[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: kingston Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/12/19

Posted By: irfubar Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/12/19
That thing is sweet Kingston, love that stock... hey do you live in honest Abe's log cabin?
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/12/19
Sweet!
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/12/19
Good looking stock and rifle!
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/13/19
So THAT’S where my adl went!
wink
Very nice. Looks like I get to call them again tomorrow. Thanks for the motivation ...
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/13/19
That does look like a pretty slick combo, what caliber is that one?? I've got a 1st Gen Ti that would look great set up just like that one smile Now if I could only get my hands on a Manners Ultra Classic and find that scope!
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/13/19
Damn! That's sweet! 17 oz stock?? That's crazy. Very nice rig.
Posted By: kingston Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/13/19
The one above is chambered in 7mm-08.

I ordered two UC’s from the SHOT Show floor. They arrived in September. The one for this rifle needed a tiny bit of fitting. I sent it back to Manners along with the barreled action and they fitted and bedded it for me. If you can send them a barreled action, I highly recommend it.

These stocks are really well made. They’re super light and super strong. Even with the forearm all hogged out, there’s no flex. I thought the comb might have a bit too much drop, but the raised cheekpiece is perfect.

The second stock is inletted for a Mack Bros Evo, APA DBM, and Bartlein #2. It’s probably going to be a 2CM or maybe a 22GT.

I’m going to send them a custom 7mm-08 built on a Model Seven next. It will be spectacular in a UC.

Top to bottom:
Model Seven KS (Brown)
UC
First Gen Ti

Posted By: irfubar Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/13/19
Ok, so is that Daniel Boones cabin? Davy Crockett? come on Kingston, inquiring minds want to know... smile
Originally Posted by irfubar
Ok, so is that Daniel Boones cabin? Davy Crockett? come on Kingston, inquiring minds want to know... smile

That’s the PA hunting camp. Boone and Crockett didn’t have a Meile Dishwasher.
Originally Posted by kingston

Brother Kingston, you need a life coach to assist you with your internet persona....... I would recommend Flave, but he gone......
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/13/19
Pimp.
Posted By: SLM Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/13/19
I like that.
Posted By: joelkdouglas Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/13/19
Beauty, thanks for posting! I just ordered a UC a couple days ago, I have some wait ahead.

What’s your trigger guard?
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/13/19
Dang that is nice
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/13/19
Great looking stock. Be interesting to see it next to a McM Compact/Hunters Edge. Aside the cheekpiece and some weight, they look very similar.

Brother Kingston, you need a life coach to assist you with your internet persona....... I would recommend Flave, but he gone......

The Meile dishwasher is a hand me down. It’s missing the original knob, which is it’s singular control interface. I made a replacement from an old Bakelite electronics knob, but have yet sort out timing it with the expansive cycle menu.

I prefer hand washing, but the old timers are hooked on the machine. It was a sad day when the old KitchenAid died.
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
Beauty, thanks for posting! I just ordered a UC a couple days ago, I have some wait ahead.

What’s your trigger guard?

That’s the factory trigger guard.

The Meile dishwasher is a hand me down. It’s missing the original knob, which is it’s singular control interface. I made a replacement from an old Bakelite electronics knob, but have yet sort out timing it with the expansive cycle menu.

I prefer hand washing, but the old timers are hooked on the machine. It was a sad day when the old KitchenAid died.

Washing dishes is for women folk.... get a grip man... smile
I will send over a "dishwasher"

This is the internet , you can be all you can be.... hahahahaha
I will send over a "dishwasher"

This is the internet , you can be all you can be.... hahahahaha

She’s all forks.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/13/19
Might just be the Holy Grail right there - 7MM-08 and that stock.
And you only have yourself to please, I like the Talleys myself instead of the rail.
Posted By: Higginez Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/13/19
Very nice!
And you only have yourself to please, I like the Talleys myself instead of the rail.

That’s a NOS Swarovski Habicht Nova 6x42mm with a 26mm tube.
Originally Posted by 257heaven

That’s what I saw. Wasn’t sure if I read it right.
Posted By: TX35W Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/13/19
Boing!! Amazing. Question--How wide is the fore-end on that thing? I've got a bunch of manners stocks and one thing I like is some wide grippy fore-end styles. Is that one pretty narrow? Possible to post another pic with a top view? I'm ready to order one, just worried it's gonna be tad bit skinny up front (Obviously it's also 17 oz, but...)
That is a great looking rig.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by 257heaven

That’s what I saw. Wasn’t sure if I read it right.

Yes, 17.4 oz.
Originally Posted by TX35W
Boing!! Amazing. Question--How wide is the fore-end on that thing? I've got a bunch of manners stocks and one thing I like is some wide grippy fore-end styles. Is that one pretty narrow? Possible to post another pic with a top view? I'm ready to order one, just worried it's gonna be tad bit skinny up front (Obviously it's also 17 oz, but...)

I’ll take some pics this weekend, but here are a few from SHOT.

Posted By: 257heaven Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/13/19
Does yours have pillars at 17 oz??
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/13/19

Coveting thy pards rifle isn’t biblical...Stealing it would be, wrong? 🤷🏽‍♀️😎

Sweet! And they might not be Talleys either, the scope base in your second picture looks like a Talley Signature base but the rings look like other. I’m not sure Talley makes 26mm rings, I’ve not inquired because never had a reason. All I meant was your first pictures had a rail+rings and the second looks like Talleys.

I think the Talley split ring setup looks great on a classic rifle. Not to say the rail doesn’t work fine.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/14/19
Mines inlet for APA RTG DBM. With loose pillars, screws and plastic wrap:

Posted By: kingston Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/14/19
Just in time for Christmas!
Posted By: gunnut308 Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/14/19
Damn those are nice gentlemen!
Posted By: Wrangler13 Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/14/19
Will it take a bart 2b?
Posted By: kingston Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/14/19
Yes
Posted By: TX35W Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/14/19
Thanks for the stock pics. How does the fore-end width of the Brown compare? Is the Brown a bit fatter up front? How much heavier is the Brown?

I think I'll order a UC anyway, but was considering a Brown as well.
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/22/19
Awesome. Tagging this for future reference
Posted By: OttoG Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/22/19

Sweet! And they might not be Talleys either, the scope base in your second picture looks like a Talley Signature base but the rings look like other. I’m not sure Talley makes 26mm rings, I’ve not inquired because never had a reason. All I meant was your first pictures had a rail+rings and the second looks like Talleys.

I think the Talley split ring setup looks great on a classic rifle. Not to say the rail doesn’t work fine.

Really nice set up. The Nova looks like the quite rare alloy version? Have the lenses got that green tint many get?

Rings looked like Warne Premier to me - they don't make em like that anymore!
Posted By: kingston Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 12/25/19
It is an alloy version. The rings and bases are Talley. The lenses might have a slight cast to them. I’m not sure it’s green, maybe greenish\yellowish\brownish.
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 06/26/20
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Mines inlet for APA RTG DBM. With loose pillars, screws and plastic wrap:

Took delivery of mine today (finally). 18.6oz including pillars. Inlet for a Model Seven action with factory bottom metal and Bartlein 2b.

Ordering and getting it in hand was an adventure. Couple days short of 9 mos. multiple calls to people who said “it should be done by now, let me check on it and get back to you” only for them to not follow up. This went on for a couple of months. Finally was told it would be finished in 5-10 days. 21 days after that I called and emailed Tom Manners and 10 days later I finally had it in my hands

I did not spend a lot of time with it as it immediately was boxed up with other parts to send off for a build but it seemed like a nice stock.

The bottom metal inlet seemed a little off - mag box fit was very tight and I could not get bottom metal to fit well enough to ship it with the action bolted into the stock, but I will let gunsmith deal with that

Barrel inlet also seemed a little off but not enough to go thru the brain damage of sending it back. Expecting some odd gaps/spacing on the barrel channel when I get the build but hopefully it won’t be too bad

This will be a short-ish 6.5 Saum which should finish right at 7lbs scoped
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: Manners Ultra Classic - 06/27/20
Those are quite a few hoops to jump through. Beautiful stock, but I think I’ll pass on the manners circus.
© 24hourcampfire