Home
I think it's a deal at $435 buy it now. But not sure on the actual shipping cost (FedEx Ground).

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/854977323

I was going to buy and turn it into a 20" 358 Win with a rebore....but I don't need a 358 Win. And I sure don't need another 308.

And apologies if anybody here was going to try to pick it up for the starting bid. But maybe you still can???? I promise I won't bid on it.
Good buy, but I think I’d rather just buy an SS action from Whittaker’s for a donor. Little bit you can get from the takeoffs probably not worth the trouble of getting factory barrel off unless a guy is well equipped in the barrel vise department.

On that same line of thinking I’ve been contemplating trying to remove a factory tikka barrel before just tripping the rifle for something else..

Edit: missed the part about you contemplating a rebore, if so that’s a good buy for sure
Those were a special run sold only at Sportsmans Warehouse IIRC. I thought about buying one new a few years back. I may have mis-remembered but it seems like they sold new for about $450-$500.
Don't know if it was exactly the same but they also had something really similar to that at Bi-Mart which is a local store that sells everything from sporting goods to potato chips. They would have them on sale for something like $329 I think it was, I picked up a couple .243's as donors, think regular price was $359. Sadly they don't have those deals anymore.
© 24hourcampfire