Home
Posted By: Sgt5 Predator Light - 01/18/21
Hey guys I need a little advice on a coyote light best for the money type thing would prefer a red removable lens, scope mounted , pressure switch , shots will be under 200 yards.
Any advice is welcome , thanks Sarge
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: Predator Light - 01/18/21
I think wicked lights are about as good as it gets.
Posted By: Sgt5 Re: Predator Light - 01/19/21
I will check them out.
Thanks......Sarge
Posted By: Judman Re: Predator Light - 01/19/21
Sarge, here’s the one I run, happy so far.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: dale06 Re: Predator Light - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
I think wicked lights are about as good as it gets.

Agree
Posted By: Sgt5 Re: Predator Light - 01/21/21
Was wanting one that mounts to the scope , but FoxPro got good reviews.

Thanks
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: Predator Light - 01/21/21
I'm near somerset. If you get over this way, your welcome to check out my wicked light set up. I've got one mounted and one hand held. Just thought I'd offer since your not that far away.
Posted By: dantheman223wssm Re: Predator Light - 01/21/21
Sniper hog light for me
Posted By: styckbow Re: Predator Light - 01/26/21
I’ve tried a couple and settled on Wicked Lights. Good luck.
Posted By: Hal4son Re: Predator Light - 04/02/21
I have two of the Sniper Hog lights, both take the same batteries. I have a 66 mounted to a .243 and a 38 mounted to a 12 gauge. Around here my average shot on coyotes with the 243 is between 180-220 yards. The 66 works great for that. I'm tempted to pick up one of their Coyote Cannons but the downside is that it uses a different battery. I'm running white light on everything.

https://sniperhoglights.com/gun-mounted-lights/
Posted By: longshot3 Re: Predator Light - 04/10/21
Sniper Hog lights for me. I have the 66 LRX, and couldn't be happier.
Posted By: JustLucky Re: Predator Light - 04/21/21
I have a hand held one that is not as fancy. It has a red cover and 2 intensities. 900 lumens. Is is called Fatmax and the brand is Stanley. It was about $50. Use jt every night letting the dogs out. My lab just can’t understand that skunks don’t like to play.
Posted By: JustLucky Re: Predator Light - 05/15/21
That $50 spot light worked again. Not the handiest to hold while trying to shoot, but good enough. One less skunk. Thanks to Stanley spot lights. I have not seen anything out there any better. Save a couple of hundred bucks and go to your local hardware store.
Posted By: Hal4son Re: Predator Light - 06/19/21
Originally Posted by Hal4son
I have two of the Sniper Hog lights, both take the same batteries. I have a 66 mounted to a .243 and a 38 mounted to a 12 gauge. Around here my average shot on coyotes with the 243 is between 180-220 yards. The 66 works great for that. I'm tempted to pick up one of their Coyote Cannons but the downside is that it uses a different battery. I'm running white light on everything.

https://sniperhoglights.com/gun-mounted-lights/

Coming back to this. I've since added a Coyote Cannon the list. It is brighter than the 66 & 38. There is a bigger difference in light output between the Cannon & 66 than the 66 & 38. If I could only have one, I'd go with a 66. It weighs quite a bit less than the Coyote Cannon. I prefer the push button on/off switch on the 66 to the dial on the Cannon.
Cost is less and the 66 puts out enough usable light for the 200 yard shooting that I typically get. That said, I'm keeping the Cannon and it has found a place mounted on my primary coyote shooter.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Predator Light - 06/20/21
Another vote for Sniper Hog lights.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Predator Light - 06/24/21
I've had good luck with the kill light. I have a red and a green and use green mostly because it reaches out further.
Posted By: Sheister Re: Predator Light - 06/28/21
If you have a chance, watch the youtube series on night hunting by "Night Crew" . Great footage of night hunting and those guys use white lights almost exclusively along with calls and seem to do quite well on critters...

Bob
Posted By: ConradCA Re: Predator Light - 07/04/21
I had a thought of a light that is legal to use in states where mounting lights on your gun is illegal.

Get a lantern that will throw a red light out 360 degrees.

Set up a tripod that can hold the lantern 4-6 feet up in the air.

Sit under the lantern, call and watch for eyes.

Simple and legal.
© 24hourcampfire