Home
Anybody tried these new LRX bullets in a 243Win? Thinking this would be a great bullet but Barnes says it needs an 8” twist where most 243’s are 10”.

Any ideas?

Elk Country
Trade your 243 for a 6mm Creedmoor, or re-barrel, according to the Berger stability calculator no bueno with a 9 twister
Try to beg a Fieldcraft from some dude in Cali ...
Barnes has factory ammo for the 6 CM with the 95 LRX. I am going to load some for my 243AI for the wife and kids to slay deer.
Calvin,

Love the 243AI by the way. Have a friend with a heavy barrel Ruger 77 in that caliber and I’ve watched him make prairie dogs disappear well over 500yds! I believe he uses the 58gr. V-Max. Impressive to say the least!

What twist is your rifle? Very interested in your results!

Elk Country
8. It will be a little bit before I get around to it.
Sounds like a great bullet for the .243, I sure like what I've seen this year with the LRX, so far I've killed with them in my 280 AI, 6.5 Cm and .270 win.
Talked with a Barnes rep. this morning and he said if the 95gr. LRX doesn't have an 8 twist, maybe, just maybe a 9 twist, there will be stabilization problems. No chance in a 10 twist. He explained their 85gr. TSX is on the edge for stabilizing in a 10 twist.

Bummer! I had high hopes for that bullet around 3100fps.

Guess I'll have to give either the 90gr. E-Tip or Accubond a try.

Elk Country
© 24hourcampfire