area.
Posted By: gene270 Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/17/19
i left my walmart yesterday shaking my head....there was not a person in the store that could sell me a gun and that was after arguing with them to check there back room for stock where they found a few rifles...

I have come to the conclusion the frustration isnt worth the discount................
Originally Posted by gene270
i left my walmart yesterday shaking my head....there was not a person in the store that could sell me a gun and that was after arguing with them to check there back room for stock where they found a few rifles...

I have come to the conclusion the frustration isnt worth the discount................

Welcome to the club. Last year i ended up doing about the same thing that ended with a call from an African American chick in California. She worked in walmart customer service and got right to the bottom of all the confusion. There was a brand new ban on firearm sales in TN. Lol

Its MUCH BETTER to spend elsewhere.
I buy motor oil and ground beef from walmart. That's about it.
I have bought several guns from Walmart in the past, and one from Kmart also. None of the gun shops could match the prices.....
The walmart's around my neck of the woods still sell guns, i've heard that is not the case everywhere though.
Originally Posted by winchester70

I'd drink the motor oil before I'd eat ground beef from Walmart.
Lol you buying?

No. I figured you needed a place to store it. We will recycle it for a fee of $12.87 .
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/19/19
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Same.
Posted By: Turkeyrun Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/19/19
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I concur
Posted By: CRS Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/19/19
I have looked at WM firearms numerous times. Short of a cheap ruger 10/22's, they have nothing I want in my safe.
Posted By: POPBEAR Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/21/19
Scored a Savage A17 auto 17 HMR marked down from 383 to 184. In N.C. Rem 700 not marked down here yet.
Posted By: HeavyBarrel Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/21/19
The Remington Auto Loaders were half price last week but the 700's have not yet been marked down here in my part of Kentucky.

HeavyBarrel
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/21/19
Originally Posted by HeavyBarrel
The Remington Auto Loaders were half price last week but the 700's have not yet been marked down here in my part of Kentucky.

HeavyBarrel

FWIW....sporting goods manager at the local Walmart told me this morning that he had heard nothing about the 700's being marked down, except for certain ones that had been on the shelves of stores for over a specified period of time. He said the 700's sold good locally and all he had were new stock, and as far as he knew, would not be on clearance.

All of which means absolutely nothing, as everyone knows.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they got out of the gun business tomorrow.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 08/31/19
Just found 2 more 7mm 700s...89 bucks a piece. Buddy and I grabbed them.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 09/02/19
Just found 2 more 7mm 700s...89 bucks a piece. Buddy and I grabbed them.

Dayum. That's a ridiculous deal.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 09/02/19
Yeah. Super happy with that.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 09/02/19
I found 3 Model 700's on clearance.......a 7mm Mag for $184, and 2 Youth 243's for $89. I have no idea what I'll do with them, as I have zero interest in the magnum, and already have a Youth 243 for the grandkids to use. But, for that price, I'll figure out something.
Posted By: go_bears Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 09/02/19
I’m a little confused on these deals... are they listed at the store or do you have to ask them to price check then the price pops up on scanner? Are all youth 243’s on clearance or just certain stores.... I’ve got a 400 mile drive home and will hit up as many Walmart’s as I can find. I’m just confused how these deals are found.
Originally Posted by go_bears
I’m a little confused on these deals... are they listed at the store or do you have to ask them to price check then the price pops up on scanner? Are all youth 243’s on clearance or just certain stores.... I’ve got a 400 mile drive home and will hit up as many Walmart’s as I can find. I’m just confused how these deals are found.

Go to Brickseek or Dexterclearance for Walmart clearances, and type in this SKU....17474410, and enter the zip code area that you want to search.
Should show you what is on clearance and what is not. Only a handful of stores around here had them marked down.
Originally Posted by go_bears

Go to Brickseek or Dexterclearance for Walmart clearances, and type in this SKU....17474410, and enter the zip code area that you want to search.
Should show you what is on clearance and what is not. Only a handful of stores around here had them marked down.

They are all still $379 in my area. 😢
Posted By: GeorgiaBoy Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 09/02/19

No, They will not.

Correct. Each Walmart pretty much does this independently based on the current stock levels. I think the division mgr. also has to approve the reduction. At least that's how it was explained to me.
I'm in the middle of two Walmarts, and when it comes to guns and ammo, they are worlds apart. They both carry them, but they do not run the same clearance sales, nor the same selection and quantities.
It was explained to me that the markdowns are based upon what is selling and what is not at a particular store, or a certain area. There is no rhyme or reason to it, the best I can tell. One store had the $89 700s, the other ones around it were still all at $379. The ones I found were in Evansville IN. The cheapest price I saw in Kentucky, or at least in my part, was $184.

The 11-87 shotgun markdowns were more widespread, with most stores clearing theirs out. I bought some Covert made trail cams for $35 that were regularly $142. Some stores marked theirs down, while the store in the next town over, didn't. Most of the cameras I found marked down were in Tennessee, or in other parts of Kentucky.

Walmart is a strange bird. They stock what sells good, and if it doesn't sell, or they can't buy a million at a time, they won't carry it.
They are a "strange bird" indeed, James. You happened upon some killer deals. Me...always wrong timing. Have money...no bargains. Find bargains...no money. laugh
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 09/02/19
Once in a while even a blind hog finds a chestnut.
Well said. grin
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Check your Wal-Mart... - 09/02/19
Well damn guys. Its the only chestnuts I found this year lol
© 24hourcampfire