Home
Alright guys and gals I need help on which rifle to choose. A tikka t3x forest or a browning xbolt white gold medallion. The caliber is going to be a 243 or 7mm08. Who’s has had any experience with these rifles?
They both are probably good shooter but I personally have had good luck with the x bolts
My vote is for the Tikka!
Posted By: hotsoup Re: Need help on which rifle - 11/19/19
A bud of mine has an xbolt and it is a beautiful, accurate rifle. His is a 308 with some of the best looking wood a fellow could want. If you have held both, and one fit better than the other, I'd go with the one that seemed just right. Odds are they will both be good shooters.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Need help on which rifle - 11/19/19
You got it pretty narrowed down. I’d say at this point you just gotta fondle them both and see which one talks to you...

As for chambering I’d be tempted to split the difference and get a 6.5CM.

Someone had to say it.
i'm with 16 as in find a lgs that has both in stock so you can hold em and bond with em and see what you like the best. i'm a tikka nut so i'd recommend that one and i'd go 7mm-08 and shoot 120 ballistic tips if strictly deer hunting.
good luck,
Big Ed
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Need help on which rifle - 11/19/19
Just choose whichever one you like best......don't choose according to an internet poll.
Posted By: szihn Re: Need help on which rifle - 11/19/19
^
^
^
^
Just choose whichever one you like best......don't choose according to an internet poll.

That said............I'd take the X bolt
Posted By: Travis13 Re: Need help on which rifle - 11/19/19
Brownings come with a complimentary Browning logo tribal tattoo and an oversized truck back glass decal!! I think the Browning is the better rifle, but I’m just an old/young redneck Tennessee hunter.
Posted By: AKduck Re: Need help on which rifle - 11/19/19
Both will shoot well. As 16 said it comes down to which one talks to you. Good problem to have.
Posted By: Oakster Re: Need help on which rifle - 11/19/19
big Tikka fan. I love them. I also like Browning rifles. To me, Browning rifles have nice wood, function well, are accurate and fit and finish is excellent. Tikka rifles are light, well built and very accurate. I would buy one of each! Tikka should be cheaper and will provide great results. The X-bolt, in wood, is nicer to look at and will also provide great results at a higher cost
Buy both. wink
© 24hourcampfire