Home
All:

Anyone got the full scoop on these? I didn’t know they even existed until I seen one for sale in the classifieds. The Classic series is my favorite model of all the wood stocked 700s. I got my son one in 250 Savage (blued) and he killed two bucks with it this year.

Did they ever make a stainless Classic in 250 Savage?

RAS
Not that I am aware of, but I quit paying close attention quite a while ago when they became ratther redundant.................might be a special run.

Call Remington.

MM
There was another one for sale in the classifieds several years ago. When that one was posted the same questions came up and from what I can remember they did a special run of these for one of the big gun shops, sort of like the Mtn Guide rifles they did for Gander Mtn and Cabelas. Seems like they came out early or mid 1990's. They had the same stock as the yearly "Classic" rifles that they did every year in a different caliber, but these where stainless. Someone hopefully knows more??
Never saw a Classic as defined by Remington Classics that were made for several years, a different chambering each year, except the first couple years when they made the 30-06, 270, 243, and maybe a couple more.

I like 'em!

g
Originally Posted by RAS
Did they ever make a stainless Classic in 250 Savage?

I had one in 257 Roberts for a time. It was very nice but heavier than I wanted so it went down the road.
© 24hourcampfire