Home
Posted By: hanco Sako recoil pad - 11/24/19
I have a Sako with the worst recoil pad I’ve ever seen. This rifle is kinda cool, because it’s serial # 8.

Will I hurt the value of it to change the recoil pad? I found one that says Sako. It supposed to be a factory Sako pad.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Sako recoil pad - 11/24/19
I’d put the new pad on. If your replacement is not a genuine Sako pad...correct for that rifle, please know that customshopinc.com sells them.
Posted By: Bill_N Re: Sako recoil pad - 11/24/19
The Pachmayr F325 is very close in appearance and a much better pad than the original. Much less $ than Custom Shop gets for the Sako pads as well. If the gun isn't a collector quality rifle I'd run with that.
Posted By: EIB0879 Re: Sako recoil pad - 11/24/19
My L691 has a solid rubber pad that really has no give after 25 years. I wear a PAST field shield when I shoot it on the range.
Posted By: hanco Re: Sako recoil pad - 11/24/19
Originally Posted by Godogs57
I’d put the new pad on. If your replacement is not a genuine Sako pad...correct for that rifle, please know that customshopinc.com sells them.

The pic I posted is a customshopinc pad. My pics I’m posting through Postimage aren’t very clear.
Posted By: Greatlaker Re: Sako recoil pad - 11/24/19
If it were me I’d switch out the pad but keep the old one in case you ever want to sell it. Serial # 8??
Posted By: hanco Re: Sako recoil pad - 11/25/19
Originally Posted by flinger88
If it were me I’d switch out the pad but keep the old one in case you ever want to sell it. Serial # 8??

Yes, the eighth one made! I have number 53 also.
© 24hourcampfire