Home
Posted By: micky Tikka stock swap - 09/21/19
I bought a 243SL and really like how the rifle shoots. I'm no crazy about the stock. It makes a hollow sound when bumped and it just feels off. Is it possible to swap a t3 stock onto a t3x. I have a Hunter stock I am going to try but I also want to try the Forest stock. I love a roll over cheek piece.

Thanks
Posted By: Walter_Sobchak Re: Tikka stock swap - 09/21/19
You can put a T3x barreled action into a t3 stock, but the wider ejection port on the T3x may be slightly obstructed. Nothing you couldn’t fix, but you may have to deal with some refinishing if you’re thinking about using a wood stock. A t3 stocks will have an aluminum recoil lug so you may want to install a steel lug.

Posted By: Wesley2 Re: Tikka stock swap - 09/21/19
They will interchange flawlessly.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Tikka stock swap - 09/22/19
Do this.

https://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=565553&highlight=Mods+make+Tikkas
Posted By: micky Re: Tikka stock swap - 09/22/19
Have you done this? The plastic bags in the stock is rather creative. I had considered great stuff foam to quiet things down.
Posted By: Tstorm1 Re: Tikka stock swap - 09/23/19
I've done several with the expanding foam. It's the first thing I do after firing and knowing it shoots well. It definitely quiets the stock and doesn't add much weight at all. My hunting buddy uses silicone caulk in his since he wants a bit of added weight. I bought a 243SL for my wife a couple years ago and it is the best shooting gun we have and shoots anything from 75gr to 100gr.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Tikka stock swap - 09/23/19
Every tikka I have has 5 or 6 plastic grocery bags in the stock. Easy, no muss no fuss, light and no echo. Free, too.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Tikka stock swap - 09/23/19
Expanding foam works. I've never tried plastic bags, but it sounds like a good idea. I've filled up the stock with a handful of the packing peanuts or even rolled up bubble wrap. Never bought any, there is always some lying around from packages purchased. Expanding foam does work, but the other options are less messy and reversible.
Posted By: Dre Re: Tikka stock swap - 09/23/19
if you go expanding foam, go with the one made for windows so it doesn't try blow out your stock. Use masking tape on edge. lot easier to keep clean
© 24hourcampfire