Home
Posted By: Coyote_Hunter Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/11/20
Ran into a super deal on a Leupold VX-3 3.5-10x40 (#66090) scope yesterday. List was $499.99. A tag on it stated is was discounted to $329.97. A second clearance tag said $247.47. I was interested, but it got better.

It was a demo scope and was mounted in Leupold QRW2 rings, which have an MSRP of $121.99 and a street price of $50 and up.

And it got better yet. There was another tag on it that said “25% off”. The scope and rings got rung up for $185 total.

OK, it was missing an adjustment cap and one of the rings was missing two screws. But it gets better.

A couple years back I sent a 3.5-10 to Leupold for a reticle and turret upgrade. The scope was old enough that the gas port was on the horizontal adjustment and they couldn’t put a turret there. Instead they gave me a credit, with no expiration date. The scope I bought yesterday will go back to Leupold for horizontal and vertical turret upgrades and I’ll only have to pay for one of them. Might get a reticle upgrade as well, still to be determined.

With the QRW2 rings any Weaver/Picatinny rail will work and I had been looking for such a setup for one f my rifles.

I’ll order a couple screws for the rings from Leupold on Monday, along with the turret upgrade.

Sometimes stuff happens and sometimes it is pretty damn good stuff. smile
Posted By: Alex38 Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/11/20
Nice score!!!
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/11/20
That's a good day
Posted By: memtb Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/11/20
Ya done real good! I mean “real” good! Congrats. That beats the heck out of a deal on a handgun.....I didn’t get! mad memtb
Posted By: AKduck Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/11/20
Would’ve bought it in a heartbeat.
Posted By: Coyote_Hunter Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/11/20
Forgot to mention - NO TAX either, which saved another $16 or so. smile.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/11/20
Sound s OK
Posted By: Dre Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/12/20
Love scores like that !!
Posted By: longshot3 Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/12/20
Wow! Deals like that are worth crowing about! Good score!
Posted By: Odessa Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/12/20
Great deal, congratulations. Just can't beat the "pure dumb luck" method - gotten my best deals the same way!
Posted By: hanco Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/12/20
Hell of a deal
Posted By: irfubar Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/12/20
Probably a Chinese counterfeit....
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/12/20
Should have just bought a 40.00 Tasco. Probably be more reliable.
Posted By: roninflag Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/12/20
my favorite scope!! awesome.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/13/20

Keep in mind the Leupold Custom Shop is currently closed for "restructuring". No date when it will open for business again. I think what you are wanting done is beyond a simple repair.
Posted By: Coyote_Hunter Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/13/20
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Keep in mind the Leupold Custom Shop is currently closed for "restructuring". No date when it will open for business again. I think what you are wanting done is beyond a simple repair.

I plan to give them a call tomorrow. I'll find out then.
Posted By: Coyote_Hunter Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/13/20
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Called them and you are correct, But they are sending me replacement screwas for the two that were missing froom the rings and a replacement adjustment cover, which was missing from the scope.

To get the turret upgrade I'll have to wait for the custom shop to open back up. They could not give me an estimated time for that but did confirm they do expect it to reopen after the reorganization. Don't know if the reorg is personnel or facilities or both.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/13/20
Sell the piece of schit,to someone as Stupid as you and get something that will ACTUALLY steer boolits.

Hint..................
Posted By: TRexF16 Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Sell the piece of schit,to someone as Stupid as you and get something that will ACTUALLY steer boolits.

Hint..................

Consider not being such a bad person...Hint...……..
Been reading your offensive, hurtful, nonsense for too bloody long now and finally just had to say something. One of your fellow men got what he (and I) consider a really good bargain and was so happy about it he decided to share it with us. And apparently your only available response was to insult him and try to ruin his happiness. You are seriously the ONLY negative I have encountered on this otherwise excellent site and I can't believe you've not been banned. Apparently being an utter, monumental, world class, JERK, is not grounds for sanction here. Go ahead and call me a bunch of names with your creative spelling - I've held my tongue for too long and just had to say something.

Hint.....

There...I'm over it.

XXOO,
Rex
Posted By: peterthomas Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/14/20
Great find. What’s it going on?
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/14/20
Forgive those who do you wrong. It heaps coals on their head. Be Well, RustyZipper
Posted By: ttpoz Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/14/20
Here, here, TRex!!! Well said.
Posted By: Musicianized Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by TRexF16

Hint..................

Been reading your offensive, hurtful, nonsense for too bloody long now and finally just had to say something. One of your fellow men got what he (and I) consider a really good bargain and was so happy about it he decided to share it with us. And apparently your only available response was to insult him and try to ruin his happiness. You are seriously the ONLY negative I have encountered on this otherwise excellent site and I can't believe you've not been banned. Apparently being an utter, monumental, world class, JERK, is not grounds for sanction here. Go ahead and call me a bunch of names with your creative spelling - I've held my tongue for too long and just had to say something.

Hint.....

There...I'm over it.

XXOO,
Rex

Have you been over to the optics forum.. quite a few of them need to be locked in there.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/14/20

Hint..................

Hint.....

There...I'm over it.

XXOO,
Rex

Trix,

I very MUCH enjoy that neither your Melting Snowflake Routine or INCREDIBLE Stupidity,are a fhuqking "act". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon Facts upsetting you so. I can take a schit in a ZipLoc and write "FREE" on the side and Mail it to you,beings a "good deal" on a piece of fhuqking schit swoons you so. Hell...I'll happily pay Shipping. Hint. LAUGHING!

You Whining CLUELESS Fhuqks are a hoot! Fill out yet another Hurt Feelers Report and continue with your Vagina Monologue,because the only things you "shoot" are your mouth and Imagination. Pardon my being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess. Hint.

Bless your heart for crying,though the streaming Mascara is unbecoming. As an aside,you were never "in" it and quite simply never will be.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

tspaz,

You tell her. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Maybe align "forces"? Hint. LAUGHING!

You AMAZINGLY inept Clueless Fhuqktards are a riot! Hint.

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Beautician,

Someone who "knows" and "does" as "much" as you,will alwayys be best served by asking questions...rather than giving "answers". Hint. Congratulations?!?

The heartfelt angst and woe IS appreciated,if only because you are without doing your BEST,which is the only reason it's sooooooooo fhuqking funny. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,you are doing "great"!

Hint.

Laughing!...................

Don't forget to lap them Leupolds. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Posted By: Coyote_Hunter Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by peterthomas
Great find. What’s it going on?

For now, my Marlin 375 Winchester. Need to do some load development and want the 10x for that.

Later, not sure.
Posted By: Coyote_Hunter Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/14/20

Hint..................

Hint.....

There...I'm over it.

XXOO,
Rex

Never mind the forum idiot. I put him on ignore over a decade ago. The only time I see what he writes is when someone quotes him.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/14/20
Shoot! I don't even need one, and I would have scored it at that price. Good find.

Also, I like women. "Hint"
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/14/20

Hint..................

Hint.....

There...I'm over it.

XXOO,
Rex

THIS... probably the most obnoxious person on the FIRE
Posted By: TRexF16 Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/15/20
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

Hint..................

Hint.....

There...I'm over it.

XXOO,
Rex

Never mind the forum idiot. I put him on ignore over a decade ago. The only time I see what he writes is when someone quotes him.

"Ignore". Thanks for the suggestion. I've never done that to anyone but this is surely the time to start. I shall learn to invoke that feature, and do so.
Thanks,
Rex
Posted By: KenMi Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/16/20
Ignore is what pisses of the narcissist the most. Lol.

He only supports his "sponsor" brands. So that tells you something.
Posted By: RinB Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/16/20

Congratulations
Posted By: Fotis Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/24/20
Stick is The perfect malaka
Posted By: Tannhauser Re: Leupold SCORE !!! - 01/24/20
That’s a great deal on a solid scope. Enjoy!
© 24hourcampfire