Home
Posted By: verns scope anti cant levels - 05/23/20
I had one on my AR which has the scope mounted very high ,after I put it on I then realized how much I was canting the rifle .Well only lasted about 50 rounds then broke .I see Vortex makes one for about $30 . I wonder if the vortex ones are durable ?
Originally Posted by verns
I had one on my AR which has the scope mounted very high ,after I put it on I then realized how much I was canting the rifle .Well only lasted about 50 rounds then broke .I see Vortex makes one for about $30 . I wonder if the vortex ones are durable ?

You must shoot a hell of a long ways with your AR to see any kind of a difference.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: scope anti cant levels - 05/23/20
EuroOptic is closing out the Nikon ones in both 1" and 30mm for $29.99. I like the looks of them, not as bulky as some I've seen.
Posted By: Northman Re: scope anti cant levels - 05/23/20
Useless devices..

Save your money!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzX6DsJ5IrY
What a dumb video.
Posted By: verns Re: scope anti cant levels - 05/24/20
I need all the help I can get with my marksmanship . Thanks for your opinions and especially the tip on the level at EuroOptic. I was lost completely on the video .I have never used the levels before this AR with the scope so high ,probably not necessary if the cant was consistent .I I am trying to work out a load and once that is done it will be only field shooting with not much of a good rest .
Posted By: 2five7 Re: scope anti cant levels - 05/24/20
LOL.

Try this one...

Everyone thinks they can "see level" or "feel level". Try it in the mountains where there isn't a single thing level or plumb. Like the pilots say, trust your gauges

https://youtu.be/6BCCqlZMhEw
Posted By: verns Re: scope anti cant levels - 05/24/20
257 That is very useful ! For the weight of the bubble and $30 that is a winner even if you only get one good poke at a sleeping coyote or wolf that gives you plenty of time to level up . Thanks
Originally Posted by verns
I need all the help I can get with my marksmanship . Thanks for your opinions and especially the tip on the level at EuroOptic. I was lost completely on the video .I have never used the levels before this AR with the scope so high ,probably not necessary if the cant was consistent .I I am trying to work out a load and once that is done it will be only field shooting with not much of a good rest .

Why don't you lower your scope? You keep saying it is too high. Buy a different mount. Like I said earlier, how far are you shooting? I shoot out to 450 yards all the time and don't need a scope leveling device. You must be shooting a damn long way with your AR... Are you a longrange competitor? I can see maybe using one if you are shooting out to 1000 yards and during competition.
Posted By: verns Re: scope anti cant levels - 05/25/20
BSA ,I am definitely not into competitive shooting ! 400 is long poke for me .I have my scope high on purpose to get a good look and quick . I think $30 might help my me be get a little more fur . Thanks for your advise and I hope you pile up some of those nice pale coyotes this coming fall and winter .Now is the time for me to get the gear working well so I can hit those predators ! Thank you for your help
Posted By: NVhntr Re: scope anti cant levels - 05/25/20
Verns, PM sent
Posted By: Ray63 Re: scope anti cant levels - 05/26/20
Been using a vortex on my 280 AI for a while with no problems. Ray
Posted By: Tejano Re: scope anti cant levels - 05/27/20
I have a gyroscope mounted on mine works great, only weighs about five pounds.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: scope anti cant levels - 05/27/20
I just attach my anti-cant level whenever I feel the need......

[Linked Image from i26.photobucket.com]
Posted By: verns Re: scope anti cant levels - 05/28/20
Looks like we got some level headed shooters !
© 24hourcampfire