Home
Posted By: ol_mike Remington factory DBM ? - 09/15/19
I'd like a few [or more] opinions of the Factory 700 DBM , good - Ok ?

Thanks - Mike
Posted By: drover Re: Remington factory DBM ? - 09/15/19
I know a couple of guys who had them in 7/08, both rifles had feeding issues.

drover
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Remington factory DBM ? - 09/16/19
Thanks for imput Drover !
Posted By: Lou_270 Re: Remington factory DBM ? - 09/16/19
I had a 300 win dbm, and now have a 270 dbm. Zero feeding or any other issues. Couple buddies have 270 dbms and never heard them mention any issues

Lou
OK 1 bad ,, 1 good . smile
Posted By: Holston Re: Remington factory DBM ? - 09/16/19
Have had a .243 mountain rifle with the factory DBM for years.

Haven't had the first issue with it.

Couple hunting buddies have DBMs in .30-06 and maybe one in .300 Win, but I'm not positive on the magnum. Haven't heard a complaint from them either.

I much prefer ADL for my rifles or something that takes AICS mags, but if I had to hunt the rest of my life with the Remington's factory DBM I wouldn't be worried.
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: Remington factory DBM ? - 09/16/19

I’ve had a 260 with DBM for about 20yrs, never had an issue.
I have one in 7-08.
Dremeled on a light weight sps stock and fitted everything to a T.
Didn't really care for the dbm, so I glassed it in, and made an adl out of it.
Never a feeding issue.
Now I have a 24" barreled lightweight rifle. With a mag full of shells, and a 6x36 Leupold, it weights in at 6lbs 9 oz !
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: TOPCATHR Re: Remington factory DBM ? - 09/16/19
I also had feeding problems, sometimes simple is better.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Remington factory DBM ? - 09/16/19
Hunting buddy has a M700 25-06 Mt Rifle w/factory DBM that's functioned very well. I've watched him shoot several hundred rounds through the rifle w/nary a wiggle in the Feed/Function dept.

IMO, the downside is that you're stuck w/the DBM as there are no feed lips/rails in a factory DBM action. You could convert to an aftermarket DBM as well I suppose but there's no just dropping into a new stock and swapping in an ADL or BLD internal box/bottom metal.
Posted By: Ken_L Re: Remington factory DBM ? - 09/16/19
I have a 30-06 that was a custom build with the Remington DBM. I have had zero feeding issues with a number of hand loaded bullets.
Posted By: tzone Re: Remington factory DBM ? - 09/16/19
I've had a few without issues. They're expensive to replace, and add some weight, but decent.
Posted By: N2TRKYS Re: Remington factory DBM ? - 09/16/19
I've got a Remington M700 BDL stainless in 25-06 that's has a DBM. I like it and have never had any issues with it.
Originally Posted by horse1
Hunting buddy has a M700 25-06 Mt Rifle w/factory DBM that's functioned very well. I've watched him shoot several hundred rounds through the rifle w/nary a wiggle in the Feed/Function dept.

IMO, the downside is that you're stuck w/the DBM as there are no feed lips/rails in a factory DBM action. You could convert to an aftermarket DBM as well I suppose but there's no just dropping into a new stock and swapping in an ADL or BLD internal box/bottom metal.

Wow - didn't know that - thanks
Thanks for all the imput folks.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Remington factory DBM ? - 09/16/19
Have 2 never an issue
© 24hourcampfire