Home
Posted By: 6MMWASP Violence in Montana - 04/05/24
22 Creed, 88 grain ELD-M at 3200.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I told him, Don't look at me!

This one was with a 68 Hammer HHT around 200 with Hammers suggested starting load.

Same hold as with the 88's I have not developed a load with that bullet yet just had 1 in my pocket.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Violence in Montana - 04/05/24
Nice!

Been thinking about a 22 Creedmoore.
Posted By: RickinTN Re: Violence in Montana - 04/05/24
Looks like a long enough barrel on that rifle. Is it pronounced by a short forearm? Or is it deceptive by the camera angle?
Take care,
Rick
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Violence in Montana - 04/05/24
Rick the barre is 22". The stock is an MPI Lightweight with a very short forend. The angle the photo was taken makes it look longer than it actually is.
Posted By: 1lessdog Re: Violence in Montana - 04/08/24
Cottontails at just over 300 yds with a 22-6MM AI at over 4300 FPS.

Attached picture tmobilespace.gif
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Violence in Montana - 04/08/24
6MMWASP: OMG!
Use enough gun (bullet!) comes to mind.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks for sharing.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: MTGunner Re: Violence in Montana - 04/19/24
Changed my barrel on my XP-100R this AM from 260AI to 22BR in preparation to head east for pasture poodle popping. My load is Hornady 52 grain AMAX. Yes, it’s a match bullet but them dogs never had a complaint about not being dead enuf! MTG
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Violence in Montana - 04/20/24
Opposite end of the spectrum. My 222 Remington shooting Nosler 35 gr BTLF at about 250 yards. MV is 3700 fps. Accurate as hell too.

I enjoy the heck out of this gun. Sporter weight rifle and low recoil so you can spot your own shots & see the aerobatics!
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Violence in Montana - 04/23/24
Probably the only time I'll shoot a bullet that costs about 10 times what my usual .224 Prairie dog bullet costs but I had 1 so had to give it a try. But I have shot 40 rounds of 300 Winchester ammo at prairie dogs on a way too fast antelope hunt because I didn't like the 4 hour drive for one shot at 7 A.M.
© 24hourcampfire