Home
I’m try to sell mind and it must be priced to high at $1000. It’s in great shape, only 100 rounds fired and 100% factory. 26 inch heavy barrel
What’s a fair price in this market, one owner gun.
Appreciate your help
I’d look around the web and see what they are bringing. Are you talking VS as in varmint synthetic or VS as in varmint special ?

The old Varmint Specials were essentially 700BDL’s with a bull barrel. 24” long. I’d say it would be worth a few Benjamin’s more than a Later varmint synthetic.

Just my .02. I don’t think you’re far out of line with that price but I think it would sell at $750-850.

Good luck with the sale.
Thank you Ben, I appreciate your help.
Is this the "current" VS .. varmint stainless? 26" fluted barrel and synthetic stock? If so I bought mine new for about $900 2 years ago. Asking $100 more than brand new probably isn't going to get you many takers. 100 rounds down the barrel .. maybe $750. I wouldn't spend quite that much on a used gun unless I could handle it first so it depends on whether you're doing an in-person sale or trying to see it on the net.

Tom
VS=Varmint Synthetic.

Here is a pic the OP sent me. Older rifle, believe these were an HS stock.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Great guns- I have one in .22-250 and it’s a shooter. They are HS Precision stocks on these guns.
Had/have one of those in a 220 Swift. I shot the you know what out of it. Finally fried the barrel and it’s now a 22-250 AI. I would buy yours if I didn’t already own a 5R stainless and a PSS in 223. I think you can easily get $850 for it; at least around here you could.
There’s one at LGS in 22/250, in very good condition, priced at $779. It’s been there many months.
Originally Posted by dale06
There’s one at LGS in 22/250, in very good condition, priced at $779. It’s been there many months.

Wouldn't last a week around here at that price.
Seems like right now, the heavy barrel guns are slow in selling compared to shorter versions.
© 24hourcampfire