Home
Read where some people have criticized the Tikka magazines as being prone to break when dropped and that the long action magazine might be more likely wear more quickly and cause feeding issues. Thought I read where someone thought the short-action magazines might be more durable and rigid due to the extra plastic. Is there any truth to this? Do you think the short-action magazines might be more durable and more rigid than the long-action magazines?
First time I've heard of that criticism. Never had a problem. I buy an extra mag for every dbm rifle l have.
Never heard of a single issue with a Tikka magazine. I've had some issues with Ruger American rotary magazines..

Since they are all on a long action there is an argument that there is less of an advantage buying a short cartridge. The magazines are the same size.
No
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
No

+1 they are stupid simple and rugged
I heard these same rumors on the Tikka T3 a few years back when they first came out. I think many of them were internet fairytales. I think I have actually seen one person post a picture of a T3 magazine that broke on them, and that was pretty much the owner's fault.
I have the factory 3 round and 2, 5 round mags, after 3+ years of hard use I have had no problems.

mike r
^^^^^^^
Same as me - two 5 rounders and one 3 rounder - no issues at all.
Not intended for the OP, but as a general observation it's funny how guys will worry about a magazine in a rifle, and not think twice about it in a battle-tested 1911 or Glock...

The composite Tikka magazines have taken a fair amount of abuse in the elk camps I have shared. The only problem is when someone misplaces one.
To the OP - there is no truth to what you are being told or read.
© 24hourcampfire