Home
Posted By: viking Scope a BLR for me - 11/08/19
I have a BLR in 30-06, I am thinking I want to scope it.

The criteria will be lightweight as not to throw the balance off to much, durable, maybe a max of 9x or even 7x, 1 inch
I was looking for a straight 4x, but it doesn’t look like a reputable manufacturer makes one anymore, I.e. Leupold, Burris Nikon. In the &200-400 range. Perhaps the 6x Leupold is the way to go?

What say the Fire lords.
Posted By: mogwai Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/08/19
I have a redfield revolution 2-7 on my 358 and think that size/magnification is a great balance for the gun. Variables in the 1-4 or 1.5-5 range are also good fits.
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/08/19

My 358 had a Burris 2-7 that was perfect for that rifle.
Posted By: viking Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/08/19
Have those RF been reliable?
Posted By: beretzs Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/08/19
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

Mines got the same one on it.
Posted By: hanco Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/08/19
I have 3.5x10 Leupolds on my Savage 99’s. They seem perfect to me.
Posted By: PA_Bob Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/08/19
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

Mines got the same one on it.

Ditto here.
Posted By: JPro Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/08/19
2-7 Redfield Revolution on my levergun also. Have had probably 8 Revolutions so far and no problems yet.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/08/19
How about that Leupold 6X? Light as it is a fixed power and a decent FOV. If not I may use a 1X clarifier or a Leupold 2.5X lightweight. I have both those and the 6X36 available. Just have to decide. Be well, RZ.
Posted By: 358win Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/08/19
I had a Leupold 2 x 7 on my 358. worked good.

The only reason I traded it was to simplify my reloading.

358win
Posted By: Fotis Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/08/19
Burris 2-7 or Leupold 2.5x8
Posted By: mogwai Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/08/19
Originally Posted by viking
Have those RF been reliable?

If RF means redfield, I have not problems with 2 in 5 years
Posted By: comerade Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/08/19
2 of my 3 are takedowns and have L.E.R scopes on them. A takedown is my first choice...might trade the other off on a laminate/ stainless takedown. Not much help for you but food for thought.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/09/19
I have had a pile of BLR's and I always mounted either a Leupold VX3 2.5-8x36 or a VX2 2-7x33, both scopes looked great mounted on a BLR and worked equally good 👍.....Good luck....Hb
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/09/19
2.5-8X36 is a good one I have on other rifles. Be Well, RZ.
Posted By: Jim_Knight Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/09/19
I put a 1.5x5 on my last .358 BLR. Now, my buddy out here, he is into "results", not efficiency! Many years back he put something like a 4x12x50 on his 1970 308 BLR! He likes the late evening light gathering ability, ha. It looks like a monkey on a coconut to me! Eewww.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/09/19
I have a BLR in 30-06, I am thinking I want to scope it.

The criteria will be lightweight as not to throw the balance off to much, durable, maybe a max of 9x or even 7x, 1 inch
I was looking for a straight 4x, but it doesn’t look like a reputable manufacturer makes one anymore, I.e. Leupold, Burris Nikon. In the &200-400 range. Perhaps the 6x Leupold is the way to go?

What say the Fire lords.

If you want a lightweight BLR, sell yours and buy a 308 and top if with a Leupold 1.5-5 on weaver bases and the lowest rings you can find.

The LAs are way too heavy.
Posted By: viking Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/09/19
Oh it’s not heavy, I just don’t want it to be top heavy so to speak. My BLR is the lighting model.
Posted By: yukon254 Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/09/19
One of my hunters gave me a BLR in 450 Marlin this year. He had put a Trijjicon 3x9 on it. Great scope but to big on that rifle for my liking so I put a Leopold 1.5 lightweight on it. Seems to fit the rifle well.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Scope a BLR for me - 11/09/19
Oh it’s not heavy, I just don’t want it to be top heavy so to speak. My BLR is the lighting model.

Right on ....... The older all steel long actions were quite big and lumbering. smile
© 24hourcampfire