Home
Posted By: scenarshooter GAP VII 6 CM - 01/03/20
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Finally had a little time to shoot this rifle with a fresh barrel, the past few days...

Always nice to mount the scope back on the picatinny, and have the point of impact the same as the wore out barrel...no re zero needed on this new barrel.

Target on the left were the first five shots fired through it.

This morning I got to "air it out" a bit. I think the new tube has some potential....;) Barrel #3 for this rifle.

Bartlein 5R@22" 1-7.7". Velocity was right at 2950, and I'm expecting an increase of 80-100fps after a couple hundred rounds.

And yes, I do hunt with this rifle. It was my primary coyote rifle for five years.
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/03/20
6CM is on my short list of rifles to get. Awesome results as expected.
Posted By: BangPop Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/03/20
That folding stock doesn't seem to be hurting the accuracy any. Do you hump that outfit around in a backpack on snowshoes?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/04/20
I shoot (3) 243 Kreedmires and all wearing different freebore. What freebore are you gunning(now)?

Have heard good thangs about Alpha.(grin)

Stretch that rear ring's spacing............................
Posted By: scenarshooter Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/04/20
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I shoot (3) 243 Kreedmires and all wearing different freebore. What freebore are you gunning(now)?

Alpha is as good as it gets, no question.

Those rings are as far apart as possible. There's a sleeve on the rear of the tube that supports the lit reticle.

I've got another 6 CM with a new tube I'll be working up in the next few days, along with another 22 CM with a 17.5" Bartlein.

More reports coming.....;)
Posted By: Oldslowdog Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/04/20

Good to see you finally have some time to shoot those rifles.

Hopefully Shorty isn't jealous.

: )
Posted By: Gies340 Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/04/20
Pat - Always enjoy your posts. You were patient and helped me with my 6.5 SAUM project. I'm now approaching 600 rounds in that rifle and took another elk at 380, 1 shot this week.

With the rebarreling, how many rounds were the previous lasting in this 6 CM? Also, I think I know the answer to this silly question, but what's your take on the folding stock in the field? Why have it?

best,
Jason
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/04/20
Very nice
Posted By: RDW Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/04/20
Are the Berger's in the lands or jumping and if so, how much?
Posted By: pointer Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/04/20
Very nice!! I wish I could put that much use on a rifle. Well done.
Posted By: Judman Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/04/20

Someone is blind, but thinks they know wtf.... šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Now you can regale the www and tell him how to kill big bulls and bucks!! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Nice rig pat.
Posted By: Brad Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/04/20
Man, that sort of consistency is a thing of beauty... good shooting too Pat!
Posted By: Huntr Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/04/20
Very impressive!
Posted By: NMpistolero Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/05/20
Awesome Pat!

So which creed do you prefer, 22 or 6?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/05/20

Originally Posted by Judman

Now you can regale the www and tell him how to kill big bulls and bucks!! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Nice rig pat.

Pardon only having (1) at .183" an it being too long. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Another at (.169") and it's long too. .125" is more than plenty,mainly because I shoot it all. Hint.

You are THE Queen Of The Couch. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Laughing!......................
Posted By: irfubar Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/05/20

Originally Posted by Judman

Nice rig pat.

Pardon only having (1) at .183" an it being too long. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Another at (.169") and it's long too. .125" is more than plenty,mainly because I shoot it all. Hint.

You are THE Queen Of The Couch. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Laughing!......................

So now Stick is schooling Scenar on all things rifle..... wtf.... ego knows no bounds... phuggin poser lying phony sack of schit....
Tell us again Stick about your paycheck... Bwahahahahahah
Posted By: Judman Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/05/20
A child of 2 woulda noticed that... Good talk sweet chucks!! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Cheer up Droolers,I "only" shoot (3) 224 Kreedmires to boot. Hint. Congratulations?!?

None are longer than .100" freebore,nor shorter than .090",while eating 88's exclusively. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Prolly gun a "few"in .264" too. Hint. LAUGHING!

You Brokedick Clueless Fhuqks are a hoot!

Bless your hearts for crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........
Posted By: jac3k Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/05/20
ā€œSchooling Scenar on all things rifleā€? That sounds dramatic. Unless is canā€™t read, he was asking about freebore. Do you think Scenar got ā€œschooledā€? Or did you ā€œschoolā€ Big Stick with the comment you made? I canā€™t tell.
Posted By: Salty303 Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/05/20
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

Finally had a little time to shoot this rifle with a fresh barrel, the past few days...

Always nice to mount the scope back on the picatinny, and have the point of impact the same as the wore out barrel...no re zero needed on this new barrel.

Target on the left were the first five shots fired through it.

This morning I got to "air it out" a bit. I think the new tube has some potential....;) Barrel #3 for this rifle.

Bartlein 5R@22" 1-7.7". Velocity was right at 2950, and I'm expecting an increase of 80-100fps after a couple hundred rounds.

And yes, I do hunt with this rifle. It was my primary coyote rifle for five years.

Good to get no hick ups and lots of confidence right out of the gate. Nice shooting..
Originally Posted by jac3k
ā€œSchooling Scenar on all things rifleā€? That sounds dramatic. Unless is canā€™t read, he was asking about freebore. Do you think Scenar got ā€œschooledā€? Or did you ā€œschoolā€ Big Stick with the comment you made? I canā€™t tell.

You should take some reading comprehension classes. I plainly stated Stick schooling Scenar is a fuugin joke...... I made no remark regarding the proper freebore for a 6mm Creed as I have no experience with it.. Simple... try to keep up
The Couch Crowd is never not Hilarious! Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Pardon my shooting it all and then some. Hint

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............
Tell us again how Scenars freebore is too long....

I also noticed you quit bragging on your paycheck...... hahahahahahha.....
I will hand it to you... you are a step above the queen of the doublewide...... Bwahahahahahahah

At least you can afford a box of bullets ..... even though it takes a credit card to do so....

Look at the bright side sunshine.. they haven't cancelled your card .... yet.... bwahahahahhaha
Try to keep up with what? Two guys talking about freebore? Or you being a drama queen?
I didnā€™t read anybody schooling anybody, but Iā€™m not reading through insecurity glasses...
Try to keep up with what? Two guys talking about freebore? Or you being a drama queen?
I didnā€™t read anybody schooling anybody, but Iā€™m not reading through insecurity glasses...

I will repeat it slow for you ... Stick asked for freebore specs.... Scenar answered.... Stick replied the freebore specs weren't correct, he tried those specs and found better... everything Stick has and does is better... get it?

Thank you for your concerns about my insecurities...... hahahahahahahaha...... you are doing great at kissin Sticks azz..... you should be proud... smile
You must be one of those brain washed baby boomers , only one way to skin a cat right? Just like daddy said...
I own atleast $500 worth of Montana slings all worn in to supple submission from hauling rifles. You would like to paint me in to side taking with your drama....
That's insightful.... did you come up with that on your own?

Look I understand you are enamored with Stick.... and are a fanboy .. I get it , he has many who climbed aboard.....

Personally I value honesty and integrity more than that... it is a free country , carry on.. bwahahahahahah
Posted By: skeen Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/05/20
You must be one of those brain washed baby boomers , only one way to skin a cat right? Just like daddy said...
I own atleast $500 worth of Montana slings all worn in to supple submission from hauling rifles. You would like to paint me in to side taking with your drama....

What does any of that even mean?
Originally Posted by skeen

What does any of that even mean?

Skeen, she is defending Sticks honor, the best way she knows how..... wink
You cyber laughed so hard on that one. If you would shut up and let Scenar and Stick debate who knows what kind info would pop up for other folks to learn from. Is it ā€œwalking stickā€ or ā€œstalking stickā€? You would definitely know. Seems you are the fanboy.

Iā€™m getting a lot of laughs from you. Maybe I should take this on the road.
You cyber laughed so hard on that one. If you would shut up and let Scenar and Stick debate who knows what kind info would pop up for other folks to learn from. Is it ā€œwalking stickā€ or ā€œstalking stickā€? You would definitely know. Seems you are the fanboy.

Iā€™m getting a lot of laughs from you. Maybe I should take this on the road.

If you have been paying any attention at all you would know you don't have back & forth debate With Stick..... you have a lot to learn...... wink

Oh and Stick loves me that is why he spends time going back through my post.... it keeps him occupied....
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/05/20
Another informative thread trashed... Who is more responsible? Stick, or all those that keep bickering with him?

Very nice rig Pat.

John
Bri I was talking about the "ring spacing" liar larry tried to yap about... šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Pat, if you feel I wrecked your thread, my apologies... You're one of the few that actually knows\does I , personally appreciate here...
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Another informative thread trashed... Who is more responsible? Stick, or all those that keep bickering with him?

Very nice rig Pat.

John

This is fairly easy to figure out.... the people who bicker with Stick participate in many threads with no issues..... Pretty much every thread Stick participates in goes south with or without the usual "bickerers"

I too am sorry Pat , if you feel I ruined your thread..... good for you staying above the fray and starting informative and enjoyable threads...
Posted By: Wrongside Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/05/20
Originally Posted by Salty303

Good to get no hick ups and lots of confidence right out of the gate. Nice shooting..

No kidding. Impressive precision in both gunsmithing and marksmanship!
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/05/20
Pat,
Very nice build, per the usual. Thanks for all your help over the years.
Marty
Posted By: scenarshooter Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/05/20
Originally Posted by BangPop
That folding stock doesn't seem to be hurting the accuracy any. Do you hump that outfit around in a backpack on snowshoes?

I do, or have quite a bit in the past....getting a little tougher every year....

I'm toting a shorter, lighter rig in my pack this winter, and I'm kinda liking it...;)
Originally Posted by RDW
Are the Berger's in the lands or jumping and if so, how much?

15 thou jump.
Originally Posted by Brad
Man, that sort of consistency is a thing of beauty... good shooting too Pat!

Thanks! Every once in awhile a guy gets lucky with a barrel that's easy to live with right out of the gate...
Posted By: viking Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/05/20
Bravo.

When I buy a rifle to put under my orphan SS 10x it will be the 6mm Creedmoor. I am skipping the 6.5.

36" of white stuff....a few seasons back.

My pack with my gear and rifle weighs 35lbs. I'm trying to get it a little lighter every year.
Those are some damn nice dogs....
Posted By: Castle_Rock Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/05/20

I do, or have quite a bit in the past....getting a little tougher every year....

I'm toting a shorter, lighter rig in my pack this winter, and I'm kinda liking it...;)

Great picture of the dogs
Would you like to share the details of your lighter carrying rig.
Posted By: viking Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/06/20
Those yotes have a nice light color.
Posted By: BangPop Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/06/20
Those look like late season coyotes that have sun bleached fur. They get really pale up high around here too.
Posted By: Brad Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/06/20

36" of white stuff....a few seasons back.

My pack with my gear and rifle weighs 35lbs. I'm trying to get it a little lighter every year.

I didnā€™t know there were yotes at the North Pole... smile
Posted By: atse Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/06/20
Pat, nice shooting. I love those 105 hybrids, great accuracy,slice thru a crosswind, and absolutely kill the critters.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/06/20
Brad,

Unless you've spent a few winters living in the northeastern corner of Montana, you don't realize it's above the Arctic Circle....
Posted By: irfubar Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/06/20
The entire hi-line is above the arctic circle as far as i'm concerned.... smile
Posted By: BC30cal Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/06/20
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Brad,

Unless you've spent a few winters living in the northeastern corner of Montana, you don't realize it's above the Arctic Circle....

Mule Deer;
Good evening to you John, I hope that this first Sunday of 2020 finds you and Eileen well.

As mentioned previously, I grew up on the eastern side of Saskatchewan, nearly into Manitoba and roughly a third of the way up.

Anyway John, as such I can state that it's been scientifically proven that when the north wind starts to blow southward from Fort St. John or Grande Prairie, the 3 dozen trees between there and Bismark and Sioux Falls don't impede it's velocity appreciably, thus making for the Arctic Circle conditions in between.

So it is that Wolf Point, Scobey or for that matter Maple Creek and Assiniboia get the balmy weather we all grew to know and love... wink

When I tell my kids folks used to freeze to death going home from church or curling back when, they just look at me and shiver.

All the best to you and Eilieen in 2020.

Dwayne

PS:
Those are dandy white coyotes that Pat has for sure.

We don't see them that color or size here.
Posted By: prm Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/06/20
Have you used those Bergers on deer or elk? Iā€™ll bet that setup is fantastic in that windy, open country! I really need to call GA Precision one of these days. Definitely a bucket list rifle to me.
Posted By: smokepole Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/06/20

Dang, that's almost like cheatin" grin
Posted By: scenarshooter Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/07/20
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock

Also built on a VII action by GAP
22 CM-1-6.5", 16" Bartlein 5R #4
Manners T2 CS
Badger M5 Enhanced DBM
TT Diamond trigger
Kahles K318i
SiCo Omega 300 suppressor

Running 88's@3000fps
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/07/20

Manners T2 CS
Badger M5 Enhanced DBM
TT Diamond trigger
Kahles K318i

Running 88's@3000fps

THAT is a paring knife of a rifle. very nice
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/07/20
[quote=Castle_Rock][quote=scenarshooter][quote=BangPop]

Manners T2 CS
Badger M5 Enhanced DBM
TT Diamond trigger
Kahles K318i

Running 88's@3000fps

Pat,
How do you deal with the recoil from that featherweight? Must be brutal! smile

That is a beautiful rig and Iā€™m green with envy.
Posted By: Castle_Rock Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/07/20

Manners T2 CS
Badger M5 Enhanced DBM
TT Diamond trigger
Kahles K318i

Running 88's@3000fps

Wow that is pretty cool.
Do you carry it with the butt plate retracted?
Posted By: SKane Re: GAP VII 6 CM - 01/07/20

Icing on the cake!
© 24hourcampfire