Home
Posted By: aheider Tikka Bottom Metal - OMR - 05/27/20
Pretty impressed with the aluminum bottom metal Oregon Mountain Rifle Company is offering for the Tikka. Fit and finish is superb. 2.4 ounces on my scale. The factory plastic bottom metal weighed in at 1 ounce. I like it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Have you compared this to a Mountain Tactical?
If so, which one do you like better?
Posted By: aheider Re: Tikka Bottom Metal - OMR - 05/27/20
Unfortunately I have not.
Looking at both websites , the OMR appears to be more substantial and has a cleaner look. I like that accessory.
Also for a comparison I like Thomas Gomez’s High Desert Tikka T3x bottom metal. I bought Atlas Werks, Mountail Tactical, and High Desert. I chose High Desert! Very clean and substancial! Well thought out!!!
Posted By: barm Re: Tikka Bottom Metal - OMR - 05/27/20
Nice upgrade.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Tikka Bottom Metal - OMR - 05/27/20
Isn't it a shame that you have to buy an aftermarket part in order to have a trigger guard that won't break? Plastic trigger guards are an abomination.
Posted By: aheider Re: Tikka Bottom Metal - OMR - 05/27/20
I do like the aluminum, but I’ve never had a tikka trigger guard/bottom metal break....
Posted By: CP Re: Tikka Bottom Metal - OMR - 05/27/20
Although I never have had an issue with any of the Tikka factory plastic parts, I wanted more room for my gloved trigger finger and found that Mountain Tactical’s bottom metal provided the solution.
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Isn't it a shame that you have to buy an aftermarket part in order to have a trigger guard that won't break? Plastic trigger guards are an abomination.

How many have you broken?
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock

Accepting crap just because you never broke one yet indicates you really don't value quality very much.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Tikka Bottom Metal - OMR - 05/27/20

Haven't broken any, but I almost bought a used Mossberg 500 at a local shop, until I noticed that the trigger guard had been broken in two places and glued back together. I once saw a video showing that they are more resilient than aluminum, but now I'm not so sure.

Produce a picture of a broken Tikka Trigger guard.

Haven't broken any, but I almost bought a used Mossberg 500 at a local shop, until I noticed that the trigger guard had been broken in two places and glued back together. I once saw a video showing that they are more resilient than aluminum, but now I'm not so sure.

Comparing pot metal to what Tikka uses for trigger guard material?
Originally Posted by aheider
I do like the aluminum, but I’ve never had a tikka trigger guard/bottom metal break....

I dont keep the plastic parts on a Tikka rifle long enough to find out, but a cheapo buddy of mine has hunted several Tikka T3's for years and has never had any trouble with the Plastikka parts including the plastic shroud....He dont baby his stuff like me, he could tear up a hammer 😁.......aheider, That is some nice looking bottom metal. Whats the price?.....Hb

This thread is about Tikka's not Mossbergs. I hunt my Superlite and use it but don't abuse it and no complaints with the "plastic" trigger guard.
I have more than a few Tikkas. I have had zero issues with the plastic parts. People who criticize them with zero experience crack me up. Shut yer yap unless you’ve been there, speculation helps in no way.

That said, if a gun owner wants to change components, for whatever reason, have at it. It’s your money.

P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I have more than a few Tikkas. I have had zero issues with the plastic parts. People who criticize them with zero experience crack me up. Shut yer yap unless you’ve been there, speculation helps in no way.

That said, if a gun owner wants to change components, for whatever reason, have at it. It’s your money.

P

I agree.

P

For whatever reason, I prefer metal over plastic bottom metal, even when the stock is plastic anyway. Probably just my OCD. I can only eat my Skittles by dumping them in my hand, sorting them by color and eating them one color at a time.
Posted By: aheider Re: Tikka Bottom Metal - OMR - 05/28/20
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Originally Posted by aheider

I dont keep the plastic parts on a Tikka rifle long enough to find out, but a cheapo buddy of mine has hunted several Tikka T3's for years and has never had any trouble with the Plastikka parts including the plastic shroud....He dont baby his stuff like me, he could tear up a hammer 😁.......aheider, That is some nice looking bottom metal. Whats the price?.....Hb

Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Tikka Bottom Metal - OMR - 05/28/20
No Tikkas here as yet, but I have a couple of Howas Minis and upgraded one with a hinged floorplate. Those allegedly can be broken pretty easily where the action screws go through. I can live with plastic if it's tough.

I am less thrilled with plastic stocks with the triggerguard molded in. UPS managed to break an entire chunk out of the guard on a Ruger American rimfire. They also bent a spring-steel cleaning rod, and just the other day damaged a couple of fiberglass rods in a bundle of twenty enough that I had to tape over the damage to keep from getting stabbed by the broken fibers.

Are there any flush magazines available for T3Xs?
Originally Posted by jackmountain

P

For whatever reason, I prefer metal over plastic bottom metal, even when the stock is plastic anyway. Probably just my OCD. I can only eat my Skittles by dumping them in my hand, sorting them by color and eating them one color at a time.

See, this is how you do it!

I prefer x over y, because that’s my preference.

Well done.

P
Posted By: GeoW Re: Tikka Bottom Metal - OMR - 05/28/20
Todays "plastic" ain't plastic.

g
Posted By: bosshoff Re: Tikka Bottom Metal - OMR - 05/29/20
Aren’t you the same guys that like Glocks? I mean, who doesn’t like Glocks? Also don’t 870’s also have plastic trigger housings? Anyone have one fail?
Originally Posted by bosshoff
Aren’t you the same guys that like Glocks? I mean, who doesn’t like Glocks? Also don’t 870’s also have plastic trigger housings? Anyone have one fail?

As do Benelli autoloaders.
© 24hourcampfire