Home
Looking to replace a walnut stock on a short action ruger MKII. What's my best bang for my buck?
Possibly a Hawkeye All Weather take-off from me. $80 CONUS to your door, USPS MO only. Came off a .223 when I replaced it with factory walnut. Been meaning to list it here.

Different strokes.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Possibly a Hawkeye All Weather take-off from me. $80 CONUS to your door, USPS MO only. Came off a .223 when I replaced it with factory walnut. Been meaning to list it here.

Different strokes.

Originally Posted by Pappy348

Different strokes.

Interesting Pappy. I'll give that some thought and get back to you.
I've got a Hogue stock with the full length aluminum bedding block I'd trade for your factory walnut.
Another good deal. Saves me a trip to the P.O. too!
The Ruger factory synthetics are the best option for that rifle at any price. They used to sell them directly from Ruger. I bought one several years ago.
Weighed three of my rifles yesterday. The ,30-06 MKII with the skeletonized boat paddle was about a half pound lighter than the .280 Rem Hawkeye the newer synthetic stock.

Doesn't matter much to me. While I prefer the boat paddle, the new synthetic is a good stock.
© 24hourcampfire