Home
Posted By: cdg Tikka T3X Lite - 10/23/19
Does any after market manufacturer make a magazine for the TIkka T3X Lite in 6.5 Creedmoor that does not protrude from the stock but flush?
Thanks
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tikka T3X Lite - 10/23/19
I’ve always thought a metal box with a slight stagger would do just that.
Posted By: micky Re: Tikka T3X Lite - 10/23/19
I would definitely buy one if it existed. I would love a smooth bottom on my SL and if I could get aluminum bottom metal with it would be perfect.
Posted By: cdg Re: Tikka T3X Lite - 10/23/19
The smooth bottom is why I really like the feel of a blind feed (Barrett Fieldcraft Craft, Kimber Montana, ect..)
The only thing I’m not a fan of with the Tikka is the protruding mag.
Posted By: HandgunHTR Re: Tikka T3X Lite - 10/23/19
I have never found that the factory 3-round mag protruded enough to be an issue.

There are some that do make aftermarket mags for the Tikka, but as far as I know they all follow the original mag profile.

The one that may work is a flush mount AICS pattern mag (Curtis), but they you have to with the bottom metal to accept those, and they are not cheap.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tikka T3X Lite - 10/23/19
T3SL + SWFA + Ext Mag = Suck Carry
Posted By: Darryle Re: Tikka T3X Lite - 10/24/19
I put Mountain Tactical bottom metal on all 3 of my Tikka T3/T3x Lite rifles and use the factory 3 rd, are you wanting something shorter than that?
Posted By: cdg Re: Tikka T3X Lite - 10/24/19
Yes, shorter. Like the feel of a rifle with a blind magazine because the underside of the rifle is smooth. If the Tikka T3X Lite magazine was flush with the stock I’d prefer it.
Posted By: Formidilosus Re: Tikka T3X Lite - 10/24/19
Far be it for me.....

But being concerned with the 1/4” of a factory T3 mag protruding is pole vaulting over mouse turds.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Tikka T3X Lite - 10/24/19
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Far be it for me.....

But being concerned with the 1/4” of a factory T3 mag protruding is pole vaulting over mouse turds.

I agree. Have they even toted it around the woods? Its smooth and comfortable. You don't even notice it...
Posted By: cdg Re: Tikka T3X Lite - 10/24/19
"But being concerned with the 1/4” of a factory T3 mag protruding is pole vaulting over mouse turds."

Formidilosus,
Thank you :-) I had a good laugh with that analogy.....but you're right about making too big a deal over something small.
Posted By: Castle_Rock Re: Tikka T3X Lite - 10/24/19
Far be it for me.....

Don’t be so mean, some people have very sensitive hands
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Tikka T3X Lite - 10/24/19
I am bothered by the goiterous magazines that are becoming prevalent on rifles these days, but I am not at all bothered by the mag on my T3X. I haven't even shot mine yet, but I can't imagine it being an issue.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Tikka T3X Lite - 10/24/19
"Goiterous" LOL .
Posted By: rj308 Re: Tikka T3X Lite - 10/24/19
This is truly not a smart ass remark. If the small protrusion of the T3 (X) bothers you, trade for a Browning X-Bolt. Zero mag protrusion, smooth as a baby's ass, like a blind mag gun and the factory syn stock is a bit better than the Tikka stock (IMHO). My T3 shoots extremely well and my 2 X-Bolts shoot every bit as good as it does. RJ
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tikka T3X Lite - 10/24/19
Far be it for me.....

Wouldn’t that be about 99% of all the threads? I mean really...that extra 2” of drift at 500 yards BC argument is never ending.

Welcome to the 24 HR Turd Jump.

😜
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Tikka T3X Lite - 10/25/19
Originally Posted by 16bore
Far be it for me.....

Wouldn’t that be about 99% of all the threads? I mean really...that extra 2” of drift at 500 yards BC argument is never ending.

Welcome to the 24 HR Turd Jump.

Funny!
😜
© 24hourcampfire