Home
Posted By: Trigger06 Silent Sling Swivel? - 12/17/19
Is there a nice and strong but silent sling swivel out there? I'm tired of the no-name swivels that I've got constantly squeaking on my rifle.
Posted By: memtb Re: Silent Sling Swivel? - 12/17/19

I usually start the season with a “squeaker”! A little dab of grease and “Silence is Golden”! memtb
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Silent Sling Swivel? - 12/17/19
Quake Hush Stalkers are quiet. But I have not worked them hard, so I don't know how they would hold up long term.
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: Silent Sling Swivel? - 12/17/19
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Quake Hush Stalkers are quiet. But I have not worked them hard, so I don't know how they would hold up long term.

They're not quiet after a good bit of use. Mine start clicking after a while. I've gone back to plain UMs unless someone comes out with something better.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Silent Sling Swivel? - 12/17/19
Brutes are pretty good
Posted By: Blacktailer Re: Silent Sling Swivel? - 12/18/19
If you have QD swivels like Uncle Mikes get an O-ring that fits over the stud.
Posted By: whitearrow Re: Silent Sling Swivel? - 12/18/19
somebody told me that Grovtec swivels are the schitt as they are a direct copy of the uncle mike pattern but made in the usa and all metal whereas unclemikes uses plastic on the threaded collar that pretects the pushpin used to unlatch the swivel. i personally like the old school uncle mikes swivels before they did the threaded pushpin protector and you could just push the pin without having to thread in or out the protector. mine that have this feature usually are threaded out when i look at them anyway.
Big Ed
Posted By: snowchaser61 Re: Silent Sling Swivel? - 12/19/19
Put a drop of oil on the pin and wrap them with electrical tape. No more noise
© 24hourcampfire