Home
Any of you guys running the Yo Dave trigger spring in your Tikka? The stock screw is backed out all the way and hitting the Hex screw. Just trying to get a little lighter pull.
Originally Posted by SDupontJr
Any of you guys running the Yo Dave trigger spring in your Tikka? The stock screw is backed out all the way and hitting the Hex screw. Just trying to get a little lighter pull.

I have known of people that mark the spot the screw is hitting , remove the trigger mounting screw and dremel the area a little. 2lbs is not an issue.
I used the Yo Dave when I had my Tikka and it took the pull weight down to 1.5 lb
I’ve got the YO Dave springs in a few Tikkas and CZs. Been happy with all of them.
And at 7-10 bucks it nothing. I also read that I could modify the existing setscrew, but would rather not and just replace the spring. I like a lite trigger, but my boys on the other hand, I wouldn't want them with it until they get use to it. They both have their own Rem 700's. Can it be adjusted upward as well? Say close to the 2 lbs of the stock spring?
Originally Posted by barm
I used the Yo Dave when I had my Tikka and it took the pull weight down to 1.5 lb

my exact results with yo dave and passed the "drop test". but............. and there is always a but, consider elay precision tikka t3/t3x trigger spring. Brian from elay precision is a stand up guy and the trigger springs took my (2) tikka t3x superlites to 1lb10oz and 1lb12oz and crisp and also passed the "drop test". so, what i'm saying is there is nothing wrong with yo dave and i've had great results. i'm just saying to me the elay precision spring are equal value and quality but with no 1 month wait or big shipping charges.
good luck,
Big Ed
Originally Posted by whitearrow

my exact results with yo dave and passed the "drop test". but............. and there is always a but, consider elay precision tikka t3/t3x trigger spring. Brian from elay precision is a stand up guy and the trigger springs took my (2) tikka t3x superlites to 1lb10oz and 1lb12oz and crisp and also passed the "drop test". so, what i'm saying is there is nothing wrong with yo dave and i've had great results. i'm just saying to me the elay precision spring are equal value and quality but with no 1 month wait or big shipping charges.
good luck,
Big Ed

Didn't know after market springs existed. Thanks for the tip about Elay. Ordered a 3 pack for $24.95
Well timed thread. I was looking to replace the trigger spring on one of my Tikkas but only knew of the MCARBO ones FROM THE GUY WHO DRINKS SIX RED BULLS BEFORE DOING THE INSTALLATION VIDEOS!!!! wink

Elay's price is three bucks less per unit and that three pack looks mighty well priced as well.

Thanks for the heads up on these.
i don't think y'all will be disappointed in elay precision springs. if you have an issue with shipping or whatever email brian. my spring 3 pack apparently got lost in the mail so he sent me another 3 pack free. i later got the original 3 pack and sent him an email saying so and asked to pay for the replacement 3 pack of tikka springs he sent me but he declined and said buy some more tikkas and use the springs as a gift from elay precision.
good luck men,
Big Ed

good luck,
Big Ed

thanks alot. never heard of them. I'll look into them as well.
Mountain Tactical (www.tikkaperformance.com) also sells trigger springs. I have one in mine and it is very consistent at 28 oz.
Last YoDave order took 6 days total to arrive to me in Texas
Got my three pack of Elay springs yesterday and installed them in three Tikka T3x's a few minutes ago, two T3x Lites and a .223 Varmint model.

Ho-lee McGillicutty! Dat's some nice trigger pulls. All three triggers were right at 2 3/4 lbs with the factory spring and weight screw all the way out. The Elay springs reduced all three to 1 1/4 lbs with the set screw out all the way. I tightened that up some on the Lite's since that's too light but left it at minimum weight on the Varmint model that's used from a bench or solid position only.

I suspect any of the brands mentioned here would do the job well but overall these reduced weight springs took a great trigger pull and made it even better.
Originally Posted by Darryle
Last YoDave order took 6 days total to arrive to me in Texas

NOT my experience with yodave shipping in the least. mine took upwards of a month to get down south to MS from canada i believe is where yodave is located. he musta stepped up the shipping as that was my only ding with em. the springs themselves were equal to elay precision.
Big Ed
I’ve 4 of the mountain tactical springs. No complaints and would buy again.
I ordered the elay spring on the 4th and hasnt come in yet. No shipping info on the site. How long do they normally take to come in?
I ordered the elay spring on the 4th and hasnt come in yet. No shipping info on the site. How long do they normally take to come in?

Mine took about 2 weeks.
I ordered mine at 9:45 in the morning and they arrived that afternoon...

Naaahh, not really. My first post above is Tuesday 11/26 and I think I ordered a three pack on line that night, they arrived in the mail on Saturday 11/30 so four days later.

I actually had to call and they shipped another package so I ended up with two packages....lol
I have used the Yo Dave kits on a CZ 22LR, but really felt no need for one on a Tikka Centerfire. The triggers are good out of the box for a hunting rifle. Not sure which Tikka model you are asking about.
I have a t3 lite. I adjusted about all I can get out of it but wanted to get a little more.
I have a t3 lite. I adjusted about all I can get out of it but wanted to get a little more.

shoot brian an email he is good people. he sent me another set for free and then about a week later my original set came in.
Big Ed

shoot brian an email he is good people. he sent me another set for free and then about a week later my original set came in.
Big Ed

I did yesterday morn and no reply yet. I'll wait till the end of the week and then if nothing, I'll contact him again. I'm not a guy that just keeps pestering a person. He could be tied up or back logged. Payment went through so well see.

Big Ed

I did yesterday morn and no reply yet. I'll wait till the end of the week and then if nothing, I'll contact him again. I'm not a guy that just keeps pestering a person. He could be tied up or back logged. Payment went through so well see.

i know its easy for me to say but don't worry about ya money i'm telling you brian is good folk. he took care of me when mine didn't show up in a timely manner.
Big Ed
Ignore, my mistake
finally arrived today. He did email me back, production was a little behind. Anyway, I'll install tomorrow and see how it does.
I couldn't wait. Haha, installed the elay spring and WOW. Huge difference. I actually set it as low as it could go where the set screw hits the mounting screw head and its fantastic. Did several bump test, actually hitting it on butt pad pretty damn hard and nothing. Even placed on safety and repeated bump test. Nothing. Time will tell on the range and in the field, but first tests are very promising.
© 24hourcampfire