Home
Posted By: Sakoluvr Rem 700 BDL Varmint in 7-08 - 12/11/19
Can anyone give me the low down on these rifles? I found one in really nice condition. It has a 24" heavy barrel. Walnut stock with that skip line checkering that Rem used.

I would use this as a range toy and a little field hunting. Don't need it, just always wanted a varmint special. The 7-08 really trips my trigger though.
Get it if the price is right. I missed one a few years ago and I still regret it. Neat old school rifle.
What is a fair price range for one in great condition? No blue wear and a couple of very light stock "dents".
That's hard for me, I'm sort of sentimental toward them. I'd probably pay too much if it was close to cherry.
I’ve seen them pushing $1k for nice 243’s, being the 7/08 is more of a rare bird it could be more.
Yup. Seems like the 7-08 is the hardest one to find.
That’s the only caliber I have not owned one in.
I have seen two or three over the years and they all had the barrel shortened to 20 or 22 inches.
Were these rifles factory bedded? Were the barrels free floated? I never had my hands on one
Posted By: drover Re: Rem 700 BDL Varmint in 7-08 - 12/12/19
Be sure to take a good look at the rifling, the 7/08 was the favorite of High-power Metallic Silhouette shooters and most of them were shot a lot.
I personally shot the barrels out of three of them then traded them for another one since it was cheaper to do that then have them re-barreled.

drover
This one does not look like it was used much at all. The jeweling on the bolt looks new, no wear at all. Decided to get it. Its not a local gun.
© 24hourcampfire