Home
Posted By: lhead71 Nula 260 So far so good - 06/07/20
I finally made it to the range for a super quick sight in today. It was windy here, about 15mph angling into wind from 11 o'clock. I only brought one reload with me to try and it was good. I fired 3 at 100 after getting it on paper with 2 shots. Then since it was hitting where I wanted, I shot to the 4 inch steel swingers at 400. I connected on every shot at 400. Needless to say I was happy and will probably just use this load as my WT load this season. I did not find the 2.5-8x Leupold to be lacking in anyway and I could see the hits at 400. Continue to be impressed with Melvins work.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: domit Re: Nula 260 So far so good - 06/08/20
if that does not get your heart going something got to be wrong.! please show pic. of the nula thanks. Domit!
Posted By: lhead71 Re: Nula 260 So far so good - 06/10/20
Had another quick range day to confirm the 120 gr NBT load and try a new 139 gr Scenar load. I have to say, this little rifle is a shooter, better than me.

As you can see, the load that went 0.69, went 0.81 with the nut behind the butt.

I fired 3 -120 NBT on the L hand dot first, 2 to 400 on steel, waited 5 min then back to 100 for 5 of each 139 gr scenar load 5 min in between, then to 400 with 3 more. I realized I had one more 120 gr NBT load and fired it at the same target and for a gun that had just fired 18 rounds with little cooling and was very hot, it placed it right back near the original group. Also, the vertical between both loads is very close for two bullet weights almost 20 gr apart from each other. Excellent performance in my book for a light #1 barrel in a lightweight rifle. There is a technique to shooting these ultralights and they show flaws real quickly in a shooters form, humbled me for sure. but then again just my .02.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Tom2506 Re: Nula 260 So far so good - 06/10/20
That! Is a keeper! Wow! I too would like to see pics of Melvin’s handy work.

Good shooting and good luck! Tom
© 24hourcampfire