Home
Posted By: handwerk the state of LAW rifles - 02/29/20
Now days what do folks think about Legendary Arms Works, their rifles, actions and current business health?
Would you buy a used one if it was a proven shooter?
I do not know how consistent their quality is. I see very little about them anymore. I would hold out and buy a Ed Brown 704 if one were available.
Posted By: Gtscotty Re: the state of LAW rifles - 02/29/20
I thought they went out of business a few years ago?
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: the state of LAW rifles - 02/29/20
I have one in a .308 Win. It's great shooting rifle. Fit and finish is really great. It hit all the plus signs.
All good with me.
Posted By: russm86 Re: the state of LAW rifles - 03/06/20
I have a recent/current production LAW rifle in .280AI. Fit and finish looks and feels great. Can't find any flaws in machining. Stock is very nice. A unique bolt with CRF and pivoting claw extractor. No tools required to strip the bolt. Mine shoots great with handloads (never tried factory). I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.
They were out of business, then they were supposedly back in business. If you call the # for them, answering machine says its a stock making company. Their website it HS to boot. So im guessing their done. That being said, they seem to have a good reputation for fit, finish, and accuracy if you find a good deal on one.
Posted By: BIGR Re: the state of LAW rifles - 03/08/20
Their website says that they have now become Legendary Action Works, something to the effect that the employees from former LAW, now owns the company. Focus is on building actions and components, that would build some of the finest rifles.

Believe what you want, I am not sure how current that information is, on this website?

http://www.legendaryarmsworks.com/
© 24hourcampfire