Home
Posted By: laker Suppressor - 01/03/21
I’m looking at buying my first suppressor to put on a howa mini 223. Wanting to keep it lighter weight and keep the length down. What do you guys recommend?
Posted By: ackleydave Re: Suppressor - 01/05/21
I have a Banish 223 on my 22 hornet. Nice and light and very quiet. Sounds like a 22rf and it only weighs 9 ounces. Good luck, Dave
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Suppressor - 01/05/21
I also have a Banish 223. It's light and quiet.
Posted By: nimrod1949 Re: Suppressor - 01/05/21
I have a YHM Resonator with qd mounts. It works great but is relatively heavy. For your application I would look at direct thread and go ahead with a 30 cal can so you can use it on other rifles. For hunting consider something like the ga precision jager for the weight and length advantage.
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Suppressor - 01/05/21
Dead Air sandman s
Posted By: HalH Re: Suppressor - 01/06/21
Has anyone used the ones GAP designed for hunting rifles ?

Hal
Posted By: Lonny Re: Suppressor - 01/06/21
I'd look hard at the Silencerco Omega and the Thunder Beast Ultra 7. Both can handle the 30 cal stuff just as easily as the 223 and due to the titanium construction lightweight and around 6-7 inches long. I have the Omega really like it.

Once you use a suppressor, you'll want to thread other barrels. Having one suppressor that can cover several rifles saves you from buying another.

A suppressor makes shooting more fun.
Posted By: Fern Re: Suppressor - 01/09/21
Have you considered doing a form one with something like a solvent trap? Friend of mine did with couple of his and turn around time from ATF was about a month.
When I did mine it was like 9 months couple years ago
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Suppressor - 02/15/21
Ultra 7 6.5 Gen 2 would be awesome
Posted By: ltbball Re: Suppressor - 02/16/21
Silencerco omega
Posted By: chefcreed Re: Suppressor - 03/05/21
If you will use it on multiple platforms up to 300 RUM, Check out the Rugged Radiant. It has 2 length capabilities and is light weight. It comes with one brake mount. I run it in short version on a Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel with a #1 barrel and full and short on a custom Heavy Barrel .308. Put a Rugged flash hider mount on Howa due to smaller threads and no brakes available at the time, but easy to move back and forth. The new Thunderbeast Dominus looks bada$$ for a lightweight can.
Posted By: Muffin Re: Suppressor - 03/05/21
It's not the shortest on the block, but it is good for everything UP to 300 Win Mag

SilencerCo Harvester 300 https://silencerco.com/silencers/harvester/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: frank500 Re: Suppressor - 03/05/21
Wyoming arms 5 squared. Five inches long, five ounces and it’s a solvent trap. Do a form one, mine took exactly one month.
Posted By: JPro Re: Suppressor - 03/05/21
What are your impressions on that 5 squared? Was your Form 1 completed in recent months? Thanks
Posted By: frank500 Re: Suppressor - 03/05/21
Did the efile January 27th. Got the pdf February 28th.
I have finished it yet, I shall report my findings
Posted By: HalH Re: Suppressor - 03/08/21
ABSuppressors are short and lightweight .

Hal
© 24hourcampfire