Home
I see Browning has a 24 inch 7 twist on their 6.5 PRC. Anyone on here running a 6.5 PRC in one of the X-Bolt configurations? If so, what do you like and dislike about the gun?
I have a Hells Canyon Speed; shoots 143 ELDX factory between 1/2 to 3/4 inch. First Browning I've owned since 1972. Trigger is only thing I don't like won't adjust as low as I would like. Mag feeds fine and overall like the rifle.
Originally Posted by wh06
I have a Hells Canyon Speed; shoots 143 ELDX factory between 1/2 to 3/4 inch. First Browning I've owned since 1972. Trigger is only thing I don't like won't adjust as low as I would like. Mag feeds fine and overall like the rifle.

Any idea what the inside of the magazine measures? I'm assuming they used the same magazine size as the WSM's they offer.

On the trigger, I thought they had that fixed? Being Trigger Tech doesn't make Browning triggers yet, a Timney would be an upgrade.
Just change out the spring.....
Originally Posted by wh06

If you have a good scale I am curious on the weight?
Thanks
I have the x-bolt Max Long Range in 6.5 PRC
It is a shooter.

Ya!
GWB
Magazine. says 6.5 prc on side of it, measures 3.004 from back too the pointed tip hope that is close to being accurate. Factory 143 meas 2.945 I was able to handle the browning and a CA Mesa liked the browning a little better realized if trigger was an issue could try a different spring or a trimney trigger. Cost was about the difference between cost of new trigger.
I put a Timney in my Hells Canyon 6.5 CM and it was worth it. 1lb 11 oz. with no creep.

Fugh changing the spring.
I have a Hells Canyon in the long range ordered a timney trigger same day I got the gun. Never shot it till I put trigger in set it at 2 lbs with scale. Loaded 20 rounds with 140 Accubonds to say its a shooter is a under statement. Loaded 40 more rounds went to the ranch shot 24 pigs one weekend 26 the next from 40 yards to 575. Don’t know of anything I would change other then it loud as Heck
Originally Posted by STXdeerhound
I have a Hells Canyon in the long range ordered a timney trigger same day I got the gun. Never shot it till I put trigger in set it at 2 lbs with scale. Loaded 20 rounds with 140 Accubonds to say its a shooter is a under statement. Loaded 40 more rounds went to the ranch shot 24 pigs one weekend 26 the next from 40 yards to 575. Don’t know of anything I would change other then it loud as Heck

What kind of groups and velocities are you getting with the 140 Accubonds?
Groups were 5/8 of a inch not sure about velocities have not checked it yet.
© 24hourcampfire