Home
Any new 2020 bolt actions come out of shot show 2020?

Tikka? Remington? Ruger? Kimber? Etc etc. if ya got a pic or link please post it. Seems all the you tube coverage is for semi autos!
https://www.outdoorlife.com/story/guns/best-new-rifles-shot-show/
The Sig Cross is really nice in the hand.
I did see the Remington 700 cp- brace. Nice for a backpack

I get a kick out of the Lupo...

So lets see you are Italian company that’s bought Sako & Tikka... some of the most accurate off the shelf rifles there are..

BUT you are SMARTER and Better (AT SHOTGUNS NOT RIFLES)... so you make the “MAKO”. ... yep remember them..... they are toast..

NOW LUPO.. lets see how those make the grade.... I have Major doubts.

You have to love Management pissing money out the window by doing things like this.
Beretta owns Sako/ Tikka.
Beretta rifle was the Mato. Used a Dakota round action. Was actually a pretty good gun, but priced too high and never caught on.
Just the 2020. shotshow
Not excited about any of that.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

That's what I'm most interested in, any other impressions of it? I heard the bolt was sloppy, what did you think? Does the stock lock up tight?
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

I get a kick out of the Lupo...

So lets see you are Italian company that’s bought Sako & Tikka... some of the most accurate off the shelf rifles there are..

BUT you are SMARTER and Better (AT SHOTGUNS NOT RIFLES)... so you make the “MAKO”. ... yep remember them..... they are toast..

NOW LUPO.. lets see how those make the grade.... I have Major doubts.

You have to love Management pissing money out the window by doing things like this.

My one shotgun is a LH Benelli SBE. Took several years to figure out the adjustments of the shotgun (cast, drop, LOP), AND to learn proper shotgun fit, AND to get it set up for me. However, now that it is sorted, the best shotgun I have ever owned. Period.

If Benelli ever offers a Left Hand version of the Lupo, would be sorely tempted to try one simply for the ability to adjust the ergonomics to fit me.
sig cross looks good, the rest of that stuff is weak. the lupo looks dead on arrival. the cross in 6.5 creed could be quite a little carbine ...
Nothing new from tikka? Remington I think came out with a new model 7. Ruger a redressed Hawkeye
A few new models on Tikkas site. So, they should be available here as well.
Lightweight Cerakoted
Originally Posted by Gtscotty

That's what I'm most interested in, any other impressions of it? I heard the bolt was sloppy, what did you think? Does the stock lock up tight?

It will be right when its introduced. I would not be concerned with current perceived sloppy bolt. It, like the stock, will lock up tight. Stock already locks up tight in both positions.
Three calibers to be introduced first; 6.5 CM, 277 Fury and 308. Others to follow. Don't look for a LH model as sadly I don't think we'll see it.
I think Remington has a 710 with a 12" barrel and sign brace in 6.5 creedmore that takes Glock mags....
Originally Posted by ringworm
I think Remington has a 710 with a 12" barrel and sign brace in 6.5 creedmore that takes Glock mags....

If it's not available in bronze cerakote count me out. I love me a good bespoke 710 or 770.
I want a tikka in 22 or 6 Creedmoor, that’s all.

I've been reading a lot of disdain concerning the looks of the Benelli Lupo and while not exactly my cup of tea, it's not as offensive to me as the Savage 110 Ultralight in that link......Somewhere, right now, there's a baboon in search of its arse. sick
The triggerguard shape, stupid pointed grip, and goofy way they incorporated the sling loops must have been by a designer on crack. Looks like a cheap whore charging top dollar for services.
Why didn't they just copy their shotgun features? Would have made more sense.
The Anschutz centerfire looks very interesting given their history of producing accurate rifles.

Short bolt lift with integral picatinny rail mounts are two features which should be more common these days.
So the “industry” answered the market demand:

“I need an ultra light long range tacticool deer sniper rifle”

Looks like a whole lotta meh....

There are a lot of truly hideous goddam guns in that lot.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Agreed, but to each their own. I'd like to fondle one of the Weatherby Backcountry rifles, though. Nice specs on that one.
My Mom used to say "If you can't say anything nice, you shouldn't say anything at all" Sorry, Mom, the Benelli Lupo is Flat Ugly.
This thread needs video links.
The Anschutz was the only one that caught my attention. Glad to know there might still be a market for a traditional walnut-stocked hunting rifle.
GAP has a PPR - Pinnacle Precision Rifle (basically a really nice PRS rifle build out) that matches the pattern that I and a lot of other competition PRS shooters who either are gunsmiths or lead competitors use.

In fact it looks like what George shoots (Owner of GAP), with a couple of really nice improvements - so that’s something.

If you are a PRS shooter it’s worth a look

[video:vimeo]http://vimeo.com/385339446?fbclid=IwAR3PnFKstHNlIFhGfLrOowcXKcophfMFEcPtRy0kU4m0dj1bjqtY4_F86HE[/video]
LOL....Ya'll are some picky SOB's. I can nit'pic lots of spec's on anything but out of that group, after all of the complaining, I'm surprised that the following all look usable or at least worth researching to me. I'm a fan of lightweight, synthetic, stainless. Several meet that niche and there are a couple others that could fit different niche's.

2. Sig Sauer Cross

3. Anschutz 1782 (for wood/blue folks)

4. Weatherby Backcountry

7. Ruger Hawkeye Long-Range Hunter

8. Kimber Open Range Pro Carbon

10. Bergara Mountain
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
LOL....Ya'll are some picky SOB's. I can nit'pic lots of spec's on anything but out of that group, after all of the complaining, I'm surprised that the following all look usable or at least worth researching to me. I'm a fan of lightweight, synthetic, stainless. Several meet that niche and there are a couple others that could fit different niche's.

2. Sig Sauer Cross

3. Anschutz 1782 (for wood/blue folks)

4. Weatherby Backcountry

7. Ruger Hawkeye Long-Range Hunter

8. Kimber Open Range Pro Carbon

10. Bergara Mountain

The Weatherby is fine. I thought the Bergara looked nice until I saw the MSRP.
I didn't pay attention to MSRP on any of them. The listing was for "best" new rifles so I'd consider them to be higher priced in most cases.
I got the Shot show hell’s canyon for 2019 and the came out with a new Hells canyon and only real difference is the stock up grade and a skip flute instead of a straight flute. Charge and extra 1300 for that. All I really noticed is the rise of pricing in the hunting industry as a whole. Going to become out of reach for a guy to buy a good hunting rifle like a XBolt or 700 etc.
Anyone see an expected availability date on the Sig Cross?
Originally Posted by DrDeath
Nothing new from tikka? Remington I think came out with a new model 7. Ruger a redressed Hawkeye

I cannot for the life of me, figure out why Remington will not make a stainless SPS in 6.5 Creedmoor.
I really wish Remington would bring back the old style mountain rifles. The only gun I really like was the new company Retay company [bleep] guns look real nice.
Bergara looks interesting, I'd have to place one in my hands before dropping $2000 plus though

+100
Best piece to me at Defiance... they have a new lightweight action with lots of machining to lose weight. They call it the an(Ti). Not Ti, but under 24 ounces. I was getting ready to start a new thread on it when I saw this. Under a grand MSRP.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ew-defiance-action-ul-an-ti#Post14511513

an(Ti) Thread.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by DrDeath

I cannot for the life of me, figure out why Remington will not make a stainless SPS in 6.5 Creedmoor.

James,
Best not bother trying to figure them out. They were only 7-8 years late to the party in even offering the 6.5 Creedmoor chambering.

I saw mid-year for Cross availability, hopefully in time to get one in hand, setup and a load developed before hunting season.
Originally Posted by jeffbird
The Anschutz centerfire looks very interesting given their history of producing accurate rifles.

Short bolt lift with integral picatinny rail mounts are two features which should be more common these days.

I tried to get my hands on one but the folks around the Anschutz booth kept me away and I forgot to get back by there. I really couldn't even give it a good visual inspection as it was being shouldered and dry fired by several guys there.

The Weatherby is fine. I thought the Bergara looked nice until I saw the MSRP.

Same.

I don’t see them available until at least June.

I saw mid-year for Cross availability, hopefully in time to get one in hand, setup and a load developed before hunting season.

Thanks. I'll likely give them a try. I'm doubtful I'll like the design as much as a standard stocked LW rifle but I don't mind proving myself wrong. At the very least it would be a lightweight option that would work for a range of sizes on kids.
Zastava is importing their own guns into the USA now which means their mauser based rifles are back. Been wanting one in 7.62x39.

Thanks. I'll likely give them a try. I'm doubtful I'll like the design as much as a standard stocked LW rifle but I don't mind proving myself wrong. At the very least it would be a lightweight option that would work for a range of sizes on kids.

Naked weight is 6.2 lbs, a Sig guy told me.
A guy in the booth told me they were supposed to be ready in April but he believes it will be June, at the earliest.
A guy in the booth told me they were supposed to be ready in April but he believes it will be June, at the earliest.

Which means pre-orders and those willing to pay extra for the first run will get theirs in June/July. Might not see reasonable prices and availability until Sept-Oct. I was tentatively planning on picking one of these up and hunting it this Fall, but that may not be terribly realistic, especially since, best case scenario there'd be very little time to work up a good load and practice much before bow season.

I really like the idea, might make more sense to wait until next year to give it a try, especially given Sig's reputation for releasing a Beta version first and then fixing most of the problems in the second version (that may or may not be compatible with the first).
© 24hourcampfire