Home
Posted By: ingwe The latest cat. - 11/13/21
From DEEP southwest Texas. Came to the call literally in 30 seconds. .17 Remington and 25 Gr Hornady Vmax.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Raferman Re: The latest cat. - 11/13/21
Nice cat.
Posted By: TheKid Re: The latest cat. - 11/13/21
Nice camo! Did the Vmax exit? I’ve not yet used the 25s though I have some. The 20s I used would not exit red foxes but let a little to be desired on coyotes.
Posted By: ingwe Re: The latest cat. - 11/13/21
Originally Posted by TheKid
Nice camo! Did the Vmax exit? I’ve not yet used the 25s though I have some. The 20s I used would not exit red foxes but let a little to be desired on coyotes.

I shot the cat standing head on in the chest, the 25 Vmax did not exit. I shot a couple fox with it and a pretty full load, and it made a mess of them. Between you and me, Im going back to a lighter load and the 20 Vmax for cats and fox, as Im sure it will work on a cat and not damage any fur. You are right on coyotes though....Id be using something else given the chance. We hardly ever call coyotes, as I dont target them unless landowners requests, and where we hunt in Texas there aren't many of them anyway.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: The latest cat. - 11/13/21
Nice cat Ingwe!

I'm going to PM you soon, I need some info on a TX safari and you certainly have been putting in some time down there
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: The latest cat. - 11/13/21
Nice !!!
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: The latest cat. - 11/13/21
Nice!! Good work..
Posted By: saddlering Re: The latest cat. - 11/14/21
Great cat! Congrads
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: The latest cat. - 11/15/21

Nice!

What call and light did you use?
Posted By: ingwe Re: The latest cat. - 11/15/21
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Nice!

What call and light did you use?

The call was fox pro bay bee cottontail..we must have woke that cat up, it came in during the first 30 seconds of calling.The light was an early Foxpro Fireye...red.
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: The latest cat. - 11/15/21

Cool. Thanks.
Posted By: Osky Re: The latest cat. - 11/21/21
Beauty. 30 seconds says to me you boys like to ease in and set up quiet. An incredibly important part of a successful varmint expedition.
Congrats.
Osky
Posted By: ingwe Re: The latest cat. - 11/21/21
Originally Posted by Osky
Beauty. 30 seconds says to me you boys like to ease in and set up quiet. An incredibly important part of a successful varmint expedition.
Congrats.
Osky

You got that right but still...30 seconds is an anomaly. Prior to this the quickest cat came in at 8 minutes flat. Most take 30+ minutes, and even at that you have to work them in sometimes for another half hour before a good shot is presented. The buggers seem to like to stop, hide and watch from behind a screen of brush.
Posted By: texken Re: The latest cat. - 12/04/21
you got that right
© 24hourcampfire