Home
Posted By: gene270 are the fieldcraft rifles done - 05/14/20
went to the website and facebook and they are gone...I know they put a hold on production for a while but have they gone away for good
Just my opinion, NO. I think they are going to comeback, taking a hiatus to build sales would be my guess.
YES, Contracts aside, 2.0 wont be 1.0
Dunno, but I'm glad I didn't miss out, although honestly I like my Howa Alpine nearly as much. If I had scored that before I bought the FC, probably would've called it good. Still, the FC is very nicely made, and worth the money, IMO. Wouldn't mind another, but don't really have room.
Like dinner
I hadn’t logged on in a while - been busy working and living.

I doubt the Fieldcraft's will ever return as the same rifle we currently know. I expect a different stock and some other small changes.

I also don’t think the changes will be bad for the rifle. Think about it. Everything Barrett makes is top shelf. If they do return, it’ll still be a Barrett. Their quality speaks for itself.
@SAS, Good to see you back. If Barrett is going to re-work the Field Craft, a Left Hand action with more round fore end would be a "must have". wink
Yeah, if they do come back I hope they have a different stock design, i am not crazy about the ergo's on this model....maybe closer to a Kimber stock would be nice 👍.....Hb
If kimber got the mag box and twist right, I’d buy more Montanas
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I hadn’t logged on in a while - been busy working and living.

I doubt the Fieldcraft's will ever return as the same rifle we currently know. I expect a different stock and some other small changes.

I also don’t think the changes will be bad for the rifle. Think about it. Everything Barrett makes is top shelf. If they do return, it’ll still be a Barrett. Their quality speaks for itself.

Nice to hear from you SAS.
Can you comment on the other “small changes” you expect if they return?
Appreciate it.
Originally Posted by gene270
went to the website and facebook and they are gone...I know they put a hold on production for a while but have they gone away for good

Fieldcraft is no longer on their actual website either. I purchased one from SAS a few weeks ago. Been trying to get low rings every since. Mental!
Just a stock change away from perfect. That being said the way my 270 shoots I’ll overlook the non Montana stock.
Hope they do come back, have a 243 and 6.5 Creedmoor. I still want a 6.5x55 Swede, cause why not and 22-250 for a predator rig.
Originally Posted by gene270

IIRC, one day at the range you told me you have two. Don't be greedy!😛
I think they are a bit ass heavy with SWFA 6x or 3-9.

That said for what Whittaker’s has sold them for you can hardly buy the action for that price

let alone the carbon stock, correct twist barrel, stellar assembly and not bad trigger and 3” mag box.
The long actions balance a whole lot better than the short actions due to barrel lengths. I still want a 7/mm 08 anyway.
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Yeah, if they do come back I hope they have a different stock design, i am not crazy about the ergo's on this model....maybe closer to a Kimber stock would be nice 👍.....Hb

This ^^^^^^
I ended up with 4. 2-6.5's 1-6.5 green stock/black and one in 30-06.
I think they’ll be back possibly but in a cheaper version . One or two members reported this straight from Barrett reps I’m almost positive.

Although they are not even listing them on the manufacturers website at all. They’re fine rifles , I know that.
Rep at the DSC convention in January said they were on hold while Barrett focused on fulfilling some military contract orders. Sucks if you were in the market for one now, but I get how guaranteed sales from the military trumps theoretical sales to hunters.
What ammo are you shooting. I just ordered a 1/10 270 from Whitakers.
GunBroker has a bunch of them
I'm shooting 130 partitions in mine and it likes them very well.
Originally Posted by KH1473
If kimber got the mag box and twist right, I’d buy more Montanas

Never known that to happen on any of their products
© 24hourcampfire