Home
Posted By: Fotis Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/24/19
https://www.currypilot.com/news_pai...ebf3036-f5e7-11e9-bcf4-db31cb53aede.html
Posted By: shinbone Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/24/19
From the looks of the photos, there ain't nothing left. Huge tragedy.
Posted By: Tejano Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/24/19
So sad and I was just about to order another barrel from them. Pac-Nor had upped their game with a plasma type barrel polisher that was even more effective than hand lapping in producing uniform barrels. Hard to start over at 66 but maybe his employees will want to re-start the business and buy it.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/24/19
Hope so!
Posted By: AKduck Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/24/19
Damn.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/24/19
That does suck.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/24/19
Damn.
Glad everyone is ok.
Life can change just that quickly.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/24/19
Wow. That’s crazy stuff. Glad no one was injured.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/24/19
Wow... Just Wow... I had to start over financially at 50. Cannot imagine having to do it at 66...
I just received an email from them:
OCT 23 OUR SHOP BURNED TO THE GROUND.
WE WILL REBUILD AND PLEASE FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK.
I HAVE PHONE AND EMAIL IN OUR HOME NOW.
KATHY DICHTER
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/26/19
I got the same email. Good to see that they are going to rebuild
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/26/19
Great news!
Posted By: shootinurse Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/26/19
That really sucks. I have a couple of their (fine) barrels, and a 700 mountain rifle they rebarreled to 6.5x257AI. Excellent work. Hope they can come back.
Posted By: Gasman Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/26/19
Did anyone here have a rifle at Pac-Nor waiting to get rebarreled?
Posted By: eric1186 Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/26/19
Originally Posted by Gasman

I believe that to be the case according to a few posts here on the Fire,,,Bummer...
Posted By: jwall Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/27/19
Wow, sorry to read about this.
We don’t need to lose any of the firearms industry by attrition.
Hopefully insurance will resurrect him.

Good Luck

Jerry
Posted By: jwall Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/27/19
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
I got the same email. Good to see that they are going to rebuild

Fantastic ! ! ! !
Posted By: KevinLA Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/27/19
Terrible situation
Posted By: mart Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/27/19
Originally Posted by Gasman

Yes. I had two left handed Charles Daly mini Mausers there. Kathy emailed me this morning. They may be at the guy who does their cerakoting. She'll know Monday. I also had a Manson reamer there I had sent along for chambering one of the rifles. It's probably gone. She said if the rifles are destroyed I'll get a refund. Those lefty Daly actions are hard to find. Both of them were just actions in the white. It took me several years to find the four I have(had). Two of them PacNor barreled a few years ago for me. The other two we'll find out Monday.
Posted By: Gasman Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/27/19
Originally Posted by mart
[Two of them PacNor barreled a few years ago for me. The other two we'll find out Monday.

Ugh. I hope luck's on your side. I was planning on sending a rifle to them as soon as I got back from CO's 3rd rifle season, it's a good thing I waited.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/27/19
Bad deal for everyone involved.
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/28/19
This is from Pac-Nor's web page.

Important News From Pac-Nor

On October 23, 2019, Pac-Nor suffered a devastating fire at the barrel facility.

Fortunately there were no injuries and all the employees are safe. We are already working to rebuild the plant and get back to the business of making the finest precision barrels for our customers. It will take six months or more to have our full production capacity. Until then, we cannot take any orders on our website.

If you need to contact us, use our contact form HERE or call us at (541) 469-7330.

We thank all our great customers for their patience and understanding while we are working to rebuild our facility.

For more information, please contact us at: Email or call (541) 469-7330.
Posted By: pabucktail Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/28/19
Good for them. I hope building and equipping the new facility goes smoothly.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/28/19
Originally Posted by baldhunter
This is from Pac-Nor's web page.

Important News From Pac-Nor

On October 23, 2019, Pac-Nor suffered a devastating fire at the barrel facility.

Fortunately there were no injuries and all the employees are safe. We are already working to rebuild the plant and get back to the business of making the finest precision barrels for our customers. It will take six months or more to have our full production capacity. Until then, we cannot take any orders on our website.

If you need to contact us, use our contact form HERE or call us at (541) 469-7330.

We thank all our great customers for their patience and understanding while we are working to rebuild our facility.

For more information, please contact us at: Email or call (541) 469-7330.

That is great news!
Posted By: mart Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/29/19
I just heard from Kathy. Both my barreled actions were in the fire. They'll be working on a refund. I guess I'm looking for two left handed Charles Daly actions if anyone has one or two.
Posted By: sbhooper Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/29/19
Originally Posted by mart
I just heard from Kathy. Both my barreled actions were in the fire. They'll be working on a refund. I guess I'm looking for two left handed Charles Daly actions if anyone has one or two.

Damn! Hate to hear that, but what do you do?
Posted By: mart Re: Pac-Nor burns down! - 10/29/19
Nothing to do but start looking for replacements. I think what hurts the most is the 25-222 Copperhead was done and ready to ship a couple of weeks ago but I thought it would best to wait and have them ship both together since the 222 was almost done. Oh well. Life happens.
© 24hourcampfire