Home
Posted By: dragoon7214 My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/10/19
I came up with something, but unfortunately the Ruger tell the CEO feature isn’t up right now. I’d like to see Ruger resurrect the 96 lever action, stretch it slightly and maintain the detachable rotary mag. Bring it out in .223, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC .300 Blackout or 7.62x39mm, .450 Bushmaster and maybe .350 Legend. I know that the BLR and various .30-30 levers cover this part of the market, but I’m sure I’m not the only guy who’d be interested in a handy mag fed carbine that would work from varmints to deer. Any thoughts?
Never happen. It ain’t plastic. 😜
The stock ergs on the 96 didn't work for me, so I wouldn't buy one even if they were chambered for a cartridge that I cared to own a lever gun in.
A run of stainless 44 magnum carbines is what they need to focus on IMO.
Posted By: 79S Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/10/19
A run of 300 H&H on a stretched 77. Stainless wood preferably..
Posted By: Jericho Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/10/19
I think a Ruger #1 blue/walnut carbine in 35 REM would be cool.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/10/19
I'd like to see a return of the M77 Mark II stainless with the shiny stainless finish
I could like the idea. Kinda a modern m99.
Originally Posted by 338rcm
I'd like to see a return of the M77 Mark II stainless with the shiny stainless finish

YEP!!!
Posted By: 338rcm Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/10/19
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

YEP!!!

And the Boat Paddle stock!
Originally Posted by 79S

This I'd buy , stainless with nice wood and twisted properly.
Posted By: 79S Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/10/19
Originally Posted by sidepass
Originally Posted by 79S

This I'd buy , stainless with nice wood and twisted properly.

They sell like hot cakes, also a 223 Wylde in a mkII with a 1-7 twist, with a mag box long enough to seat 88gr hornady to 2.420-2.430.
Posted By: Moses Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/10/19
A Ruger 1A or 1 RSI that started life as a 5 3/4-6 lbs rifle. I love the Number 1; just don't want the "heft" anymore. I weighed a Number 1 RSI .243= 9.2 lbs. Nope.
Originally Posted by Moses
A Ruger 1A or 1 RSI that started life as a 5 3/4-6 lbs rifle. I love the Number 1; just don't want the "heft" anymore. I weighed a Number 1 RSI .243= 9.2 lbs. Nope.

I've wondered if they would ever do a light-sporter or smaller contour stainless version with a carbon 2 piece stock for it. It would be an interesting piece if they would.
The American in some cool chamberings...... .257 Roberts, 7x57, .358 Win & .35 Whelen, 9.3x62,.... will never happen because the “standard” and popular chamberings cover the overlapping ballistics..

Todd
Posted By: JPro Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/10/19
A stainless version of the American Predator, in a lightened gray/black laminate with higher comb. AICS mags.
Originally Posted by dragoon7214
I came up with something, but unfortunately the Ruger tell the CEO feature isn’t up right now. I’d like to see Ruger resurrect the 96 lever action, stretch it slightly and maintain the detachable rotary mag. Bring it out in .223, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC .300 Blackout or 7.62x39mm, .450 Bushmaster and maybe .350 Legend. I know that the BLR and various .30-30 levers cover this part of the market, but I’m sure I’m not the only guy who’d be interested in a handy mag fed carbine that would work from varmints to deer. Any thoughts?

The American already pretty well covers that "niche". Those want to miss faster than they can with a bolt gun have ARs available for all those rounds.

I'd like to see them use the current slow market period to re-train and maybe re-tool to improve quality.

Henry makes a bunch of semi-oddball leverguns too. They're fugglier than Kathy Griffin and Robert DeNiro's love-child, but somebody's buying them.
How about a Hawkeye 77 with an oil finished walnut stock, ebony fore end, steel grip cap, steel bottom metal (without the Ruger logo), and polished bluing. Offer it with and without open sights. Along with the standard chamberings, chamber it in rounds like the 222 Rem, 220 Swift, 6mm Rem, 250 Savage, 257 Roberts, 6 X 55, and 7 X 57 to name a few. I’m sure they wouldn’t sell that well due to the popularity of ugly rifles, but I’d do my best to buy 3 or 4 before they stopped production.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/10/19
Originally Posted by 257Deland
How about a Hawkeye 77 with an oil finished walnut stock, ebony fore end, steel grip cap, steel bottom metal (without the Ruger logo), and polished bluing. Offer it with and without open sights. Along with the standard chamberings, chamber it in rounds like the 222 Rem, 220 Swift, 6mm Rem, 250 Savage, 257 Roberts, 6 X 55, and 7 X 57 to name a few. I’m sure they wouldn’t sell that well due to popularity of ugly rifles, but I do my best to buy 3 or 4 before they stopped production.

This.
Find ways to improve your guns.
Maybe try to properly chamber your handgun cylinders.
It is about time.

Look at the services offered by gunsmiths that
target your products. Try to fix those issues in production.
Posted By: tmitch Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/10/19
I don't have much faith in the "tell the CEO" program, it's more of a PR ploy. That said, I've been writing them regularly since the program started begging for a left hand rimfire.......77/22 or RAR........ and you can pretty much see how that's going.
A 96 in Bushmaster should kill as good on the back end as it would on the receiving end!
I suspect that all the suggestions go straight into the bit-bucket.

The good news is there's no environmental impact; the bits are recycled.
I'm sure they look at the requests but what most of you guys want is for Ruger to create a custom rifle just for you. The blue steel and walnut demographic is fading away quickly, concealed carry handguns, long range shooting and economy firearms are where the dollars are today. I seriously doubt that many folks wrote in and asked Ruger to please please please copy the Kel-Tec P3AT, yet that is a huge seller for Ruger. Look at the success of their alloy framed Wrangler .22, a budget priced revolver specifically aimed at the Heritage Rough Rider market. Then there is the Ruger Precision Rifle which is really nothing more than an American with a fancy stock and a better barrel that costs well over $1000 - I'm seeing a bunch of those at the range.

If you guys really want something special and old school it would be more productive to write Lipsey's. They are the ones keeping the No.1 alive, they are the ones who commissioned the African series of Model 77's with 24" barrel with open sights, barrel band sling swivel and ebony forend tip in classic .275 Rigby, 6.5x55 and 9.3x62 chamberings. They're also the ones who had Ruger chamber the mid-frame Anniversary Blackhawk in .44 Special.

Some years ago Ruger sent out an email survey asking specifically what we, the customers, would like to see Ruger produce. I asked for a 5 shot GP-100 in .44 Special and look what they made, so you can thank me for that one... wink
How dare you come on here and make perfect sense?

Even with sales down due to the Trump Effect, Ruger remains profitable. Kinda think they know the market. Actually, no one offers more variety in their chamberings IMO, especially when the special models are figured in.
The Hawkeye 77 in stainless now have an almost-bright shiny stainless again. So that desire is already taken care of.
Posted By: AKduck Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/10/19
I’d like a stainless M77 compact in 6.5 Grendel.
Posted By: Mathsr Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/10/19
Originally Posted by dragoon7214

If they put a walnut stock on it, I'd buy one! I'd love to have one in 6.8 SPC.
I’ll take a 96/44 .
Posted By: 338rcm Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/11/19
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
The Hawkeye 77 in stainless now have a almost-bright shiny stainless again. So that desire is already taken care of.

please show me where a stainless Hawkeye is available

https://www.ruger.com/products/Hawkeye/overview.html
Posted By: AKduck Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/11/19
https://ruger.com/products/HawkeyeHunter/specSheets/57107.html
Posted By: 338rcm Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/11/19

Thanks I have not seen those. Not really what I was hoping for though
I’ve sent several suggestions to Ruger’s “Ask the CEO”

The main one being for them to make a Ruger LCRX revolver with the 3” barrel and adjustable sights in .327 Federal Magnum caliber.
The perfect “kit gun” IMO.

I guarantee Ruger would sell every one they produced, if they did. They’d sell so many that they could afford to give me a consecutive serial number pair, if they’d only listen. 🤠

That one's close to perfect, especially with the 5R rifling, but the writing's kinda on the wall for me and deer guns, so I'll let it slide.

Nice touch, D&T for the rail instead of relying on a clamp-on.
Posted By: noKnees Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/11/19
Originally Posted by tmitch
I don't have much faith in the "tell the CEO" program, it's more of a PR ploy. That said, I've been writing them regularly since the program started begging for a left hand rimfire.......77/22 or RAR........ and you can pretty much see how that's going.

When they first had tell the CEO, I asked for allen action screws on the 77, a year later they had them. probably just a fluke.
A Deerfield semi and/or 96 in 357 maximum, throated right. I know: not enough interest in the max, but it’s better than the legend, and those will work with a rim. A <6# Hawkeye SA and mini (Grendel) would sell. I think a synthetic RSI would be abominably cool. LOL
Posted By: fburgtx Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/11/19
Simple stuff. Make a “Charger” out of the bolt action Ruger American Rimfire.

Ruger Wrangler with a 22 mag cylinder.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
The Hawkeye 77 in stainless now have a almost-bright shiny stainless again. So that desire is already taken care of.

please show me where a stainless Hawkeye is available

https://www.ruger.com/products/Hawkeye/overview.html

Pretty common on Gunbroker.

YEP!!!

YEP!!!! YEP!!!!
Posted By: cas6969 Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/12/19
Originally Posted by Moses
I weighed a Number 1 RSI .243= 9.2 lbs.

I'm shocked at this and never would have guessed it. I just happened to have my scale and rifle out when I read this. I'm surprised.

RSI in .243
[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

A .No.1 in 35 Rem with a lighter barrel would be neat. I've always wanted an RSI in 500 Linebaugh, but I'd never expect them to make that. lol
Originally Posted by DryPowder
A run of stainless 44 magnum carbines is what they need to focus on IMO.

+1
Originally Posted by Jericho
I think a Ruger #1 blue/walnut carbine in 35 REM would be cool.

This one, too...
Posted By: HCDH66 Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/12/19
I would like a Ruger American available in .25-06.
Posted By: Fotis Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/12/19

YEP!!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
sick grin
The world is ugly enough!!!!
Posted By: mathman Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/12/19
How about a Special Edition 77 with a clean 2.5 pound trigger and really good bedding right out of the box?
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/12/19
Originally Posted by mathman
How about a Special Edition 77 with a clean 2.5 pound trigger and really good bedding right out of the box?

too practical.
It would be nice if they brought back those basic stainless plastic stocked Hawkeyes.

They have so many other versions, why not stainless/synthetic. Might be cool too if they offered some with open sights. I’d love to have a stainless synthetic Hawkeye 338wm with open sights.

I know o could get something similar in the Alaskan models but that’s not quite the same.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/13/19
My idea is to sell the number one for a reasonable amount of money. It's a block of steel and a barrel and 2 pieces of wood. Why in the hell can i buy a higher end bolt rifle for the same money as the number one which has very little machining since it's cast?!
S/S RAR 20" 17 Whizzum laminate.

S/S RAR 20" Hornet laminate.

S/S 77 1-7" 223,wearing 2.6" COAL,D&T'd receiver at no more than 22" and laminate.

Hint......................
358win American compact
Originally Posted by Big Stick
S/S 77 1-7" 223,wearing 2.6" COAL,D&T'd receiver at no more than 22" and laminate.

Hint......................

Contour?
Posted By: Judman Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/13/19
Originally Posted by ringworm
358win American compact

Already happened, got one.
Originally Posted by mathman

Ruger does not want to deny you the opportunity of perfecting your own trigger grin
steel bottom metal (without the Ruger logo)
I'll settle for elimination of the screaming chicken on the floor plate if nothing else. And maybe a few limited runs of left-handed Model 77s throughout the year.
Posted By: 117LBS Re: My Ruger Tell the CEO idea - 11/14/19
Ruger American Hornet, 17 and a Khornet-esque 22 with a fast twist.
Originally Posted by Jackie_Treehorn
steel bottom metal (without the Ruger logo)
I'll settle for elimination of the screaming chicken on the floor plate if nothing else. And maybe a few limited runs of left-handed Model 77s throughout the year.

Not a fan of the logo on the floor plate either. Seems like it would be more prone to collecting dust and moisture => rust. My stainless M77 MKII has a nice plain floor plate.
Correcting the chamber mouth in cylinder guns. The #1 in a true lighter weight. The lever in 500 S&W/ 45 Colt. At least the 45 Colt. More of the 45 Colt chamber in different models. I would like a five shot carry model in a light DA gun. Lots of 22 K Hornet options. None of these will probably see the light of day. If they do I might find some discretionary funds. Sell the wife, kids, grands and great grands...… Be Well, Rustyzipper.
© 24hourcampfire