Home
i am looking for a good varmint bullet for my 6.5 Creed mainly for coyotes and was wondering how the MatchKings performed on varmints. I have used a lot of Sierra bullets but never tried the MK. Sierra says they are thin jacketed. I just acquired the Creed and started loading for it. I am currently loading 120 grain Sierra PHs in but would like something lighter around 100 grains. Saw they make a 107 grain.
Forgot to mention that I am NOT saving the hides. I am looking for an explosive but accurate bullet.
I’ve personally been killing coyotes with SMKs for many years. Not what I’d call explosive, but since I started shooting the Tipped version of the matchking, I’ve had much better terminal performance. If you are looking for an explosive bullet, I’d look elsewhere. Hornady makes a factory 95gr vmax load for the 6.5 Creed. That would give you what you’re looking for.
95g V max is what you are looking for unless you can find the discontinued Sierra 85g HP. I know where there are some in Greenville SC.
I use the Sierra 100gr hpbt in a 260 rem 77mk2 Ruger. Very accurate but does damage. Don’t use if you want to use pelt. Coyote around my area are omly good for having fleas and ticks.
What JL said, except I shoot the 135 MK's.

95gr V-MAX

120gr TSX

123gr AMAX.
Sheriff's got it right.
© 24hourcampfire