Home
I know the 7600 I use deforms the lead tips of the Corelok bullets I use when chambering a round. Does anyone use plastic tip bullets in their pump rifles? Do they get deformed as well?
Had a .270 760 for a while. The most accurate load used 140 Ballistic Tips, and I never noticed any problem when chambering rounds.
I have never notice rounds being damaged on chambering either...this is new to me. Having said that, BT should work just fine for your rifle.
Not plastic tipped, but I shoot 150 grain Winchester/Olin PowerMax Bonded factory loads in my 760 in 270 and the 180 grain load in my 760 in 30-06 without any feeding issues.
I agree with the other posters.

I bought bulk Rem PSPCLs from Midway years ago FOR hunting. I’ve been using them for
years. I haven’t had enuff tip deformation to notice.

I suggest you check you magazines (clips) and O A L of loaded rounds.

Good Luck

Jerry
do you think that tip deformation is affecting accuracy?
Have not experienced it myself.
Originally Posted by jwall
I agree with the other posters.

I bought bulk Rem PSPCLs from Midway years ago FOR hunting. I’ve been using them for
years. I haven’t had enuff tip deformation to notice.

I suggest you check you magazines (clips) and O A L of loaded rounds.

Good Luck

Jerry

I agree with you and the others. The 760's ive had never deformed tips. Id be checking and fixing said rifle/problem.
I've used Nosler Accubonds and BT's in several and hadn't noticed anything worth noting.
Hell, 1/2 the Corelok bullets I use now come pre-deformed out of the box. laugh
I load 120gr BTs for my 7600 7mm-08 with no problems. My 760 30-06 doesn't deform bullets either.
Have used nothing but lead tip bullets in my 760 for 40 years without ever having this issue. I am curious to know what is causing the damage? How bad are the tips being damaged? I don't think anything but the most severe damage will affect performance, anyone else had experience with this one way or the other?
Sorry, to many?'s
Sounds like the magazine lips need tweaking. Though inside 300 yards your likely to never notice a difference in POI.
I never noticed tip deformation in any 760 I've owned. And I'm not sure how many I've owned.
© 24hourcampfire