Home
Bought my daughter a T3x Hunter for a graduation gift. What's the cleanest looking (non tactical) scope mount for this model? Fine with rings and mounts or Tally type ringmounts as long as its solid and looks good. Also, what height to just clear a 40mm scope?
Modified talley lightweights. I use DD's and they are clean looking as well.
Warne rings - clean, simple and solid. I am using mediums with a 40mm Meopro
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Modified talley lightweights.

Agreed!

Attached picture 6932C947-0325-408B-94C2-EB1529E02DB1.jpeg

Other option i like alot is the sportsmatch rings.
Sportsmatch IMO.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Sportsmatch IMO.

Mine too. Not quite as “clean” as the Talleys but dang close.
Optilock
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Sportsmatch IMO.

Mine too. Not quite as “clean” as the Talleys but dang close.

Another vote for the Sportsmatch.
Originally Posted by spence1875
I have a pair of 16Bores modified talleys 1 inch low I am getting ready to post for sale. 50 shipped.

Other option i like alot is the sportsmatch rings.

Thanks for the offer. I have to recover from buying the rifle for now or I'd jump on them.
Spence,

Sent you a PM on the modified 16 bore talleys if you are interested in selling.

Thanks,

onerifle
Talley lows, or extra lows.
Either buy ones above, and I think I saw extra lows on euro optics
Here is t3x SL with low Talleys and 42 mm Nikon M with a cap. Still room to be had.
https://i.imgur.com/AhB16jA.jpg
419 20MOA rail and SWFA Lows

[Linked Image]
Sportsmatch

[Linked Image]
Modified Talley Lows

[Linked Image]
I have two tikka rifles and use the DNZ mounts, light strong and one piece.
Posted over in optics too.

Mountain tactical rail, APA low rings with a 3-12x42 30mm scope:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by 16bore
Modified Talley Lows

[Linked Image]

Would these be similar in height to talley extra lows? Looking to mount the same scope on my tikka. Tried a rail and low rings and it was awkwardly high..
I use modified talley lightweights. They look and work nice.
Lows minus 0.10”, which I think is “extra low”. Puts the tube 0.410” off the dovetail
I’ve got Warnes on all three of my Tikkas. Love them!
Tally’s are an easy pass. They offer nothing.

Few appreciate the benefits of picatinney systems more than I, but unless you require the increased elevation, there is no reason to chose that over a mounting system that uses the built in base on the rifle. One of the strong points (among many) of Tikkas is the integrated rail. That is one less think that can cause a zero shift. So far no one does rings for Tikkas better than Sportsmatch.
Sportsmatch mounting systems, are only as good as you like them.
No peas, No carrots
I believe the OP is looking for "non tactical" looking rings and mounts. I'd think that would throw out the rails and sportsmatch suggestions. Thus the reason I suggested what I did. I'd also look into the Leupold back country rings as well. They are similar to the talley lightweights and come in 1" and 30mm and weigh in at roughly 3 oz's... Also, Those steel warns weigh more than twice that at around 7 oz's. That's almost 1/2 a pound just for rings!! I've tried them, I wasn't overly impressed. There are a lot of "non tactical" looking rings and mounts that work great and look great on the Tikka T3/T3X rifles. Good luck to the OP. I hope he finds what he's looking for... At one time, there was a great thread with pictures in it of Tikka scope mounting systems. There, you will find some great examples of what works for guys here. "Pictures are also worth a 1,000 words", and that thread has some good pictures...
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Tally’s are an easy pass. They offer nothing.

Few appreciate the benefits of picatinney systems more than I, but unless you require the increased elevation, there is no reason to chose that over a mounting system that uses the built in base on the rifle. One of the strong points (among many) of Tikkas is the integrated rail. That is one less think that can cause a zero shift. So far no one does rings for Tikkas better than Sportsmatch.

Been stressing the point for years.
I have the Game Reaper mounts on my Tikka. First time having the Reaper and like it pretty good.

Sportsmatch, by far.

Originally Posted by fldoghunter
Bought my daughter a T3x Hunter for a graduation gift. What's the cleanest looking (non tactical) scope mount for this model? Fine with rings and mounts or Tally type ringmounts as long as its solid and looks good. Also, what height to just clear a 40mm scope?
Sportsmatch here for my Tikkas as well.
"modified Talleys"

What modification is done to the Talleys?
Do Sportsmatch 1” Low ring height exist? If so, does anyone know which model # they are? Almost all of them I have seen have been 30mm.
Originally Posted by shinbone
"modified Talleys"

What modification is done to the Talleys?

They are milled to get them lower.
I'm a rookie in the Tikka world, but the Warne Tikka rings that mount directly to the receiver dovetail are classy, simple and 55 bucks all in...

I'd like a low version for a 36 mm scope, but otherwise, Done deal.
All my Tikkas wear modified Talleys.

P
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
Do Sportsmatch 1” Low ring height exist? If so, does anyone know which model # they are? Almost all of them I have seen have been 30mm.

Not really. They are more a “medium” for the 1”. The 30 mm mounts will get you a little lower. The 1” are not egregiously high, however. They worked well for me with a meopta 3-9 x 40.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sportsmatc...early-Brno-15mm-eg-Model-2-/300423186617

The 1”
I don’t think there is a Sportsmatch Low
Originally Posted by Alex38

Three?

What’s wrong with you?

Thanks! Thats what I figured. Going from extra low Talleys to the higher 1” Sportsmatch would definitely cause me to need a comb height increase. I think I’ll hold off until I have another 30mm scope to mount and go Sportsmatch for that.
30mm’s between tube and rail:

Talley Lows = .420
Sportsmatch = .417
419 20 MOA & SWFA Lows = .585
Talley’s on everything for me

Attached picture 92F7F6F6-404E-4898-B4D4-77E06F78364B.jpeg
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Alex38

Three?

What’s wrong with you?

I’ve got 3 kids and a nephew that all love the outdoors. Planning to give each of them a nice rifle and a shotgun, so I’ll be thinning the safe a bit in the next few years. I have a 270 and 30-06 T3 Lite SS and a T3X Lite SS in 7RM. All three shoot well under an inch. Haven’t decided if I’ll give the Tikkas away, or keep them and give away something else. My oldest daughter has already claimed a Weatherby...
I sure like the looks of those Warne rings. Not sure if I will go that route though if they weigh 7 oz.. The sporstmatch or the Tallys both look nice and are reasonable. Thanks for the ideas fellas.
© 24hourcampfire