Home
Posted By: WhelenAway A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/03/19
Just saw this Limited Edition Classic 6.5 Creedmoor

[Linked Image]

Link to spec. sheet below.

Link to .pdf
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/03/19
A classic 6.5 Creedmoor is called a 6.5X55 Swede, no? Still a nice looking rifle.
Posted By: Capt_Craig Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/03/19
Why can’t they do that one in 7mm-08 instead of the Creed? Do all rifles need to be in 6.5 Creed now?
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/03/19
I bet they sell all of them. Which is the goal after all.
When four of the five top threads in this sub forum are talking about the cartridge in question, that might be a clue as to why a company might make rifles so chambered....
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/03/19
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
Why can’t they do that one in 7mm-08 instead of the Creed? Do all rifles need to be in 6.5 Creed now?

Because they want to sell 1000 rifles. That is why they make them.

I don't care what it's chambered for, nice is nice.
Posted By: Otter6 Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/03/19
I hope the industry isn't following the "fire". Like a bunch of old biddys arguing at the bingo parlor. In all seriousness. I figure that's why Tikka changed their bolt shroud, chit canned the scope rings, and opened up the ejection port. This forum was by far the worst of the half dozen or so I visit. All our dumbass whining and crying might be getting results. How about that? Scary.

How about a little more bitching about no 6mm or 22 Creedmoor in their line. Let's get with it!

That Kimber should sell like hotcakes. I like those classics. Nice rifles.
Posted By: SKane Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/03/19
Originally Posted by Otter6

How about a little more bitching about no 6mm or 22 Creedmoor in their line. Let's get with it!

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Blackheart Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/03/19
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Because they want to sell 1000 rifles.
Yep, same reason they ain't making them in 6.5x55 or .260 Rem..
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/03/19
Bet the rifle sells just fine
That rifle is the only reason I now own a 6.5 Creed.

Well this exact one actually.................

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/829207991

Should arrive by the end of the week.
Good Lord. Is time moving so fast now that a 12 year old cartridge is considered "Classic"...?

wink
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/03/19
I still wish they'd hire woodworkers in the USA...
Posted By: mathman Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/03/19
Classic refers to the rifle.
Posted By: whitearrow Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/03/19
i'm with you jim. classic and creedmoor shouldn't be used in the same sentence....................just yet. classic is more than a few yrs old imho. now the 6.5x55 swede. now there is a classic cartridge. but, alas they have to sell rifles......
Big Ed
Originally Posted by mathman
This little Kimber 84m has ruined me..............Classic Select in .308 win

It was my first Kimber a few years back. It's the only reason I own a .308(great cartridge).

[Linked Image]

It started me down the slippery slope of Kimber ownership. I know have a classic 25-06, classic select 308, two Kimber Montana .223's (one threaded, one not), and three Kimber longmaster classics in .223..........and now waiting on the classic in 6.5 creed to arrive this week.

The Kimber montana in .223 may be the "perfect" rifle for me. Just one of my absolute favorites. Boy that Kimber roulette sure hasn't kept me away from the table.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

All of mine shoot under 1/2 MOA.

Just what are you saying here? grin
I saw some CBHS flaring up, so I thought I'd try to cool it off. grin
Posted By: tzone Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/03/19
Originally Posted by screaminweasil

A fine rifle for the price.

Yes, I know, hence the winking emoticon at the bottom of the post indicating that it was a facetious remark, made in the hopes of inducing a smile on the faces of the incurably literal. smile
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/03/19
A Longmaster .308 was the most accurate rifle I ever owned, or fired. Sadly, it went down the road due to an urgent need for cash.

Very nice rifle. Pretty good deal for $1000.00. Hopefully your spin of the roulette wheel is positive.
I think the roulette wheel has shrunk. I have heard of very few of the 6.5 84Ms which wouldn’t shoot something well.
I think the Kimber roulette wheel has more to do with the "spinner" than the wheel.

There's some technique involved in shooting Kimbers well; some will never understand.

For $1,000 bones, nothing can touch a Kimber 84 Classic (In my opinion and experience thus far).
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/03/19
For $1,000 bones, nothing can touch a Kimber 84 Classic (In my opinion and experience thus far).

I gotta agree.

And I'm surprised they held the price down so low on this one.

Looks like you got a real nice one too.
Yeah man, that is a nice looking rifle and an excellent price to boot 👍....I think "Kimber roulette" is mostly a thing of the past, I have purchased 8 NIB Kimber rifles over the past 18 months and they have all been excellent rifles.......Hb
A 5/8" red pad woulda been nice. LOL. What's the barrel length? Does seem reasonable for a limited edition.
Thanks Fellas.........

I"m excited to get it. I'm assuming the barrel length is 22", it looks like it ought to be in that neighborhood from the pics. It's interesting the Kimber website doesn't mention barrel length on this particular rifle.
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/04/19
Yep. 22"

Saw it posted somewhere?

Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Yep. 22"

Thanks Whelen. I figured I overlooked it.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/04/19
With an MSRP at $1168, I would think retail would be just under a $1000? Won't last long.
I saw them at $980 shipped, but it's luck of the draw on the wood.

Should be gone soon.
I paid $1,030 shipped.............no credit card fees. But, as you can see, I got some pretty decent figure on the stock. A few others on Gunbroker right now with plywood planks for wood. I sure as heck wouldn't buy any Kimber 84 Classic or Classic Select without shopping the wood grain. I've seen some from bare figured plywood to AAA.
Sometimes you gamble and win.

But I agree. It's worth $50 to get a nice piece of wood.
Posted By: jwall Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/04/19
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Good Lord. Is time moving so fast now that a 12 year old cartridge is considered "Classic"...?

I was thinking the 6.5 C ain’t old enuff to BE classic. Now a Classic Rifle in 6.5 C
is annudder thing.

Jerry
Posted By: JMR40 Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/04/19
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

I was thinking the 6.5 C ain’t old enuff to BE classic. Now a Classic Rifle in 6.5 C
is annudder thing.

Jerry

"Classic" refers to the name of the rifle. Which isn't anything new, they are just offering the "Classic" rifle in a new cartridge. No one complained when Winchester offered their " Classic" line of rifles in the brand new WSM line of cartridges.
Posted By: jwall Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/04/19
Originally Posted by JMR40
Originally Posted by jwall

..... Now a Classic Rifle in 6.5 C
is annudder thing.

Jerry

"Classic" refers to the name of the rifle. Which isn't anything new, they are just offering the "Classic" rifle in a new cartridge. No one complained when Winchester offered their " Classic" line of rifles in the brand new WSM line of cartridges.

And M 70s are classic in MOST people's opinions.

Jerry
yeah "Classic" refers to the Kimber 84M's model just like "Montana" or "Open Country"...its really not that hard......Good luck with your cool new rifle 👍....Hb
Thats a really nice kimber. If i were going to make a "classic", it would actually be a classic CRF model 70. Been thinking about turning my 7mm08 into a 6.5 cm, just like this Kimber. Great idea!!
I heard Winchester was going to do a featherweight in 6.5 ... SHOT 2018 I believe?
Posted By: 79S Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/05/19
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
I heard Winchester was going to do a featherweight in 6.5 ... SHOT 2018 I believe?

I but all giving up on ever seeing one..
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

I but all giving up on ever seeing one..

But they are shipping them from Portugal John. You got to be patient man.

Agreed, I would like to see this exact rifle chambered in .308 Win 👍.....Hb
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/20/19
Couldn't help myself. I snagged one:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: centershot Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/20/19
Got a pretty classy one myself - only its a Bergara.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Ooh, that is nice!
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/20/19

[Linked Image]

nice. the wood looks sexy on that one
Thanks. It does look good. Both sides. I can't wait to see it.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 09/20/19
Do all rifles need to be in 6.5 Creed now?

Or, 270 Winchester......evidently.

If you really want a true classic rifle, get a Winchester 1885.
Personally wish they would have skipped the two tone and gone either straight black or stainless. But that’s just me, and overall I think it’s a great looking rifle. Several examples on here of some nice grain as well. Congrats to the new owners...
I agree on the two-tone, but I wonder if maybe the limited edition version was a trial balloon.

Maybe if it sells out quickly we'll see an all-stainless version in regular production?

[Linked Image]

No, you STOLE that one.

I had that in my watch list. Good on ya!! Glad you scored on one with nice wood for a great price as well. I can't imagine you not "loving it".
Thanks! I figured I needed a partner for my Stainless Classic Select 280AI.

I was really surprised and happy to get it for that price. Sometimes it works out, but mostly it doesn't.
Such a soft market right now. I've seen some silly deals on Kimbers and Fieldcrafts lately. Good time to buy for sure!
The third day owning mine...........I killed a nice Black Bear with it shooting the Hornady Factory American gunner 140gr BTHP at 285 yds. Such a sweet little round in my Favorite model of rifle!! Hard to go wrong.
Yep. It's a tough time to be selling guns.

I saw your bear kill. Congrats!

I'll have to give Gunner a try. I've mostly been shooting 140ELDM in the 6.5CM.

I'm anxious to get it and put a few rounds through it. My last 84M Classic was a 308, so I am anxious to compare the recoil with the 6.5CM. I'm thinking it will be a little less frisky.

[Linked Image]

Lol....I put in a lowball bid on this and thought I actually might get it until you bid at the last minute 😁.....Nice snag at an outstanding price!...Enjoy!.....Hb
Posted By: Hugh_W2 Re: A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor - 10/05/19
WhelenAway,
Your Kimber is a beauty! Tell us how she shoots!
Thanks for sharing.
Hugh
© 24hourcampfire