Home
Posted By: Moses Electronic Coyote call? - 08/16/22
ICOtech 320 $175 or ICOtech 300 $100. Only difference is the wiggly tail. Is the tail worth $75 more?
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Electronic Coyote call? - 08/16/22
I got the ICOTech 350 call/decoy combo. The 320 and 300 have fixed calls and AFAIK know you can't customize them. You can with the 350. It comes with a sim card with 24 sounds pre-loaded. ICOtech's website has many more that you can download and put on a card. Or you can make your own sounds and save them as MP3s and load those to the card.

https://www.amazon.com/Icotec-GC350-24-Programmable-Remote-Electronic/dp/B00GO7IRCG?ref_=ast_sto_dp

So far I like it. The remote works from 300 yards per their literature, and I've tested it at over 100 yards and it works well. And you can crank up the volume very loud. The decoy attachment is pretty heavy and is attached to the call in place of the call's battery cover.

I haven't hunted with it yet, but it functions well.
Posted By: erich Re: Electronic Coyote call? - 08/16/22
I don't think the wiggly tail is worth it. I like decoy's, they can focus the incoming predators attention. BUT I find they are much more effective if they can be seen from a distance and there is usually too much brush where I hunt to use a decoy on the caller and much prefer a seperate decoy unless you are hunting large, short grass fields or snow covered areas.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Electronic Coyote call? - 08/17/22
I’ve killed a few coyotes that I don’t think I would have killed without a wiggly decoy. If you hunt in areas where that moving decoy can be seen from a distance, I’d get the decoy.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Electronic Coyote call? - 08/17/22
Depends on the terrain and cover. I know I've had multiple yotes hang up on an open set because of no visual enticement. Other places a wiggly would never be seen for ground cover. I have one now and use it at every set. Rather not need it and be using it anyways than need it and not be using it.
Posted By: Osky Re: Electronic Coyote call? - 09/08/22
On windy days I still use my fusion, the wiggly sometimes. I like to stay out of site as much as possible on the set up so when I use the caller it’s in pretty bushy (low) areas so like other guys have said it’s not optimally visual.
It does however really bring the raptors in tighter, that visual may be worth it?

Osky
Posted By: TWR Re: Electronic Coyote call? - 09/08/22
I’ve had more coyotes turn around and run from a wiggly decoy than run to it. Now I carry a turkey feather on a string and that’s it.

That’s not to say that I haven’t had coyotes kick it up a gear and run straight for it cause I’ve seen that a few times.
© 24hourcampfire