Home
Posted By: akaSawDoctor TC Icon 7mm rem mag - 01/18/20
There is a TC icon that’s been for sale for a few months now. It’s couple of hours away from me. It’s new in the box and the seller is asking 900$. The manufacturer date is 2008. I have never seen one personally.

I was wondering if the forum members could provide some personal experiences as well as the pros and cons of the rifle I am really considering buying it but having reservations as I have never seen one personally.

* 900$ Canadian money
Posted By: Lucas1 Re: TC Icon 7mm rem mag - 01/18/20
They were nice rifles. I'm not sure why they were discontinued. I think that was the msrp in 2008.
Posted By: ingwe Re: TC Icon 7mm rem mag - 01/19/20
I had one for years in a .243, and it went away in a recent purge. That said however it was an absolutely excellent rifle. Superbly accurate ( I shot it regularly on steel out to 600 yards ) I shot it out of the box..never messed with the trigger, the bedding, nothing. Mine was the Stainless Synthetic weather guard (?) Only even slightly negative thing I could say about an Icon was the weight...a tad heavy..at least in a .243

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Alex38 Re: TC Icon 7mm rem mag - 01/19/20
I have one in .300WM. Like Ingwe, I have no complaints. Mine is also the Weatherguard version, and I’d say the weight is just about perfect for a magnum round. Mine has been very accurate and I have no plans to part with it.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: TC Icon 7mm rem mag - 01/20/20
I have 2 Icons. I think they're the cats meow. A .308 and 3006....both great shooters at sub moa. Both of mine have the hogue stocks. I guess some folks may find them a tad heavy but maybe that's why recoil is minimal. Dont know that I would fork out $900 for one now. Back when I bought one new and they were still in production, $750 was the most I gave for the weathershield.
Posted By: Tannhauser Re: TC Icon 7mm rem mag - 01/20/20
Google tells me $900 Canadian is about $700 US, which is why I’m guessing it has been up for sale for a while.

I like T/C rifles. I’ve owned several, and currently own 2. The Icon is a solid rifle, but nothing special. I think that price is too high.
Posted By: gremcat Re: TC Icon 7mm rem mag - 01/21/20
Had the Lipsey’s run off 7-08 weathershield with truwood stock and it was probably one of my most accurate and good looking guns and I have some nice customs. Sold it unfortunately but it was necessary at the time to purge some stuff to fund some hunting gear for my son.
© 24hourcampfire