Home
Just bought a savage model 10 in remington max-1 camo with the fluted barrel that is pressed not threaded and wondering your thoughts on a model with a threaded barrel? any difference in accuracy
Unless it's a brand new thing I don't think the Model 10 or any Savage/Stevens model based off the 110/10 action has press fit barrels.
They are all threaded and use a barrel nut for headspacing.
never heard of a Savage 10 not threaded. New for me .
I thought so too but a salesman was explaining this whole thing on a savage carbine in 308 I was looking at, he advised the fluted version was threaded and no fluted pressed. This is the reason I posted this to try and get this straight because he said mine was pressed. I am thinking this dude was on crack
The dude is on crack.
maybe his crack pipe is press fit, not threaded.

Hence the confusion.
No, the BONG is press fit.

Going to a press fit would be completely irrational, given the headspacing labor would override the machine time saved.
Originally Posted by nsaqam
The dude is on crack.

Yup he's a lost soul on crack, maybe even meth....has no idea what he is talking about.
he needs to move the other line so he sells you a song of [bleep].
The only common CF rifles with press-fitted barrels that I'm aware of are the Remington 710/770 series. No Savage or Stevens CF rifle that I've seen has had a press-fitted barrel, but I've never seen the insides of either the current production 25s or 40s. Even the super economy grade Savage Axis/Edge has a threaded barrel, so if they were going to press-fit barrel, it would seem logical that the Axis/Edge would have been the rifle where they would have done so.

EDIT: I went over to the Savage site and looked at the Savage 10 Predator Hunter Max 1. Although there is nothing in the on-line details that specifically addresses the question of whether it has a press-fit or threaded barrel, the rifle that is pictured has a barrel nut.

JEff
The confusion is likely due to the new accustock. When they came out with this model(s) they took the "flutes" off of the barrel nut. It still has the barrel nut (ie. threaded barrel), but does not have as much "ugly" factor as the previous barrel nut. I have a Max 1 260 as well as two other 110 and 116 models with the accustock that have this same non-fluted nut. All are definetly threaded, but the only models I do not know about are the 25 and 40 which do not have an apparent barrel nut, but are likely still threaded. T.S.
© 24hourcampfire