Posted By: shinbone Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/03/20
[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Or is that "man liquor"?

I never could spell.
Posted By: sharps4590 Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/03/20
Except that the rifle is a Mauser in a stutzen stock, not a Mannlicher. 'Course, nearly everyone who sees a full stock calls them a Mannlicher ever since the 1903 Mannlicher/Schoenauer, even though they aren't. Nice rifle, excellent cartridge!!
It's surprisingly handy with that 20" barrel.
Posted By: roninflag Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/03/20
I like them. if I knew how to post a picture. I could show you a sako 30-06 with an arctic wolf.
Posted By: sharps4590 Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/04/20
Yes they are handy shinbone!! I have two Mannlicher/Schoenauers, a 1903 in 6.5 X 54 and a 1908 in 8 X 56 and both are....simply a delight to carry and use. Both their barrels are even shorter than yours but, I don't know if I'd want any less in a 270. The two Mannlicher cartridges are pretty mild by comparison.

Yours appears that the fore stock wood is well done!! So many leave enough wood in the fore arm to have made a baseball bat. My stutzen stocked CZ, 22LR is like that. Pretty from a distance but enough wood in the forearm to use for a baseball bat.
I clicked into this thread with zero knowledge of what a Mannlicher was. Thanks for the needed context. Also, nice rifle!
Bear in mind that is a 98 type action. Mannlicher action is different with a split rear action ring and has butter smooth bolt operation.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/04/20
The title of this thread almost kept me from clicking into it....
Posted By: dan_oz Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/04/20
Those are some really nicely-focused close-ups. Far from flattering though.

BTW mannlicher literally means "masculine" or "manly" in German.
Posted By: z1r Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/04/20
Nice carbine. I picked up one just like it 'ceptin it was chambered in 7x57, NIB. Imagine that, a forty year old unfired carbine. What I gave for mine was shameful! Enjoy!
Posted By: longshot3 Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/04/20
I have a Steyr Mannlicher in 243 Win. I'll post photos sometime tomorrow. Not sure how to properly identify it, but it's a beauty. Heading out to my boys wrestling tournament now.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/04/20
I remember selling those Mark X’s back in the late 70’s/ early 80’s!

My old pard had a rifle I lusted for when we were kids. Sako Vixen .222 Rem with mannlicher stock.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/04/20
I clicked on page two just to read your post KW! eek shocked ; ]

Got its brother in .30/06

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
HBB, I always like them like yours in ought six! Thought they would be perfect all around rifle! 😉.

Gunner! Dunno why? Hell I dunno nuthin’! And I can prove it!!! 😉
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
HBB, I always like them like yours in ought six! Thought they would be perfect all around rifle! 😉.

I still need to scope it and get a trigger job done. They are really slick guns.
Posted By: erich Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/04/20
I had the twin to that in 270 and it was superbly accurate. I killed a truck load of deer with it and it got sold to a fellow that does deer control in WI.

I too have a full stock Vixen in 222 Rem and it is one of my favorite coyote rifles.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/923/BH8AGG.jpg
Posted By: gunner500 Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/04/20

No, I jumped to page two because of the thread title, I figured after you wagering in it was safe! laugh
🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: shinbone Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/04/20
I remember selling those Mark X’s back in the late 70’s/ early 80’s!

In the early 2000's, I lived just a couple blocks from the old Interarms Alexandria warehouse on the Potomic River. The business had shut down by then, but the warehouse still stood and appeared mostly empty and unused. I walked past the building a few times before I realized what it was. I wouldn't be surprised if there were still a few old gun crates, now holding only dust, kicking around in there. I even used the gunsmith that was in that building at that time. Not sure if that gunsmith ever had any connection to the Interarms business, but I bet he did.

While there were other sexier rifles on the market, I think the Mark X rifles were really good for what they were, and were a very good deal. My pictured Mark X Full Stock model is a very well made controlled round feed rifle. Nothing fancy, just a very good design that is well made at a very fair price.

The gun designer Ferdinand Mannlicher working through Steyr-Mannlicher and, later, with Otto Shoenaur, made the full stock style popular, and thus such stocks are sometimes generically referred to as "Mannlichers", much the same that blue jeans are sometimes called "Levis." Mannlicher's primary contributions to rifle technology were new breeching and magazine designs. Such design are now obsolete, but, and, despite not inventing it, the full stock pattern remains associated with his name to this day. If you do a search on Gunbroker with the term "full stock", you will get hardly any hits on such rifles. If you do a search with "mannlicher" you will get a 100's of hits showing full stock rifles of many brands, with the most common being the well-regarded Mannlicher-Shoenaur rifle with full stock.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Mannlicher
Originally Posted by erich
I had the twin to that in 270 and it was superbly accurate. I killed a truck load of deer with it and it got sold to a fellow that does deer control in WI.

I too have a full stock Vixen in 222 Rem and it is one of my favorite coyote rifles.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/923/BH8AGG.jpg

That’s it erich!!!! Thanks!!!
Posted By: Mikewriter Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/04/20
I have a Winchester Model 70 .30-06 with an 18" barrel in a Mannlicher stock! Was a factory option (this one is a 1970's model, I think). Very handy rifle, accurate - and of course looks VERY GOOD! Does have a bit more recoil from the short barrel than my pre-64 Model 70 .30-06, though.

Mike Holmes
Posted By: sharps4590 Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/04/20
Arthur Savage also used a rotary magazine in his '95, 1899 and 99 Savage. I don't believe Savage or Schoenauer copied one or the other. Rather that it was a case of parallel development. As shinbone said, the rotary mag is considered obsolete today but, honestly, for the life of me I don't know why. In a sporting, bolt action rifle it's as useful and fully as good as a box magazine...and definitely smoother in operation. Personally, I'm quite fond of the set triggers used on most of the early M/S rifles and those built after WWII until the mid/late 50's.

My first 375 H&H was in an Interarms bolt rifle. They are about as pure a '98 Mauser as can be had without actually saying Mauser. Consequently, yes, they are fine rifles. I no longer have the Interarms 375 H&H but it's been replaced by a bunch of German pre-WWI and between the wars Mausers. Both 98 and 96. Gotta love 'em!!
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/04/20
I recently bought this Mark X 270. It has the double set triggers and the spoon handle bolt. I'm in the process of installing a Timney trigger. I have a Mannlicher MC carbine chambered for the 7x57 too.

Posted By: Joe Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/04/20
Fond of Mannlicher's myself:

But my favorite Stutzen is this one:

Posted By: moosemike Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/04/20
Creedmorons like man lickers too.
Posted By: Region6 Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/04/20
I have one chambered in 7x57 it’s a shooter
Posted By: rockchucker Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/05/20
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

cz brno 22f 8x57
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/05/20
I have a couple 'o those. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: z1r Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/05/20
Yeah, my Husqvarna is one of my favorite Full Stocked rifles as well.

It gets the most use anyway.

Though, I kinda like this one:

Posted By: rem141r Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/05/20
i've had a 77rsi in 308 for many years. i love the way it looks, feels and handles. first shot out of a cold barrel is dead on. from there on out, it starts to string them. never really troubleshot it but someday, i'd like to figure out what needs done. never needed more than one shot with that gun anyway.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/07/20
I like my 9X56 about the best of all. But I have a couple that might be 358 Winchesters one day. A Ruger tanger in 308 and a 243 Mark X single trigger. Much easier to get ammo in 358 Winchester than 9x56. But neither of those are as classy as an 05 Steyr. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/07/20
Need to scope this up someday.

Posted By: shinbone Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/07/20
Originally Posted by 1911a1

That is a beautiful rifle! Care to share any info about it?
Posted By: sqweeler Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/07/20
9.5x56, 6.5x54, 250-3000 & 244Rem [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: utah708 Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/08/20
Lefty Mauser in 7x57 with a maple stock

[Linked Image]

(Can't get a direct post to work tonight, but one click won't kill you.)
Posted By: ldholton Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/08/20
Originally Posted by moosemike
Creedmorons like man lickers too.

I know what you did there
Posted By: 5thShock Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/08/20
Lefty Mauser. Well worth the tremendous effort required to click, the more you look at it the wilder it gets.
Posted By: 06hunter59 Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/08/20
I have a Model 72 Steyr Mannlicher 30-06 that is my go to rifle. Deadly accurate, beautiful gun fast handling 20" barrel. I bought it used almost 40 years ago and love it!
I also have a Remington Model 721 30-06 with a custom Maple Full Stock with a Schnabel end. My Dad made the stock in the early 60's it was his go to rifle, and now I've been known to take it out occasionally.
My other is a Steyr 1956 Mannlicher Schonauer 257 Roberts. Action is slick as snot on a door knob!
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/08/20
Originally Posted by shinbone

That is a beautiful rifle! Care to share any info about it?

The rifle is a 270 pre 64 model 70. The factory barrel was shortened to 20" and recontoured. I had the front sight added.

I started a thread on here about converting a pre 64 featherweight to a full stock rifle and a member here directed me to this rifle for sale in Colorado. It has a few scars from being hunted with.
Posted By: shinbone Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/08/20
Winchester did make a few M70 with full stocks in the early '70's, but they were pushfeed models. I know it is not factory, but a CRF M70 with a full stock would just about be ideal. And, it looks like your conversion was really well done. Any idea who did the work?

Can you provide a link to the thread you mentioned?
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/09/20
Originally Posted by shinbone
Winchester did make a few M70 with full stocks in the early '70's, but they were pushfeed models. I know it is not factory, but a CRF M70 with a full stock would just about be ideal. And, it looks like your conversion was really well done. Any idea who did the work?

Can you provide a link to the thread you mentioned?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...uilding-a-full-stock-pre-64#Post11315130
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/09/20
I have a matched pair of that same style of Interarms Mark Xs, a factory specs 7x57 and rebarreled 9.3x62 thanks to our friends at Lothar Walther.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/09/20
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I have a matched pair of that same style of Interarms Mark Xs, a factory specs 7x57 and rebarreled 9.3x62 thanks to our friends at Lothar Walther.

Nice set of calibers.
Posted By: weagle Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/09/20
Brno 22f 8x57 is my favorite deer rifle:

Posted By: shinbone Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/09/20
@ weagle: Nice!!
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/09/20
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Nice set of calibers.

They are my "if I ever get back to Africa" rifles.
Posted By: roninflag Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/10/20
1911a1- I like that one!
Posted By: Hook Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/11/20
Originally Posted by weagle
Brno 22f 8x57 is my favorite deer rifle:

Love it!
Posted By: d500lnn Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/11/20
This thread scared me a little. Here is my little mannlicher Rifle.

Link to M7 https://imgur.com/a/xq4tEa8
Posted By: Hook Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/11/20
Originally Posted by d500lnn

It should inspire you to greater heights....

Very nice M7 FS....
Posted By: d500lnn Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/11/20
Originally Posted by Hook
Originally Posted by d500lnn

It should inspire you to greater heights....

Very nice M7 FS....

Haha, not to see them or buy them. Just the title. That is a fantastic line up of rifles you have there!
Posted By: geedubya Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/11/20
a few full stocked rifles..........

[Linked Image from i38.photobucket.com]

ya!

GWB
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/12/20
Hook and Geedubya you guys have a great selection of F/S rifles. I now have to wipe off the keyboard. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: Muffin Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/12/20
Another NON mannlicher, but fully stocked....

Posted By: roninflag Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/13/20
Sako 30-06 (3 lug) and an Arctic wolf

Attached picture roninflag Wolf.jpg
My brother Mark with an H and R / sako mannlicher .308 and a bear

Attached picture thumbnail_IMG_2033[1].jpg
pre Garcia sako .222 and a coyote

Attached picture thumbnail_IMG_0872[1].jpg
the wife and I calling for mountain lions in the Pajarita wilderness. Coyote and a .270 sako/H and R mannlicher .270

Attached picture thumbnail_IMG_1899[1].jpg
Posted By: roninflag Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/17/20
here is a pic of the 30-06. 3-9 swaro on it.

Attached picture thumbnail_image[1].jpg
Posted By: 160user Re: man lickers turn me on - 01/23/20
All these beautiful rifles and there isn't a single stainless steel, walnut K-RSI on here? I wish I knew how to post pictures. My little 7x57 is not only cute but shoots quite well too. Or it did 10 years ago when I last shot it.
Posted By: MS9x56 Re: man lickers turn me on - 04/15/20
Rusty,I also favor stutzen stocks. I have a mannlicher 1905 ,9x56, a Ruger 77RSI in 250-3000 savage and a CZ550FS in 9.3x62. Hard to pick between them so I rotate them.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: man lickers turn me on - 04/15/20
Originally Posted by roninflag
Sako 30-06 (3 lug) and an Arctic wolf

Ronin, did you have the wolf mounted? Rug?
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: man lickers turn me on - 04/15/20
My two mannlichers. One on top is a 1950 Stutzen 30/06 with Leupold 1-4 compact. One on bottom is 1952 30/06 with German AKAH mount and Nickels and Marburg Scope.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: PJGunner Re: man lickers turn me on - 04/15/20
Originally Posted by rem141r
i've had a 77rsi in 308 for many years. i love the way it looks, feels and handles. first shot out of a cold barrel is dead on. from there on out, it starts to string them. never really troubleshot it but someday, i'd like to figure out what needs done. never needed more than one shot with that gun anyway.

I have three tanger RSIs in 308 Win. Got into them cheap because their previous owners couldn't get tight groups. Three to four inches is what they were getting. Took me two years getting oddball with powder and bullets to get a usefully consistent group for hunting. I figured if I could find something that was a consistent 1.5" or tighter I'd be happy. Well a stiff charge of W760 and the 165 gr. Speer Hot Core gave what I was looking for. Brass was Winchester with Winchester standard primers.The load worked in all three rifles as it turned out. I've since removed the metal nose cap and slightly relieved it and groups improved to 1.25". That rifle has accounted for quite a few deer since I bought it. Velocity FWIW was only 2550 but it's worked out as far as 250 yards on deer. So why three? Well, my wife decided she liked mine a lot so I have to find another for her. The another showed up and again the deal was just too good to pass up. I've been playing a lot with the 7x57 lately and I would like to find an RSI in that cartridge where they didn't want so much I'd have to sell my kids into slavery.
Paul B.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: man lickers turn me on - 04/16/20
I sold my kids into slavery AND spent their inheritance for the fullstock rifles I own. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: tmitch Re: man lickers turn me on - 04/16/20
Mine's bassackwards

6.5x55
© 24hourcampfire