Home
About a year ago i bought a sauer 100 7m08 and decided I needed a spare mag which I eventually obtained , but not before mistakenly ordering a 6.5 prc mag, a $50 boo boo. This mag spent the past year on the book shelves as a constant reminder of the difference between 6.5 prc and 6.5 creedmo. So after 5 minutes on the phone with europtic I fixed the problem. The fix should be here in a few days.

So far, I like what the fire thinks of the mauser 18 6.5 prc as I've been researching recent posts. Now, if I could just find some factory ammo.
Perfectly logical... Congrats and I hope you enjoy your new rifle.

V/r,
John
Sounds about right. .......... I have some 9.3x62 dies and bullets that need a rifle.
I picked up some once-fired 5.7x28 cases at the range....
You’re a man after my own heart.

I’ve got a new set of brake shoes for an International 4900 just sitting here.
I've got a few boxes of 7mmm-08 ammo and no rifle to use them in....
My blanket unravelled and put a hole in my Thermos. Hint. Congratulations?!?

LAUGHING!................

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Originally Posted by SCgman1
but not before mistakenly ordering a 6.5 prc mag

Carl Jung would say it was no mistake... laugh
Just good, common sense problem solving on your part smile
grin grin
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

I had several boxes of WallyMart clearance .308 that sat forlorn in an ammo box until one magical day the LGS was clearing out a few T/C Compass rifles in .308....

Picked up some nickel-plated .375 H&H brass at the range. No rifle to use them in. Yet.
I got a set of 9.5x57 Mauser dies at a swap meet for $10 (Not 9.3x57 - these are a set of RCBS customs. The 9.5mm is a .375 bullet) Now I have to find a reamer and then a barrel. At least I have a couple actions and some wood that'll work...

Got a smokin' deal on a bunch of 9.3x62 Lapua brass and loaded ammo. So I have a rifle off being rebored for it now. Had no idea I needed a 9.3x62 prior to that.

Cheers,
Rex
I had several hundred 6mm bullets before I had a rifle to shoot them.

200 ? rounds of 7 1/2 .410 ammo for grouse/hares. No .410, but someday....... smile. And several boxes of 12 ga lead shot for waterfowling. .. I do have those shotguns..... flippen Feds!
Originally Posted by las

200 ? rounds of 7 1/2 .410 ammo for grouse/hares. No .410, but someday....... smile.

Here you go:

https://gordyandsons.com/purdey-best-side-by-side-410-36743.html
This thread reminds of the woody allen movie (love & death I believe) where one scene features an idiot's convention held at an old inn iin the forest. Dozens of idiots dancing on the premises and a huge banner draped across the entrance...."Idiots Convention....All Idiots Welcome"
This thread reminds of the woody allen movie (love & death I believe) where one scene features an idiot's convention held at an old inn iin the forest. Dozens of idiots dancing on the premises and a huge banner draped across the entrance...."Idiots Convention....All Idiots Welcome"

We all prefer 'enthusiast' to idiot.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
My blanket unravelled and put a hole in my Thermos. Hint. Congratulations?!?

LAUGHING!................

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I like waffles.

Random
I bought 500 rounds of new 7x64 brass on clearance, $12/50.

Had to find a donor to build said rifle.

It can be a sickness.
I once had about a case of 20 gauge shells here for the longest time and was in my LGS and spide a beautiful Mossberg 500 for $300 and bought it on the spot. Love the gun but I wasn't in the market when I bought it.
My .35 Whelen dies still don't have a rifle to feed. frown
I may be near the top on unintentional buys leading to serious spending. In the late 1970's and large LGS was going under with a blowout sale. I bought a NOS set of RCBS 256 Newton dies. Last year, using an already converted Mauser action, had a Newton built up for only $1100.00. Had to do something with those $7.50 dies.
I had an old set of Hornady 243 dies so I traded for a 243. Then I found out the sizer die didn't work so I had to get another set of dies.
Now I have a bunch of 44 mag components. Should I sell the components or buy a 44 mag? Hmm, anybody have a Marlin 1894 44 mag they want to sell? smile
The fix showed up last. Slapped a scope on it, bore sighted, first 3 shot group .5 inch. Put 6 shots in a one inch diameter. I likey.
Nope, I do not .. Have several pounds of powder, brass, dies, and bullets for several firearms that I don't currently own. I do know however that they are out there.
I think they're onto something with that 6.5 PRC.

Got a stash of 200 rounds of 22-250 that I picked up for pennies on the dollar, but no 22-250 rifle. Probably just trade it away.
I have one .220 Howell round but no rifle so chambered. What to do, what to do?
Seems simple enough. smile miles
Originally Posted by High_Noon

Dear sir,

I understand that this is a difficult time for you, but I'd like you to know that we here at the 'Campfire are in your corner. With the proper attitude and planning, all things are possible.

Please ask yourself; is it fair to let that round be alone for the whole of its life and never live up to its purpose? We say 'Nay, Brother, it is not!'

We suggest putting an end to the absurdity of this negligence! Please find your way to the Classifieds section at your earliest convenience and place a 'wanted ad' for the said rifle.

I think we all know this has gone on far too long at it's past time to right this wrong.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at the 'Fire
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by las

200 ? rounds of 7 1/2 .410 ammo for grouse/hares. No .410, but someday....... smile.

Here you go:

https://gordyandsons.com/purdey-best-side-by-side-410-36743.html

Oh my! That is mighty purdy!
The fix showed up last. Slapped a scope on it, bore sighted, first 3 shot group .5 inch. Put 6 shots in a one inch diameter. I likey.

I love a happy ending! smile
Originally Posted by High_Noon

Dear sir,

I understand that this is a difficult time for you, but I'd like you to know that we here at the 'Campfire are in your corner. With the proper attitude and planning, all things are possible.

Please ask yourself; is it fair to let that round be alone for the whole of its life and never live up to its purpose? We say 'Nay, Brother, it is not!'

We suggest putting an end to the absurdity of this negligence! Please find your way to the Classifieds section at your earliest convenience and place a 'wanted ad' for the said rifle.

I think we all know this has gone on far too long at it's past time to right this wrong.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at the 'Fire

Thank you for the encouragement. To answer your question, no, it certainly is not fair to let my lone .220 Howell round wallow in obscurity for the foreseeable future and beyond. I will start the search for a suitable rifle forthwith.
© 24hourcampfire