Home
I was thinking about one of these:

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/big-gun-big-fun-shooting-worlds-largest-rifle-video/

😂😂😂
Go for it- let us know how it turns out.... wink
Yep, that'll work. I agree, let us know...
Laugh now. That elk armor is evolving fast. In 10 years, they'll have steel bones and Kevlar skin.
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm_gator
Laugh now. That elk armor is evolving fast. In 10 years, they'll have steel bones and Kevlar skin.

Based on what most people here in SC and in GA hunt deer with, the whitetail has already evolved into that. Gonna be hell when the elk catch up!

I've anchored a couple of semi loads of elk with a .243 never had any trouble finding them, YMMV Rio7
I doubt shooting elk in Texas is like hunting in the other states...
Put it in a nice Micky Edge and that'd be just the ticket.
At 50 pounds it may get heavy by the end of the day.
Originally Posted by RIO7

I've anchored a couple of semi loads of elk with a .243 never had any trouble finding them, YMMV Rio7

Seems like I remember a post in which you mentioned putting one down with a .22-250. The only reason it stuck with me was that I was wondering if it was the rifle that you bought from me. blush
Originally Posted by sourdough44
At 50 pounds it may get heavy by the end of the day.

It's only 44 extra pounds...
That's some serious stunt shooting right there.
Probably better suited for coyotes.
I'd love to get behind that thing!!.....Extra paddin for the shoulder though .....What fun.........
Originally Posted by mudhen

Seems like I remember a post in which you mentioned putting one down with a .22-250. The only reason it stuck with me was that I was wondering if it was the rifle that you bought from me. blush

Ive shot two of them with a .223

Certainly not my first choice, but I wouldn't balk at a .243 ( Have killed elk with one of those too)
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter

Yeah especially since we have a chronic shortage of elk here in Texas.
Do you think that thing will fit in a lead sled?
laugh laugh
Hahaha have at it
25,000 ft/lbs
2,400 grain
240 gr powder
2100 fps
I'll pass.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
25,000 ft/lbs
2,400 grain
240 gr powder
2100 fps
I'll pass.

I guess the real question is how many elk could you anchor with the same round? 😂😇

Semi loads?
Mud hen that 22-250 I got from you, has killed elk, whitetail and impala, and more than a few pigs. but I don't own it any more I gave it a disabled vet,he really loves it. Rio7

WYO COYOTE HUNTER, I don't know how old you are, but I was killing elk in the Colorado, Wyoming, in the early 1950s I doubt you were born yet. Rio7

Dillon buck, YEH RIO7
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter

Texas does have free range elk in West Texas,unlike Wyoming that has a lot of public land,it's all on large private ranches.I'd love to hunt this place,but I'm sure it's expensive and they have some really nice bulls too. http://www.sproulranch.com/hunting_2013.asp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_u1TRvNYWc
Also a lot of elk on high fenced places in Texas.They are not considered as game animals in Texas and can be hunted anytime of the year.Living in Texas,it's cheaper for me to hunt elk in Texas than it would be to go out of state to kill one.
I would be concerned with penetration if you hit bone. Heart, lung should work.
Originally Posted by KEVIN_JAY
I would be concerned with penetration if you hit bone. Heart, lung should work.

Yah, that bullet looks pretty fragile for REAL elk.
408 cheytac hands down
© 24hourcampfire