Home
Freed up some funds and will be ordering a Elevation rifle early next week. It comes with a pic rail, but I would like to use Talley one piece rings/bases. Anyone know what ones I need or if the Elevation/Origin action is tapped for 8-40 screws?

Let me know, also chime in if anyone has Elevation rifle opinions/experience.

Thanks.
8/40s
I also confirmed with proof they’re 8-40s

Anyone know what bases will work for the origin? I was told two front Remington 700 mounts will work. I just don’t want to buy two sets then have two rear bases left for no reason.
Give Talley a call. They have been very helpful when I’ve called them. They should be able to sell you what you need.
I emailed them. We’ll see if I hear back.
Yeah, I bet Talley will take care of you, I have experienced excellent service with Talley....Good luck 👍......Hb
Talley makes a set of 30mm lows for the Origin/TL3s etc....

I’ve done the deal and fitted the standard 700 rings. You still have to mill out the holes for the heads.

Origin rings from Talley...
https://i.imgur.com/OyaTF2M.jpg

Fitted 700 rings...
https://i.imgur.com/MB9qT9O.jpg
How much is that rifle? I don't see a price for that model on Proof's website. Also, the palm swell on that stock and their other in-house stock models looks like it's set way back. Have you handled one, and if so does it feel better than it looks?

https://proofresearch.com/rifles/elevation/
I think it looks and feels better in person. I was bear hunting in Montana this fall and made a detour to stop at their headquarters and got to handle one. It’s not cheap. Msrp is $3,000. But I can get it quite a bit cheaper. Closer to $2,000.
Originally Posted by joshf303
Talley makes a set of 30mm lows for the Origin/TL3s etc....

I’ve done the deal and fitted the standard 700 rings. You still have to mill out the holes for the heads.

Origin rings from Talley...
https://i.imgur.com/OyaTF2M.jpg

Fitted 700 rings...
https://i.imgur.com/MB9qT9O.jpg

I love that rifle, I see you have it for sale. It’s tempting because it’s close to what I’ll pay for the proof rifle.
Originally Posted by dakotakidd
I think it looks and feels better in person. I was bear hunting in Montana this fall and made a detour to stop at their headquarters and got to handle one. It’s not cheap. Msrp is $3,000. But I can get it quite a bit cheaper. Closer to $2,000.

That's a lot of rifle for $2K and good that you were able to handle one so you know what you're buying.
Key words “closer to” $2k. It’ll probably be almost $2,500 by time I get it shipped and have a ffl transfer. But I’m ok with that.
I had a chance to handle one of these last fall - it was really nice IMHO. For the price if you look at the parts you would be hard pressed to built it. They show on the website that they now have it chambered on 7MM-08 which is what I'm looking for but have never actually seen one listed in that caliber.
Please be sure to keep us posted on when you actually get the rifle, really interested to know what you think and how it shoots.
The 7mm-08 would be a great choice, and has a 22” barrel. I really wish the 6.5 creed did too. 24” plus a two port brake will probably be real close to 26”....little long but it’ll do. I will try to post something eventually. It might be a while till I actually get to shoot it. Winter is kinda tough here. If I get a decent day I’ll try to get it out.
Email from Talley. Talley part number 73S719 for 30mm lows
8-40 with recoil pin.
If anyone else was wondering.
I think I have a couple sets of rings that will fit this. Shoot me a pm If interested

30mm highs and 1” mediums
Pm sent
Had my local gun shop order a Proof Elevation in 6.5 for me this past Saturday. Have a Hawkens 2 port brake ready to be installed, a 3-10x42 shv and Talleys ready to get mounted. Can’t wait to get my hands on it.
I recently had the opportunity to handle a Proof and a CA Ridgeline, I bought the Ridgeline, price was not a factor.
Different stokes for different folks. I like the Proof better. I like the slim but closed grip on the stock and I thought it felt like a stiffer stock. I also like the option for proof prefit barrels and interchangeable bolt heads. Already thinking down the road to do some sort of short action mag. New bolt head and get the stock inlet for an m5 and have room for 2.95” oal.
Originally Posted by dakotakidd
Had my local gun shop order a Proof Elevation in 6.5 for me this past Saturday. Have a Hawkens 2 port brake ready to be installed, a 3-10x42 shv and Talleys ready to get mounted. Can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Congratulations! I bet you'll have no problem getting it to shoot way under the stated 1 moa accuracy guarantee. I would expect 1/2 moa from that rifle with Hornady 140gr through 147gr ammunition and probably bug holes with handloads. As another member pointed out, it would be hard to build such a rifle for $2,500.
Yeah I’m excited. Planning on 147 eldm. I’ll grab a few boxes of cheap 129 American whitetail to get it broke in.
I’d like one in 308, I have a Zeiss v6 3-18 that would go great on it.
Just picked mine up yesterday. 6.5 with 24” barrel is 6lbs 6oz gun only. Sock weighs in at 19.4oz. That’s about all I know so far. Talley told me the wrong part number for rings so I won’t have a scope mounted for a while.
Sorry to hear about the scope ring snafu - but once it gets figured out it will be a heck of a nice rifle. Be sure to post up some pics if you can.
Got my rings from Talley. Got the 3-10 shv mounted tonight. Hopefully shoot this weekend. Gun, Talleys and 3-10x42 shv 7lbs 14oz.
Interested in your report on this rifle after you get to shoot it a bit. Looks to be a lot of rifle for the money.
First three rounds out of the gun. Old school bore sight, pull the bolt and look down the barrel at 100yds. Fist shot clipped the orange sticker.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Set it up with Talley lows and a Nightforce shv.
I wasn’t really shooting for groups today, just doing something break in. Kept 25 under 2” I suppose. I’ll get back out when it’s warmer and shoot for groups.
That’ll do!!!!
How are you liking that setup ? Which shv is that as well? Just picked up the same rifle in 6.5 creed and am considering that scope as well
It's a 3-10 non illuminated Moar with side focus. Discontinued model but my favorite configuration.

The rifle is a great shooter, little heavier than I wanted but plenty light for most hunting. I sold the stock off of it and ordered a manners eh8+....still waiting for that. Factory stock was a little small statured for me. I also had a Hawkins 2 port brake installed and cerakoted any bare stainless black to match the action.

I like the gun but I do plan to sell it after the stock gets here. I picked up a fieldcraft and I prefer it in every way....I'm not a collector so if it dosent get used it gets sold.

Here's my proof 6.5 with a Fat Bastard brake, with 139 gr. Scenar it shoots very small groups, and kills like lighting. Rio7
I absolutely love the rifle .... what makes you like the field craft more ? I understand that are very nice as well tho, and have you gotten a chance to use the shv without the side focus ? I rly want to find one with it but can’t .... I’m just wondering if it will effect my accuracy out to the distance I plan to shoot without that side focus
I have not tired the shv without side focus. Any guns I plan to shoot any distance with have side focus..

The fieldcraft just fits like a glove. It's light, shoots great, has a good trigger and is a little more"classic" looking. It's a gun I really don't intend to sell and I think stainless will age a little better.

Nothing against the proof rifle. Congrats on the purchase. The first time I saw one I had to have it, I sold stuff and saved for a year to buy it. It just didn't quite do it for me after having it for a while.
Fair enough ! I would love to get a field craft they are just so scarce currently
which Bushnell is that
Just for reference, the Origin mounts front and rear are the same as Rem 700 fronts. I have a few with Leupold Dual Dovetails and they are at the very edge of putting the scope a bit too far forward for some shooters with the extended front as shown here.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
How do you like the swfa ? Is that the 3-15 ?
© 24hourcampfire