[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Benjamin with the first Jackrabbit of the year
Originally Posted by huntsman22
first coon of 2023...

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Which suppressor?
banish
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/01/23
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_0357 by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
I smacked this bitch right in the face last night when we interrupted her chasing some deer in a field!

Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/02/23
Damn, I haven't shot anything but paper all year! cry
A little frosty out there in Deer Trail , from the looks of that coon!
Originally Posted by ingwe
Damn, I haven't shot anything but paper all year! cry

Me neither. Like to think I'm pacing myself
17 hornet?
17 WSM
Very cool.
My boy wanted to prove he could shoot his .204 just as well as the ol man last night. 168 yard shot with 39gr BlitzKing and BangFlop was the result!

Originally Posted by RickyBobby
My boy wanted to prove he could shoot his .204 just as well as the ol man last night. 168 yard shot with 39gr BlitzKing and BangFlop was the result!

Good shooting.
That 204, 39 grain BK is a coyote smashing SOB.

Rifle particulars??
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Rifle particulars??

White Oak 24” uppers and we built the lowers ourselves … nothing special on the lowers … Larue triggers. Sightmark Wraith NV scopes with Sniper Hog Lights for IRs. We scan with AGM thermal monocular. Love to buy us a couple thermal riflescopes as well but can’t justify the price for just a handful of coyotes every year.
First calling spot of the year. Then the big male that came in. And my son with the bunny.

Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/23/23
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here's a pair

<[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And another pair Rio7
dead coyote wayTF out there. Too far for me to want to trudge thru all that snow to go get him.....
Off the back porch this evening using my .204 WOA upper and night vision ….

Posted By: TheKid Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/25/23
Been a slow year so far around here. Only varmint I’ve shot since the 1st. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/25/23
One less rooter. They have been slow around here as well. Not much action on cell-cams for January, as our pigs are usually getting hungry about now.
Posted By: TWR Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/25/23
Not much time anymore but I had to go before work today. Peewee Critr call still works.
Posted By: GregW Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/26/23

Posted By: SLM Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/26/23
Nice, called or target of opportunity?

Congrats.
Originally Posted by GregW

I’d call that an apex critter, and pretty sure you done the deer herd a favor!!!😳👍
Posted By: GregW Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/26/23
Targeting called....

6'11"...
Very nice Greg.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/26/23

NICE!

Thats a good sized lion!

Score!
Luv’n all the cats getting killed lately.
That is pretty bad azz. Nice job.
Nice Greg !!!
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/26/23
Congrats Greg. Nice one!
That cat is a bruiser, congrats.
Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/26/23
That's one Big Ass Cat. Congrats, good job.
Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/26/23
dead coyote wayTF out there. Too far for me to want to trudge thru all that snow to go get him.....

huntsman22, What scope are you looking through there? Nice shot.
Nice cat! Hunts that scope looks like something that a Navy Seal Sniper would use!
LRHS
We've been doing a lot of coon calling this year. It's the most fun I've had in a long time.

How do I get the pic to be larger? I'm using www.postimage.com
Posted By: GregW Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/27/23
Thanks fellas. Crazy it happened.

Been a great year overall...
Those look pretty fully grown. Boars?
Posted By: TWR Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/28/23
GregW, congrats on the cat!

I’m sure the rest of us would love to hear the story.
Originally Posted by DIRTBAG
How do I get the pic to be larger? I'm using www.postimage.com

Copy "hot links for forums "
Posted By: VernAK Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/28/23
Damn!

Those coons are really furred!
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/29/23
This was walking down hard road just before dark last night thought it was a Jack Rabbit, at 200 yrds,till it turned to look back, bad mistake. Rio7

Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/29/23
Thats a pretty cat!
Dang I thought I busted alot of fur but Rio doesn't mess around. Stacking them up. Quail eating sob. Nice work. Keep it up.
Rio, I can’t believe how covered up in not only varmints, but the deer too in your neck of the woods!
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/29/23
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20230116_172151727 by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]

too old to have to work this hard for coyotes. Been almost 20 years since I had to break out the snowshoes.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20230127_074816182_HDR by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]

not all get a ride. Killed a couple like this.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20230127_141057173 by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
You did that one a favor
UGLY!!!! Rio7
Stinker !!

Female in heat, had to spin in a big Cactus, had to pick her up by the tail. Rio7
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/30/23

#4 Buck works for me. Rio7

Two are better than one. Rio7
Windfall, This place is just a big lunch bucket for Predators, Lots Of Deer.

Coyote 10, About all i do anymore is hunt predators, can't kill them sitting in the house. Rio7
Couple more coons here...these 2 came to the call across a road and nearly on top of each other. Damn fun to watch. A lot of the bigger ones have actually been sows, but I did have one big boar earlier this year that was about 26lbs.

This one went 26lbs. Lone boar that came out of a big brush pile growling and pissed off.

That's cool.
Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/31/23
Those are some big azz coons. That looks like fun, I'm gonna have to give it a try. Lots of coons on our lease. I never heard of anybody calling them in around my area. from your pic's, looks like they come to a call pretty good.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/31/23
I get 2-4 Coons a week while hunting Coyotes, never weighed one but i mine are much smaller than Dirt Bags. Rio7
I was fixing to say those coons are as big as coyotes. And they dang near are.
Originally Posted by Coyote10
I was fixing to say those coons are as big as coyotes. And they dang near are.

You're right! I've been in on the trapping of maybe 200 'coons in TN, LA, AR and TX. Only one of those 200 was as big as the 'coons Dirt Bag is killing regularly. Those are some monsters! And I've never seen a 'coon so well-furred.

RS
Thanks Fellas!

I'm in NWKS and we had some really cold weather come through and they furred up fast! Seems like most of the time the sow comes out pissed off and ready to fight. Sometimes the younger ones will too, but other times they will run up another tree or disappear back in the den tree. The fur buyers don't like them when they are killed with a shotgun, but that's what works.

We turn on the call (coon distress #2 on the Lucky Duck call), wait 3-5 minutes and if they are there, they will peek a few times, get nervous, and either come down tree and run straight to the call, or screw around on the tree and go up and down a few times. We don't normally shoot them on the tree....we like to see them come down and run across the ground. It seems more sporting that way.

Also from my experience...You may call some really good looking den trees and never see a coon. I read once that coons can have up to 15 different dens. But when you find the right one its a pretty cool experience. Multiples happen a lot, and sometimes they will come from the damnedest places! Also I have had really good luck with brush piles...the older the better. We called one giant pile that had 8-10 coons in it. When we started calling they all started fighting with each other and making a helluva racket! 2 eventually came screaming out across the ground to the call.

Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/31/23
Coons are big time Predators on our Quail and Quail nests, we try to kill all we see but trapping them works better for me. Rio7
These were trapped, but they're dead critters in 2023 anyhow...

Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/01/23
NICE Tinman!
Posted By: TheKid Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/01/23
Kilt 5 of these varmints on my drive home yesterday evening. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/01/23
T-Man, I would like to get a Wolverine, but they are few and far between in South Texas, Good Job.Rio7
Kid, Hogs are a little more plentiful in South Texas, than Wolverines, Kill all you can we need all the help we can get. Rio7
Cold Wet Crappy morning, perfect for calling critters, i know people that call his Moose hunting weather, we are short on Moose here, so Coyotes and Coon's will have to do. Rio7

DIRTBAG, Has turned me into a Coon Caller. Rio7
RIO,

What load are you running through that AR that is killing all those critters, big and small?

RS
RipSnort, 55 gr S.P. works well. Rio7
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/01/23
those wolverines are just bad to the bone.
Tiny is a monster....

or crazy.

Love,
Vinny
Originally Posted by TheKid
Kilt 5 of these varmints on my drive home yesterday evening. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Portable rifle rest?
Originally Posted by T_Inman
These were trapped, but they're dead critters in 2023 anyhow...

Baddass!!!
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/02/23

This guy is old enough to Vote. Rio7
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/02/23
Originally Posted by RIO7
This guy is old enough to Vote. Rio7

And now that he's dead hes a registered democrat ...ready to vote!
I don't care how the heck you got a wolverine. Car, bullet, trap, golf club to the head, that is the schitt.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/02/23
ingwe, I put him where the people that register Dimorats will find him, Coyote Heaven. Rio7
DIRTBAG, Has turned me into a Coon Caller. Rio7

YESSS! Its a blast!! LOL
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/02/23
ingwe, I put him where the people that register Dimorats will find him, Coyote Heaven. Rio7

Thats kind of an insult, dont you think? The smartest democrat isn't on par with the dumbest coyote. I feel sorry for the coyote that has to spend eternity with democrats!
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/03/23
ingwe, Sorry

I meant Won't Find him, not will find, Brain Fart. Rio7
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/03/23
ingwe, Sorry

I meant Won't Find him, not will find, Brain Fart. Rio7

Good! I like coyotes and I hate to think of them having to mingle with common retards, even in the afterlife. grin
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/04/23
Been seeing this Cat's tracks and Scat for a couple of months, tried calling her 2-3 times No-Joy,
This evening was beautiful cool no wind, so what the hell I'll try again, she came out at about 60 yrds and sat down behind a prickly pear no shot, could see parts of her in my scope waited about 5-7 min. and she took 2 steps more and sat down again,now I could see her DRT nice female. Rio7

I do not believe there is a coyote or bobcat left around here. I'm not even seeing fresh tracks.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/04/23
JamesJr, If you are not seeing Scat And Tracks they are not there, every thing on this Earth leaves tracks. Rio7
Tonight

Very nice! Lots of venison for the family. As I see you are not living in an overcrowded area. Congrats for that, too.
Originally Posted by ElmerKeith

Very nice! Lots of venison for the family. As I see you are not living in an overcrowded area. Congrats for that, too.
That there is a wild hog. No venison.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/06/23
Originally Posted by ElmerKeith

That there is a wild hog. No venison.

Lots of folks, besides Americans regard the meat of any wild ungulate as venison. It doesn't apply to just deer.
👍🏿
Learn something new every day.
👍🏿
Learn something new every day.

+1

RS
You can call a wild pig venison but that term went out long ago. Is a pigs azz pork.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/07/23

2 Coons came in this morning got this one didn't get a very good picture, this ones Blind in both eye's he was following the other Coon, I missed the first one high.

Got the Coyote on the next Stand. Rio7
Entered a local coyote/cat/coon/crow calling contest this past weekend. We called one up on the first stand but he hung up a ways out. My partner took a shot but missed high. We then went on an epic dry streak and didn't see another critter until about 3pm. We called 3 young coons up in a tree but they wouldn't come out. Hit a virgin piece of ground a bit later and was able to get a few to play the game. These 2 were really young and small. Didn't seem like there were many older or larger coons in this property.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/08/23

A lot of traffic on the Ranch Roads this Morning, I thinned it out some. Rio7
Entered a local coyote/cat/coon/crow calling contest this past weekend. We called one up on the first stand but he hung up a ways out. My partner took a shot but missed high. We then went on an epic dry streak and didn't see another critter until about 3pm. We called 3 young coons up in a tree but they wouldn't come out. Hit a virgin piece of ground a bit later and was able to get a few to play the game. These 2 were really young and small. Didn't seem like there were many older or larger coons in this property.
Shotgun all of your called coons? Looks like Nitro Mags in the buttstock carrier in other pics.

Assume #4s?
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/09/23

Manny and Rosa, ranch hand and wife, lost a small Goat, and then Their Chickens started to disappear, asked me to come look,
Cat tracks out side the Chicken pen, set a Snare and a couple of foot holds, got the cat and a coon last night, reset see what i get in the next few days. 2 Coyotes and other Coon, called in on North Ranch Rio7
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/09/23
Dirt Bag,

Always wanted to enter a Predator contest, but there aren't any close to us, up North there's some real big contests, that pay big money, $ 100,000.00 for the biggest Coyote, the same for the biggest Bobcat, Biggest Pig, Most Pigs, lots of Sponsor Money. Rio7
Thank you for the information about venison/wild pork. Even the meat of game birds, rabbits and hare ist called venison over here. Of course we use the term "Wild" or wild meat/Wildfleisch.
Shotgun all of your called coons? Looks like Nitro Mags in the buttstock carrier in other pics.

Assume #4s?

Yep #4's....I'm not picky though. I do run a Carlson's Coyote choke....It's designed for 4 buck and other buckshot, but it patterns well with #4's, just a little low. I have to remember to "cover them up" on the longer shots.
Dirt Bag,

Always wanted to enter a Predator contest, but there aren't any close to us, up North there's some real big contests, that pay big money, $ 100,000.00 for the biggest Coyote, the same for the biggest Bobcat, Biggest Pig, Most Pigs, lots of Sponsor Money. Rio7

This one was just a local one that the Archery Club puts on. It draws in some good teams, but the payback isn't big by any stretch. I always enjoy the BSing and the check-ins and seeing what everyone else got.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/11/23
Got a Coon and a Small Skunk At Manny and Rosa's Chicken pen with traps, then went about 2 miles west to Santa Elena windmill and called in 2 Coyotes 1 was a big female very pregnant, other young, wind blowing 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph couldn't hear my caller so gave it up. Rio7

DIRTBAG,

Ranch hands and me had a contest a while back 3 of them against me, for lunch at the local greasy Spoon Mexican joint, I got 11 Coyotes they got 7, and I rubbed it in pretty hard and ate all I could, only contest I have been in. but we had a lot of fun. Rio7

Assume #4s?

Yep #4's....I'm not picky though. I do run a Carlson's Coyote choke....It's designed for 4 buck and other buckshot, but it patterns well with #4's, just a little low. I have to remember to "cover them up" on the longer shots.
Headed out Sunday AM to try for some coons if it isn't too windy.
I like that Blue isn’t saddled to just one gun.

🦫
Beaver 10, I change guns every time the wind changes, try to enjoy everyone, what the Hell that's what I have them for. Rio7
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/12/23
Cold this morning very light wind, hunted till noon, made 4 stands screwed around with Bobcat for over a hour finally go a shot, nice female, as so got a Coyote on last stand young male. Rio7

What the heck.........may as well show #3 for the year.

My mature boar streak that I had been on ended at 6....as I caught this decent sized female yesterday. 38" from nose to (sans hair) tail.
Nice T.
Man....Rio7 you are a machine! Great work!
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/14/23
T-Man, Your Wolverines are cool as HELL!! Rio7
Thanks Rio.

They're really rewarding. A LOT of work and even at $500-$550 a pop, I won't be making any kind of a profit compared to the fuel money I spend, but I enjoy trapping them anyhow.
T-Man, If I was hunting & Trapping Predators for money I would have starved years ago. Rio7
Posted By: JDinCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/14/23
Technically, if you trap and sell pelts, you are in business, even if you only sell one pelt. Hook up with a accountant to learn about the book keeping needed and what you can claim as expenses to show profit and loss on your tax returns. When I was doing it you had to actually earn a profit in 5 years to continue doing so. A way to make your hobby less financially painful.
JD, I my case i hunt and trap Predators for just that Predator Control, Predators get about 50% of our Fawns and Exotics fawns and calves, plus about 40% of our game birds nests and chicks, most Predator hides in South Texas are not the Quality fur buyers want and not worth skinning. Rio7
Originally Posted by JDinCO
Technically, if you trap and sell pelts, you are in business, even if you only sell one pelt. Hook up with a accountant to learn about the book keeping needed and what you can claim as expenses to show profit and loss on your tax returns. When I was doing it you had to actually earn a profit in 5 years to continue doing so. A way to make your hobby less financially painful.

Last winter I saved all my receipts for fuel, scents, new traps and a bunch of other things I could relate to it, as well as the receipt for what fur I did sell, down to my accountant. They said unless I made X profit, or lost X amount (or something along those lines it---can't remember the specifics) it wasn't worth even mentioning on my taxes. They didn't even look at my figures, as when I gave a rough estimate, they said I wasn't even close enough to making it worth the trouble.
I didn’t draw out on anything this year and had nowhere to hunt but I thought I’d brag on my buddy. I can’t remember what rifle that is with the coyote. For comparison with the snake, he’s 5’8”.

Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/15/23
It's about time for the pigs to start getting a little more active here, as the river bottoms are getting some water and the acorns are all but gone. Left a treat of soured corn and fruit punch powder on Sunday and this guy was nibbling on it by Monday morning. He came back at dusk Monday evening with some bros and wiped it out.

He made the mistake of coming back again at dusk yesterday (fair bit of fog), although he was solo. A 129 Interlock in the neckbone ended his Valentines Day. No need at that time to employ the green light or the thermal scanner, but the illuminated Forceplex reticle was rather helpful.

Dang nice tushes!

RS
Posted By: TheKid Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/15/23
Nice pig Jpro. This being a hunting forum he has to weigh at least 375lb. And you probably should have had a 45/70 to shoot him with. 😁
Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/15/23
375 internet pounds is probably about 210-220 hands-on pounds, as best I could guestimate. I like it when they drop right in the lane, so you can simply run a strap through a hock and drag them out with the SxS.

As an aside, there was a shooting on the Refuge that joins my place about 10 days back. Story goes that two guys took hog dogs after a boar (not legal on Refuge) and the boar got one of the guys down with tushes working on his groin/inner thigh. Other guy panicked and shot the hog-wrangler through the upper arm and upper leg with a 17HMR FMJ. We were watching lots of blue and red lights head off down the badass muddy road to get to them. Guy had his pants all cut up by tushes and several extra holes in his arm/leg, but he lived. Not sure if they got the boar or not. Lol....
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/15/23
Put a snare at Manny's Chicken pen, thought I would get another Bobcat?? this Stinker don't look like a Bobcat or Smell like a Bobcat. Rio7

Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/16/23

This one has been in a Hell of fight scars all over his head left eye poked out recently, wonder what the other one looked like?? Rio7
Nutria control program

Originally Posted by Mike70560
Nutria control program

Mike they have a bounty on them? What’s the best to slow them up?
That looks like good shooting. Rio7
Mouser in the Hay Pasture, last evening

Another one. Rio7
Originally Posted by smallfry
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Nutria control program

Mike they have a bounty on them? What’s the best to slow them up?

The fur is no longer worth anything. They are not native and multiply like crazy. If you are participate the state run nutria control program the bounty is $6.00 per tail.

We will ride through the marsh in the airboat to find them. I use a 22LR to shoot them. Small targets that are moving and shooting from the boat makes for some fun practice.
Sounds like a hoot!
Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/16/23
Looks like a lot of offseason fun happening on this thread......
Good work Everyone! Going on a nutria shoot sounds like a bucket list hunt for me.
I have a friend that lives in Houma, La. that hunts the hell out of Nutria, i have been invited many times but have never gone, maybe i'll go this year, looks like a lot of fun. Rio7
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Sounds like a hoot!

You ain't kidding! Nice work on the vermin guys!
Rio, you must have a dead critter grave yard that is huge. I could bury one occasionally, but you stack them up every day!
Windfall, I hunt every day about 8 months of the year, some day's i don't get anything some day's i kill the hell out of Predators, I am addicted to predator hunting, and Trapping. and have a big area to myself to hunt and trap. just lucky I guess. Rio7
Out checking water this morning, see dirt flying out in the road, what the hell is that?? drove up to about 10 ft away, and the critter looked at me like go away i'm busy, so i shot him. Rio7

That Ruger has seen its share of use!

RS
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/17/23
Ripsnort, My Ruger .22 is beat up from riding in my Jeep for over 25 years, it quit shooting last year??

Kaywoodie and Ed to many letters, tore it down and did their magic on it and got it running again,

It's killed a couple of dump truck loads of critters over the years,and still shoots better than I can if I use good Ammo. been thinking about buying a new one but don't know why??

Rio7
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/19/23

Hunting heavy Black brush Shotgun works Great !! Rio7

Nasty smelly Mange Rio7
No pic as I didn't carry my phone this morning. 1 sow coon came to the call.

10 gauge Federal Premium #5 did the trick.
10 GA.

You got her that's what counts. Rio7
Yep, hopefully save a few turkey eggs.
Posted By: TheKid Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/19/23
What kind of 10bore were you shooting? I have a 26” SP10 thats hell on waterfowl but I haven’t shot it in years.
BPS.

Got it for HS graduation. Gave it to my buddies boy last year. I killed a little bit of everything with it in 29 years I had it.

Killed a lot of turkeys with it that could have been shot with a .410.
Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/19/23
I was at the house yesterday when Camera #2 pinged. The family units will often linger, so jumped in the Mule for a mad dash and then made a quick hike. They'd left already but were circling back toward the camera, as I could hear them about 80yds into the woods. Managed to put a 77TMK on a sow with a nice "whump".

Didn't have time to fool with this one, so I drug her out for additional coyote bait to the pasture.

Was dropping her off when the phone pinged again from Camera #1, about 3/4mi away, but I didn't have a green light with me and dusk was rapidly approaching. Will go see if he and I can reconnect in an hour or two.

Glad you are the one to have those problems. Damn fun hunting but I don't wish those bastards on anybody.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/22/23

Caught this Critter Chittin on my back porch. Rio7
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/22/23

Pregnant female came to a Howl. Rio7
Must be coyote breeding season because I looked out the window this morning and saw one in the field behind my house. Grabbed the .270win, stepped out on the front porch and peeked around the corner of the house. Here came at least 4 of them straight towards me. I could tell it must have been a hot female they were chasing. She stopped at about 60 yards from the house and I dropped her. The second in line took off across the field right to left and I rolled him at 115 steps. That shot is definitely up there with my all time best.

Buzzards got to them before I could get a picture.
How frigging long before you thought about a pic?
Very hungry buzzards.
Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/27/23
Brother and I went out last night and sat a while on a hot spot. Had a sounder come in about an hour after dark. He'd never shot a hog before, and thought it was cool to get it done with digital night vision (Wraith) on a suppressed AR-10. I enjoyed watching it happen through the thermal handheld monocular. He hit her with a typical lung shot you'd make on a deer, which is a touch far back on a hog, but the plus side was that she ran nearly right up to where we'd parked the Mule on the woods road. A 10yd drag is a good thing grin

Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 02/27/23
Very hungry buzzards.

He must've cut it open. I've read that buzzards find them faster if ya cut em open, otherwise they won't hardly touch em.
Yep. Moment of Truth pic from last night. Onside foreleg was trailing a bit, which often causes point of aim to be a bit far rearward. Fun to be able to record such things.

Snares, or you guys see many skunks out and about in the daylight?
cage trap

Nice grips and a fine looking revolver!

Guy
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/01/23

This guy was hopping across the pasture broken right front leg, not his lucky day. Rio7
Not bad for a few hours of critter callin.

Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/10/23
Night hunting?? Good Job. Rio7
Night hunting?? Good Job. Rio7

Yes sir. Started at dark finally quit about 1am. Hunted a few contest but didn’t do much good this year. Only hunted 1 24 hour thank goodness. I don’t like the long day and all night especially if nothing is coming in.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/15/23

Black Brush real heavy so i went with the Shotgun, ruined this guy' day. Rio7
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/15/23
Looks like a drive by! laugh
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/16/23
ingwe,

Shot 2 but one ran into the brush and i couldn't get to him, crawling on my knees, this one DRT, Rio7
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/16/23
cool
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/19/23
Fatal case of Saturday Night Fever.

Both solo boars that suddenly had semi-regular evening schedules this past week (via cell-cam). I got there about dusk and was done two hours later.

Spotted with a thermal handheld and then shot with a Wraith IR/NV scope on an AR-10. Cheapo Norma Whitetail 150s.

Older boars, one of which had whittled down one side of his tushes, as well as an ear.

Give me a guesstimate on weight for each of those big boys.

Thanks, RS
Posted By: GreggH Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/20/23
J’ those are some nasty old boars. Congrats.

GreggH
Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/20/23
Originally Posted by RipSnort
Give me a guesstimate on weight for each of those big boys.

Thanks, RS

My guess would be, "a lot". (grin) Had to drag one about 10-15 yards, as he didn't afford me a neck shot. He was heavy enough. I keep a length of heavy nylon strap with HD carabiner clips on each end, as it works for hooking them up to the Mule, as well as being a pull-handle for dragging them out of the woods. It would sure be easier if they had antlers.

The last couple of large hogs I hung on a scale went 260 and 270lbs, but it has been a while. These guys had to be in that league or better, but I'm really not the best at gauging them.
Posted By: TheKid Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/20/23
You kidding Jpro, anywhere else on the innernets and those would be 4-500 pounders easy. Complete with bulletproof shields requiring hardcast 45/70 loads at a minimum. 😁

Good shooting. 👍
Likely true. wink

I’ve always found the .308 to be hell on pigs, even with plain cup/cores and body shots. That bullet impact “thwap” you get to hear when using a suppressor never gets old, that’s for sure.
Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/20/23
Man those are a couple of Bruisers. Nice job. I think I'm gonna have to get me a few cell cams.
Cell-cams definitely help when there's a change in movement patterns due to moon/weather and the 1AM hogs turn into 7-10PM hogs. I can't stay out all night! Lol.....
Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/20/23
That's exactly what I need. I shoot a few of them, but tired of trying to figure them out. Seems like they're always there when I'm not.

February photo of my two year old great grandson covering a chicken raiding coyote with his six shooter. His Dad killed the coyote a few minutes before with 12 gauge 3 inch magnum #4 steel bird shot.

This was a persistent coyote. Over the previous month it had tried five times to get into my grandson’s chickens, including trying to dig under the fence in three places. Grandson had seen it three times, and it killed and ate a neighbor’s chicken at midday. He tied up his dog, kept a shotgun handy, and slid open a window to shoot it one morning when the dog barked.

25 yard shot and the coyote made it 40 yards before expiring. Olympic Peninsula, WA. Short yearling male coyote in very good shape.
Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/21/23
That would be a full grown yote here.
I wish I had the opportunities for hogs and such that you guys have. I caught this groundhog grazing out of the back door. The CCI "supressor" 45 grain bullets are impressive.
Take care!
Rick[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]namiko name meaning
Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/25/23
I took my nephew out on his first pig hunt. He was able to connect with a couple.

Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/26/23
Looks like a good day in the woods right there. Two sows?
I visited another property last night, located about 5 miles from the house. Pigs have been rooting up practically every square foot of cleared area, including plots, roads, even our parking lot spot. So I set up a cell camera and a ground blind.

They showed up Friday night a bit after dark, so I made plans to be there Saturday night.

Slipped in there about 40 minutes before dark and set up with thermal and NV.

They rolled in about 9:30, raising all kind of hell. Could hear them coming a hundred yards out. Tried for a double, but there was just too much fighting and jumping around.

Left out with the alpha sow. Good use of a couple hours.

Originally Posted by RickinTN
I wish I had the opportunities for hogs and such that you guys have. I caught this groundhog grazing out of the back door. The CCI "supressor" 45 grain bullets are impressive.
Take care!
Rick[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]namiko name meaning

I’ve laid up a bunch of that ammo. Need to apply it to some coons, possums, and skunks.
Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/27/23
Originally Posted by JPro
I visited another property last night, located about 5 miles from the house. Pigs have been rooting up practically every square foot of cleared area, including plots, roads, even our parking lot spot. So I set up a cell camera and a ground blind.

They showed up Friday night a bit after dark, so I made plans to be there Saturday night.

Slipped in there about 40 minutes before dark and set up with thermal and NV.

They rolled in about 9:30, raising all kind of hell. Could hear them coming a hundred yards out. Tried for a double, but there was just too much fighting and jumping around.

Left out with the alpha sow. Good use of a couple hours.

Nice fat sow. When they come in like that things are pretty hectic. Tough to get a double. Good job.
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/28/23
went out yesterday for one last fling with the coyotes for the season. Love this time of year when they like to talk back.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20230326_085321214_HDR by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20230326_095757854_HDR by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20230326_141838172_HDR by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20230326_171906139 by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
shot this big guy a couple weeks ago. I almost hauled him home to get him tanned. Big Purdy son of a gun for March.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20230312_105406303_HDR by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 03/28/23
Wide open country right there. What are you shooting?
that be my .22 CM running 80 gr. Berger VLD.

They don't sneak up a guy out there very often.
TR
Mostly don't but sometimes. whistle
A little early but could not resist temptation any longer........shot 7 or 8 last night with the .223. Most around 250yds. Did offhand one at 80yds.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/01/23
The first of many you'll see from this weeks hunt...223 of course...

Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/02/23
OK might as well put this one in here too...

ingwe well done. How are the iron sights on your CZ. The rear sight seems real far foward.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/02/23
Originally Posted by driftless
ingwe well done. How are the iron sights on your CZ. The rear sight seems real far foward.

They are just fine and yes the rear sight is far forward, but it allows old eyes to focus on it better that way.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/02/23
Ingwe, Good Job, BUT!!

Mine are Uglier than yours.

Rio7
Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/02/23

Nice lineup right there. Looks like a fairly dry location. I’m used to pigs coated in mud.
Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/03/23

Nice lineup right there. Looks like a fairly dry location. I’m used to pigs coated in mud.

Here too. There needs to be water near by to have any pig action. When the water dry's up the pigs disappear. When the water comes back so do the pigs.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/03/23
Ingwe, Good Job, BUT!!

Mine are Uglier than yours.

Rio7

They've got better teeth for sure, but I'll have more pics to post, and they'll compete with your uglies.... laugh

Teaser pic: How's this one for ugly?

Super Grade 22 Hornet…

Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/03/23
ingwe, your pig is damn sure UGLY. Rio7
Hows this one for ugly?

Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/03/23
All those nice color patterns, you should make a full-length coat....
All those nice color patterns, you should make a full-length coat....

I might have to. All I can say is when I'm hunting don't show me a spotted pig or a blonde pig.... laugh

Jim, Did you kill that prickly pig with a Gun or a Axe?? Rio7

25 Paces with a .45 LC, just like in the Movies. Rio7
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/03/23
"just like in the Movies. Rio7", I watched some CLint Eastwood movies this weekend and I'm envisioning a pretty quick draw here grin
Jim, Did you kill that prickly pig with a Gun or a Axe?? Rio7

Got him with the little Sig 365xl.

25 Paces with a .45 LC, just like in the Movies. Rio7

Oh crap! Thats gonna be hard to beat! Especially a quick draw on a spotted pig! Never killed one with a handgun. Knives, yes, but not a handgun....
Carry my .45 LC in a shoulder rig, not a fast draw guy but hit what i'm shooting at once in awhile. Rio7
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Good eating. At least here in PA they are
Originally Posted by Bocajnala

This one was a young one. Pretty small.

I bet you would have to be hungry to eat one here. We dont have many very nice trees to eat.
You don’t shoot porcupines, you pick them up and make a pet out of them…

No pets for me.

Catching, sedating, and pulling quills from a 150 pound guard dog is fun enough!
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/05/23
Heres another from the week just past...big, ugly.

Originally Posted by Bocajnala

Yeah, my dogs seem to think so !

frown
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/06/23
ingwe

YEH !! That one is Damn sure UGLY Rio7
Jim , I'm not a fan of Porky's, I have pulled Quills out of my dogs, my horses, and a couple of cows, not fun to deal with. Rio7
Daily double with the 17CCM

Shrapnel, Good Shooting. Rio7
Posted By: hanco Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/07/23
I caught-killed 23 last weekend. I enjoy catching the bastards. We hardly ever get one over 200 lbs. male in 5 th pic weighed 190

Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/07/23
Hanco, 190# is a good sized pig, the biggest I have killed was 347# and 326# and they were eating cattle cubes from under our bulk tanks, guy's were getting sloppy filling our feed wagons. Rio7
Hanco, 190# is a good sized pig, the biggest I have killed was 347# and 326# and they were eating cattle cubes from under our bulk tanks, guy's were getting sloppy filling our feed wagons. Rio7

Not much for them to eat in the hill country. I killed some I couldn’t drag an inch in the piney woods. I can drag a 200 pounder a little ways. They can get real big if they have good eats! This was killed on Weirgate lease in Newton county

This one in Madison county, weighed 400

Serious ? When they get that big do you eat them or just bury/dispose of them.
Feather weight, If it's not hot i usually take out the back straps, and the throw them in our gut pit.i carry zip locks in my jeep just for back straps. Rio7
Hanco I killed a big pig about like those about 20 years ago, but didn't have scales i have now. it took 5 of us to load him in my pickup. and we just about didn't get it done. wish i could have weighed him. Rio7
Hanco I killed a big pig about like those about 20 years ago, but didn't have scales i have now. it took 5 of us to load him in my pickup. and we just about didn't get it done. wish i could have weighed him. Rio7

I wish they could have weighed that gray pig. The man in that pic is 6’4” tall. It’s hard to judge pig weight. I would have bet a hundred dollar bill the 190 lb pig would have weighed 210 or more. The biggest we have weighed in Burnet was a sow that weighed 210

They killed one in Livingston county a 650 four wheeler could hardly drag. We had no scales
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/08/23
Snow goph!!!! laugh
Stuck

Kinda' like this pix of Walterhog on AR in the Africa Hunting Forum........

IMHO,

One of my pet peeve's is to see a guy standing 2' to 4' behind a critter. It can weigh 100 lbs and look like 300 lbs.

Hogs and bears are two critters that appear to be much heavier than they actually are, and of course when no scale was is available, the weight is "estimated".

Ask me how I know

250 lbs., weighed

275 lbs, weighed.

+/- 275 lbs., weighed

The guy in the pix is 6' tall. At a weighed 315 lbs. this is the heaviest hog I've weighed in 24 years of hunting the Texas Hill Country.

End of rant!

ya!

GWB
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/08/23
Originally Posted by geedubya

Agree Geedub...that guy with the buffalo sure has big fingers!

( as if you need to 'longarm' a freaking buffalo...)
One of my pet peeve's is to see a guy standing 2' to 4' behind a critter. It can weigh 100 lbs and look like 300 lbs.GWB

Or it can weigh 3 pounds......

bwahaha!

That is the biggest rifle I have ever seen!
Look at the size of this FINGERS !!!! lol
Originally Posted by Rooster7

That is the biggest rifle I have ever seen!

Got a Mongo prairie dog like that once...

Schit...I didn't notice that before!

Hahahaha!

Oldest with his first badger
Awesome!
stinkin' damn things......
stinkin' damn things......

Hahahaha!
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/09/23
Jim, Looks like your Northern Badgers are bigger than our Southern Badgers, ours all smell like Skunks. Rio7

Posted By: Bob_mt Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/09/23

thats two guys ....can only see fingers of one.....bob
Finally got a warmer day

Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/09/23
Another one...

Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/10/23
45 minute hunt last night, about 700yds from the house. Boar and a trio of sows have been frequenting this spot. I drug 3 of them out.

Boar came out on this little lane right at dark. 150gr .308 to the neck dumped him. His three girlfriends popped out about 15 minutes later, with two of them lined up. Another 150gr broke both their necks. All over before it really even had a chance to get started.

The adjoining river is near flood stage, so I suddenly have some new "targets" pushed up on my place. Cell cams, thermal handheld, and Sightmark Wraith NV scope keeps making their lives rather rough. grin All three cell cams had shooter hogs last night at 8-10pm, so I'm trying to strike while the iron is hot.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/10/23
NICE! And all pretty good sized!
Yeah, I was waiting for my old draggin' strap to break as I towed them out. My back wasn't up to trying to load them in the Mule. Lol....
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/10/23
Yeah, I was waiting for my old draggin' strap to break as I towed them out. My back wasn't up to trying to load them in the Mule. Lol....

I hear you. When they are getting up towards #200 this old boy and tossing them around anymore!
45 minute hunt last night, about 700yds from the house. Boar and a trio of sows have been frequenting this spot. I drug 3 of them out.

Gotta luv' the 150's in a 308 Win.

ATN or Sightmark, Night Vision?

in either case, mighty fine!

ya!

GWB
These are the inexpensive 150gr Norma Whitetail loads. I recall your Sig liking them also.

That scope is the original Sightmark Wraith HD 4x. I picked it up used here on the classifieds to pair with the little Pulsar monocular I have. Works fairly well so far, although I can certainly understand the desire to go further down the NV/Thermal rabbit trail with all the good products that keep coming out on the market today! The image on the Wraith is fairly decent, when I take the time to focus the thing and don't just jump straight on the trigger. grin
These are the inexpensive 150gr Norma Whitetail loads. I recall your Sig liking them also.

That scope is the original Sightmark Wraith HD 4x. I picked it up used here on the classifieds to pair with the little Pulsar monocular I have. Works fairly well so far, although I can certainly understand the desire to go further down the NV/Thermal rabbit trail with all the good products that keep coming out on the market today! The image on the Wraith is fairly decent, when I take the time to focus the thing and don't just jump straight on the trigger. grin

I have owned two of the ATN night vision optics. They work best when focused on a relatively stationary tableau . For scanning they are not the best. Can't tell ya' how many critters I've dispatched over the last 10 years or so (IIRC on the time frame) using my night vision optics. For a good while I continued using the night vision, even after I had two thermal optics, because they worked so well for the type of hunting I do, (sitting, watching a designated spot, waiting for a critter to show up).

As to the inexpensive Norma ammo. That is all I use in the Sig. It flat works. I caught it on sale at Palmetto State Armory IIRC for $12.50 per 20 rounds plus shipping. I bought 20 boxes.

Good stuff!

ya!

GWB
Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/11/23
Thought this to be interesting, so throwing the pics up here. Trail camera was grabbing shots the other night, unbeknownst to me, but kind of cool. Camera was toward the end of my lane, pointed back toward my location.

Here the camera must have been tripped by the sudden movement of the boar dropping to the ground. Rewatching the video, he held that position for 2-3 seconds before falling over. The bright illumination is my IR light needed for the NV scope to work in the darkness.

Second pic shows my IR light coming back on a few minutes later, and looking at the black shape in the trees on the left side of the frame shows why. The coons had already given away the approaching sows and I'd verified them easing through the timber with my thermal handheld.

Thinking back, probably 3/4 of the hogs I've killed this spring were busted by coons, which clued me in to their approach. At least those little varmints are earning their keep to some degree.
Mighty fine!

The woods come alive at night.

Between game cams, night vision, thermal and suppressors, the learning curve never levels out.

Piques' my interest even more!

I had this game cam set to do 10 second video clips.

340 of these clips on this game cam disc.

ya!

GWB
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/12/23
I LOVE hunting at night Geedub!
That is an excellent photo, Huntsman.
That is an excellent photo, Huntsman.

Yes, indeed! No kidding, just like the painting of an old master. The tree stump, the grass, the light, the shadows.....

But, tell me, how did you manage the raccoon not to move during exposure time and while putting on make-up before?
Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 04/27/23
I got these two that keep molesting my feeder. They climb the legs then hang onto the timer/motor box and shake the He!! out of it. They manage to empty the whole thing. I have about a dozen of them on the camera having a party over a pile of corn.. Time to start thinning out the heard.

Gopher with a .220 Swift.

Gopher with a .220 Swift.

Good for that young man!
Rick
Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 05/02/23
Dang sure isn’t a carbine….lol
Richard missed it because of recoil....but Daniel got to see it explode.

The look on his face was priceless!
Posted By: hanco Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 05/03/23
Originally Posted by jc189
I got these two that keep molesting my feeder. They climb the legs then hang onto the timer/motor box and shake the He!! out of it. They manage to empty the whole thing. I have about a dozen of them on the camera having a party over a pile of corn.. Time to start thinning out the heard.

You need spinner like this, will stop the coons from shaking corn out. A coon trap ain’t a bad idea either

Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 05/03/23
Thanks for the info, Unfortunately they only make them for 1/4 in. shafts/12v motors, Mine are 6v with 1/8in shafts. Guess I need to step up to 12v. I have caught 2 in a trap. Now the rest are wise to it. I put a camera on it and they wont even go close to it. There smart bastards.
Posted By: hanco Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 05/03/23
Thanks for the info, Unfortunately they only make them for 1/4 in. shafts/12v motors, Mine are 6v with 1/8in shafts. Guess I need to step up to 12v. I have caught 2 in a trap. Now the rest are wise to it. I put a camera on it and they wont even go close to it. There smart bastards.

I have all 12 volt 1/4 shaft feeders, just built 4 for a friend like this

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]free image host

Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 05/04/23
Very nice. Looks like I might have to make the switch to 12 volt
Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 05/04/23
Feeders here were so much easier when we didn't have bears.....
Posted By: hanco Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 05/04/23
Feeders here were so much easier when we didn't have bears.....

Bears would be a challenge, could they jack up a hanging feeder on a tripod if legs are staked down well??

Or hanging from a tree limb. What about hanging from a cable strung between two trees?? I rig a winch up like this, use 3/8 all thread for ubolt. I have several like this. You can make to fit any size tree.

I have no bear experience, but don’t see how they could get to a feeder that hangs off a pulley on a cable that’s strung between two trees???

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload img
Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 05/04/23
We tried staking legs but they’d gang up and still get it. Winched up barrel they can’t reach is only thing we’ve found to work.
Got the HK P7 out and kilt a rabbit with it…

Shot these Idaho Rock Chucks Thursday with my TC Contender 223 while it changed from rain to heavy winds to sleet & then a bit of sun light. The Chucks don't like wind so it was slow for quite a while & just before I was about to leave this big old boy started playing peek a boo with me for quite a while.
You could tell he had been shot at before because most times all I could see was an eyeball sticking over a Lava rock watching me hide behind my Jeep. I spotted him 4 different times before he finally made a mistake & gave me a shot, he is a huge Chuck, longer than my gun with a 14" barrel! I had to shoot between the cows & over that snow bank into those Lava rocks to get him, it was 156 yds. He's a real pig!
The next 5 were half a mile away on a very steep Lava reef that dropped off towards the river. I could only get a reading on one of them & it was 241 yds, most all of them were about the same distance. I went 5 for 5. In the last photo you can see the little Lava reef where I had been parked when I shot them. All were big, large males. One of them fell down into a crevice, which is very common, most of the time I only recover about half of them.
Dick
Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 05/12/23
^^^ Very nice, looks like a lot of fun.
50-100-450 and a gopher…

I think that is fantastic, you show a picture of an old, awesome, high condition, special order rifle. Couple days later, shows that it works per Winchesters intent. Nice. I am jealous again.
Pretty cool. Looks like it did the job.
Posted By: J71248 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 05/14/23
This 75 year old guy is blind from that picture. It's great to see things the way they used to be.
Not furred up but, not alive either.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 05/21/23
Carpe Diem!
I saw what you did there...
Posted By: SS336 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 05/25/23
Carpe Diem!

Took a walk along a couple of bean strips early afternoon. No bug dope so bailed before skeeter fest.
Saw 4, got 4.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

2 pups from one den and the 2 adults each from diff den.
Used my dads rifle. He passed away 2 yrs ago so figured id give it a try in memorial

Pups dont hold together and even one of the adults was a bit sploded. Hence rifle blocking the mess in pic 1.
Originally Posted by hookeye
Took a walk along a couple of bean strips early afternoon. No bug dope so bailed before skeeter fest.
Saw 4, got 4.

2 pups from one den and the 2 adults each from diff den.
Used my dads rifle. He passed away 2 yrs ago so figured id give it a try in memorial

Pups dont hold together and even one of the adults was a bit sploded. Hence rifle blocking the mess in pic 1.
👍🏻👍🏻
Posted By: SKane Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 05/29/23
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 05/29/23
first of the year and first double of the year. Some mounds had as many as 8 pups up.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20230529_071542340_HDR by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20230529_092941856_HDR by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
Does a suppressor make a gun more interesting?

I would say so…

Damn, wish I was there...

+1

RS

It really was a great day...

No one will ever say Shrapnel does't use enough gun!
Forgot my rangefinder at home but dialed it for 450yds. Got to range it later so to take the mystery out. LVSF in 204 Ruger with 32gr v-max and a stiff charge of 8208 under it.
Glassed up a group of pigs still lingering in the fields just after daylight. They were working a tree line about 1200 yds from where I parked the truck. I waded through what seemed like 10 miles of waist tall, wet grass to close the gap on them. With the wind at my back, I made it up the last rise and where I thought they would be, they were not. Figured theyd winded me. After a few minutes I caught movement and they had moved off to my left probably 150 yds. A group of roughly 15 pigs. I settled on the smaller brown boar, sent the first 250 NPT through both front shoulders, abruptly dumping him in the tall grass. The group scattered across the hillside, and I saw what I thought to be the largest pig of the group running directly away from me. Sent the next 250 into the base of the tail and exited just under the chin. She tumbled to a stop and never kicked. First shot was 147, the second was 205. Rifle is a 700 BDL in .338WM 250 NPT at 2700.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Great story. Pretty scenery. Two "good" pigs.

RS
Nice shooting...
Nice quarry! What type/kind of stock is that on your BDL?
The stock is a Mcmillan Classic, painted by RickBin back years ago.
Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 06/07/23
Ever thought about using “more gun”? grin

Cool pics for sure. Shot a few over the years with .338WM rifles and they were rather effective.
Gotta say, Shrapnel has some damn nice shooting rigs. Very nice.
I was filling feeders in Engle, Tx. yesterday. Got a call from my oldest son wanting to know if I wanted to do a thermal hunt last night.

I boogied on home. Got there at 7:45. He picked me up at 8:30 and we got out about 9:30pm.

Started out slow but things picked up about mid-nite.

Made 5 stalks and shot once from the high-rack.

Hit somewheres north of a dozen, recovered 8.

ya!

GWB
Rare tree climbing ‘yote…

Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 06/09/23
GWB, eight recovered is a dang nice evening!
I was filling feeders in Engle, Tx. yesterday. Got a call from my oldest son wanting to know if I wanted to do a thermal hunt last night.

I boogied on home. Got there at 7:45. He picked me up at 8:30 and we got out about 9:30pm.

Started out slow but things picked up about mid-nite.

Made 5 stalks and shot once from the high-rack.

Hit somewheres north of a dozen, recovered 8.

ya!

GWB

Nice work! Sounds like a party
Just a few more to share.

6.5CM 140 hybrid

6.8 110 HPBT

250 SWC @ 1100

155 Scenar

.300BLK 190 SubX Lip squeaked her in and shot at 17 steps

Took the old lever guns and Colts out yesterday. Nothing like shooting gophers with a Winchester 50-100-450, Whitney Kennedy 45-60 and a Colt 38-40…

Originally Posted by shrapnel
Rare tree climbing ‘yote…

Looks like a leopard sleeping off a big meal.😁
Another victim to the 204/helos combo at 380yds
Posted By: tmitch Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 06/18/23
"And another one bites the dust!"

.22 Hornet using Sellior & Belott 45gr sp ammo
Black Panther!!!!!!

Was bored so took the #1 .22-250 out. Saw 3, shot 3. Tried to video, Gopro aint got enough mag.
Need to get a camcorder before deer season.

I like to start small and work my way up to bigger critters....

Reserved for: Antelope

Reserved for: Mule Deer

Reserved for: Elk
Any acrobatics or was it a head shot?

Neither nor.... It's his pet cat and the pic was staged. The order was: play dead cat now! And it worked again. Soon you will see that pic in a Burris ad.
Tres mas from last weekend.

Two w/thermal....

one snared.....

ya!

GWB
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 06/22/23
Keep after them Geedub!
Posted By: hanco Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 06/23/23
Keep after them Geedub!

Yep. Shoot cshit out of them
Posted By: erickg Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 06/23/23

38/44 Fun

Lmao. Those suckers do get a bit jumpy when a bullet smacks them. Struck me funny. Carry on!
Posted By: erickg Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 06/24/23
Cats die in the most animated of fashions, especially when head shot [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Damn, don't let the green weenies or your girl friend see that! I do like the bug-eyed one the best.
From last Friday eve!

decent boar.

ya!

GWB
Nice shooting Geedubya!
Garden gopher. Springfield 840 aka savage 340.

Originally Posted by Rickshaw
Garden gopher. Springfield 840 aka savage 340.

Nice little clover patch.
Thanks. Just had 2 turkey hens pecking through it. No poults.

Guess I need to Huntsman a few more coons.
Nothing too exciting just a couple of Groundhogs a little over 100 yards each. The one has some interesting color. Savage 93 17 hmr . Cci 17 gr and a Burris 4.5-14
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 07/05/23
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20230704_081947344_HDR by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
With one shot? Or?
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 07/06/23
LOL, .17 AH and you're lucky to kill two in one shot with it, but this time it took a shot per p-dog.
Bow hunting gophers is a bit more challenging…

No gophers,

but we do have "squill"

ya!

GWB
Good going to you both with the archery kills. Nice shooting

Colt
Finally had a bit of extra time to see what's been making things disappear in the garden. Lettuce protector doing it's job.

Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 07/28/23
A new one to me. Had to walk around and stay standing just to see the little s h i ts this morning due to the tall vegetation. Still had a good shoot. Killed 122 in 3 hours. The .17 Fireball was on fire.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20230728_071618893_HDR by Tim Richard, on [bleep]
Posted By: tmitch Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 07/29/23
I love this little rifle

Posted By: tmitch Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 08/12/23
And another this morning.
Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 08/12/23
Sure is some nice wood on that one, I'd love it too.
Love the stock on your Contender. What cartridge?
Posted By: tmitch Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 08/13/23
.22 Hornet. I had the frame and found the barrel and wood in the 24HCF classifieds. Wood was a bit worse for wear but I glued up a couple cracks and finished with TruOil. T/C had some nice walnut at times.
you kilt the whole fam damily.....
I don’t discriminate.
Originally Posted by tmitch
.22 Hornet. I had the frame and found the barrel and wood in the 24HCF classifieds. Wood was a bit worse for wear but I glued up a couple cracks and finished with TruOil. T/C had some nice walnut at times.
It looks really nice. You did a fine job.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 08/14/23
Originally Posted by RemingtonPeters
I don’t discriminate.

Good to see you here my friend.
I don’t discriminate.

Good to see you here my friend.
Thanks TB.
Where does one find that many badgers at one time? I'm from the South and have never seen a live badger in the wild.

Thanks, RS
Alberta has lots. Ravens too.
I don’t discriminate.

Thats a nice pile of fur there ! Nice shooting!
Thanks.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 08/15/23
Loving it! Keep them coming!
What calibers are you using.
The badgers get a 222 Rem 40vmax
The winter coyote gun is a 222 Rem Mag, again with a 40vmax.
223 Rem Bartlien 7.7T with 53Vmax
Thanks,
The badgers get a 222 Rem 40vmax
The winter coyote gun is a 222 Rem Mag, again with a 40vmax.
Makes me want to get the new to me ADL 222 out and get it tuned up.
Sure miss my triple2, it was my big gun, in Australia.

Accurate as heck & super easy to load for.

18 years & I still remember it's best load data !
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 08/20/23
I dont think Ive seen that rifle before. Whats the scoop?
A Sako A1 223 Rem in a Brown stock. My front seat truck gun. Same one with the Raven above.
I dont think Ive seen that rifle before. Whats the scoop?
Who puts a "scoop' on a firearm? Must be something that only a spelling Nazi or a drunk Irishman would do... LOL! wink
Been really wanting to put together a 17 fireball
S.
Posted By: 44mc Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 08/21/23
MT DD FAN you need to learn how to read . you sound like the dumb ass here
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 08/21/23
Keep 'em coming Remington!
Keep 'em coming Remington!
He's busy!
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 08/22/23

Bit the bullet.... laugh
Be careful that you don't run out of badgers! smile
They just keep coming, crawling out of holes in the ground.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 08/23/23

If Remington ran all the photos of his varmints, we would be out of bandwidth...

If Remington ran all the photos of his varmints, we would be out of bandwidth...
No doubt!
They just keep coming, crawling out of holes in the ground.
What cartridge is your favorite badge medicine?
I like the 222 Rem and a 40 vmax. I have not shot a better varmint bullet. I use it in the 222/223/222RM as much as possible
Thank you. That's good info.
I love to hunt groundhogs but those badger pictures are really cool. They are terribly destructive from what I understand. Thanks for sharing.

What a great picture!
Whatsa matter? Prairie doggin getting a little slow? grin
What’s that chambered in and what’s it sling’n

Targets of opportunity last Thursday night!

(Time stamp incorrect.)

ya!

GWB

Must have gotten bored shooting prairie dog sized targets huh? 🐝
Originally Posted by smallfry
What’s that chambered in and what’s it sling’n

It is a 40-50 Sharps bottleneck, shooting a 40 caliber 280 grain gas check bullet. It is the third from the left which is a 40-90 bottleneck, 40-65 Winchester, 40-50 SBN, and 44-40 for size comparison…

Got the bastid thats been playing hide and seek with me out back by my fruit trees!
Saw this one testing the perimeter of my garden fencing. 38spcl wadcutters make a satisfying smack at 20yds!

Bastards dug into the dam on my pond, now I’m leaking water and having to drain and spend $$ to fix it. Been watching for weeks and lucked into two big ones today within 10 minutes of each other with of all things, a 12ga.
Took a couple minutes earlier today to download a couple vids from August thermal porker perforating.

Three Weeks ago......

Two weeks ago.......

ya!

GWB
RemingtonPeters, you've got to be running low on badgers pretty soon!
And here I thought that Wisconsin was the Badger State. Maybe so, but it isn't because we have that many badgers. Alberta has to be the badger province given the numbers that you've been posting.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 09/08/23

WTF is that thing with the arrows stuck on it????
Originally Posted by Windfall
RemingtonPeters, you've got to be running low on badgers pretty soon!
And here I thought that Wisconsin was the Badger State. Maybe so, but it isn't because we have that many badgers. Alberta has to be the badger province given the numbers that you've been posting.

There is no shortage here. I enjoy hunting them. They are a neat animal.
Trying to post pictures. Let’s see how it works. My NULA 250 AI…

Well, that's a fine picture.
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Well, that's a fine picture.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Never hurts to hunt with the appropriate footwear!

ya!

GWB
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 09/18/23
Too Kool for Skool Geedub!!!
Geedub we need to hear the story of this hunt!
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Geedub we need to hear the story of this hunt!

Yessssss! Where did that take place? In Texas? Do you utilize skin and meat?
They sure are BIG lizards, but they tell me everything is big in Texas!
Take care,
Rick
\\\

Love that set up!
Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 10/16/23
Another one to close to the house.

Heck of a viper there jc189. That has to be at least a six footer. I’m counting at least 15 rattles on that snake! That one could have really put the hurt on someone.
Posted By: VernAK Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 10/17/23
Another one to close to the house.

Do you eat em or save the skin?
Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 10/17/23
Save the skin. This one is gonna make a nice hat band. I have eaten one once. Its a lot of work, lot of bones. I fried it, it was ok. I don't see many of them where I'm at. Although this is the second one this year.

Windfall, he was just under 6' a big one for around here.
The local groundhog population seems to be growing after years of decline. I've killed more this year than I have in a long time. I absolutely love this rifle, it is super accurate and I've made some shots with it that are memorable. This shot was 275 yards. I'm shooting 40 grain Nosler BT's in it now, and they turn a groundhogs insides into mush.

Called this one up last weekend.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/hvM5nB6g/...ostimg.cc/hvM5nB6g/thumbnail-1.jpg[/img]img][/url][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

After a little bush hogging yesterday I decided to watch one of my fields. It's been quite a while since my 6mmBR barked but bark it did. At about 250 yards the 70 grain ballistic tip exited and she shook like jelly. She did chase her bullet wound for about 10 seconds or so. It did put the smackdown on her but not quite as good as the 65 grain Hornady bullet does, It plain shoots the wiggle out of them. I hope to kill several others in the next few months. I believe she would have had a nice coat in January or February.
Take care,
Rick
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I've gotten a bit rusty on my picture posting. I just don't do it enough to stay in practice.
Rick

That would have been fun!! If you ever need a "Shotgun" rider let me know.
Take care,
Rick

Holy crap Hunts, what did that thing weigh?
Haven't had the 17 Whoregnat out for a while. The suppressed RimX 17WSM has been getting all the work...

Even popped one with the hummer.
Saw this poor, hairless specimen this morning. Felt sorry for him, as there is a cold front coming in and I didn't want him to suffer the shivers.....

Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 10/28/23
time to start on em
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20231027_082201692_HDR by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20231027_105427711_HDR by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
way to smash 'em, TR.....
Huntsman is proving the fact that there isn't a varmint left within a ten mile radius of his place. grin
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Huntsman is proving the fact that there isn't a varmint left within a ten mile radius of his place. grin
He is like my bud. If it isn't one of his dogs or stock it dies.
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
He is like my bud. If it isn't one of his dogs or stock it dies.

On our place - it's dogs, stock, or non-venomous snakes.
Probably ought to add the sister-in-law/caretaker. laugh
280AI is not fur friendly

Sitting on a bluff shooting down

Benjamin’s greatest day hunting 😂🤣😂 his words
Originally Posted by Region6

👍🏻👍🏻
👍🏻👍🏻
Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 11/06/23
Originally Posted by Region6

Nice job, great pic. That big smile says it all.
Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 11/06/23

My 8 year old grandson shot his second pig during our youth hunt weekend. Killed the pig in the morning. He shot his first deer that afternoon from the same stand. Shooting his 6.5 Grendel with Hornady 123gr SST'S. Both shots bang flop, DRT.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 11/06/23

Mange Pup ran out in front of me this morning. Rio7
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 11/06/23

Took a Hail Mary shot at this Coyote and be damned if I didn't get it. Rio7
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 11/07/23
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20231105_085829308_HDR by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]

too hot and the calling action was slow so broke out the .17 horn nat and put some rounds through the new Lilja barrel.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20231105_143420418_HDR by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
TR is that coyote furred up as good as it looks in pic?
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 11/07/23
yes, she's the first of the season to go into the freezer
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 11/17/23
A couple buddies came out for a couple of days last weekend and we got into em pretty good. 18 in two days
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20231111_144132163 by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 11/17/23
18? You guys mopped up. Night hunts?
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 11/17/23
No night hunting
Originally Posted by TRnCO
A couple buddies came out for a couple of days last weekend and we got into em pretty good. 18 in two days
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20231111_144132163 by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
Stack em up!👍👍
Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 11/22/23

A couple more pigs headed to the sausage grinder.
Cat season opened Dec 1st..3 minutes into my first set, opening night.

nice job
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/06/23
How about a pig courtesy of the .17 Rem...

Posted By: jc189 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/07/23
A couple more Bite the dust.

I love your rifle and badger pictures. Thank you for sharing. I bet they are really fun to hunt.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/10/23
One mo' ...sent to Hog heaven by the .222 Rem

This is my favorite forum.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/11/23
Everyone here who knows me knows that redheads scare me. I HAD to shoot this one out of sheer terror!

Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/11/23
"Designer" hogs are bound to be next. I want a red and white stripe one......
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/11/23

250# couldn't pick him up so I drug him in. Rio7

250# couldn't pick him up so I drug him in. Rio7

Theres some pretty nice cutters on that ugly Mofo!
"Designer" hogs are bound to be next. I want a red and white stripe one......

No can do just now, but we recently got in a shipment of polka dotted....

Posted By: JPro Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/11/23
I like some Spotties!

I had this crew come through a while back, looking like extras from a Mad Max film.

I like some Spotties!

I had this crew come through a while back, looking like extras from a Mad Max film.

Theres an unwritten rule somewhere...perhaps its a law, but " all spotted pigs must die..." grin
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/12/23

Run into a Spotted Pig every now and then.

Rio7
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/12/23

Rio7

I see that you understand about spotted pigs, and do some of them in with panache!
Tom, did you move to tejas ?

wink
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/12/23
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Tom, did you move to tejas ?

wink

Nope! I just like it down there...

Rio7
Rio7 What caliber is that six gun and what load?
S.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/15/23
smallfry, 45 L.C. Sage Brush McKay load, Rio7
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/17/23
.222 sends another one to Hog Heaven...

Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/18/23

6 CM 105 gr. Scenar 241# ---Rio7
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/19/23

6 CM 105 gr. Scenar 241# ---Rio7

A lot of your pigs grow pretty good teeth down there!
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/19/23
ingwe, Yep! Big teeth and Ugly is our trade mark. Rio7
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/19/23
Here's another victim of the .17 Rem from last months foray into Texas....

Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/20/23
Ingwe, Didn't shoot this one with a .17 Rem but he died anyway 6 CM Rio7

Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/20/23
Ingwe, Didn't shoot this one with a .17 Rem but he died anyway 6 CM Rio7

NICE!

Once in awhile when I'm feeling dangerous, I break out the " big" gun.........243 Win grin
Our scopes look strangely familiar.....

Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/21/23
Ingwe, I have Burris full field scopes 3 x 9 on 3 of my hunting rifles wish i had a couple more. they work for me. Rio7
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/21/23
Ingwe, I have Burris full field scopes 3 x 9 on 3 of my hunting rifles wish i had a couple more. they work for me. Rio7

I have a few as well, the one in the pic has the German 3P #4 reticle thats illuminated...handy one for night shooting.

Here it is on my .223AI

Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/21/23
ingwe.
Closest thing I have to a illuminated scope is Leopold Red Dot, I don't shoot much in low light. Rio7
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 12/21/23
A lot of my shooting is at night, another one I really like is a SIG Whiskey 3x9 with "Hellfire Quadplex" lighted reticle...

I also have the HAWKE Vantage 3x9 on a number of guns, red/green illumination...here on a .17 Rem

Same set couple days before..

Originally Posted by mtcurman
Bridger 3's or Montanas ?
Montana or Montgomery I can’t remember which one that is, got a great deal on a bunch of Montgomery #4’s and Montana #3’s all fully modified
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/01/24
got into 'em good Friday.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20231229_154006687_HDR by .com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]
Atta boy.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 2023 dead critter thread... - 01/03/24
Checking water this morning see a pair sitting on a hay bale about 200 yards out this one stayed the other one left big mistake. Rio7

Yesterday this one tried to hide in a cover less field. It almost worked.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire