Home
Posted By: shootnrats 3 is a good start.. - 11/08/11
Just started the yote hunting for the year with my new R-15...love the new gun!

Attached picture yotes.jpg
Posted By: AB2506 Re: 3 is a good start.. - 11/09/11
Congrats!
Posted By: Irving_D Re: 3 is a good start.. - 11/12/11
Sweeet
Posted By: Hobo1974 Re: 3 is a good start.. - 11/13/11
Yesterday was opening day of deer rifle season in ky I shot 3 male yotes off my place I just could not get the 4th I am sure I will have more chances this winter

Jc
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: 3 is a good start.. - 11/13/11
Shootnrats: Great work on the Coyotes - good for you!
And the R-15, is that the Remington offering or something else?
keep up the good work.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: shootnrats Re: 3 is a good start.. - 11/14/11
Varmitguy...yes its made by remington, I purchased the rifle on sale at Dick's in Dallas on sale for $719.00..I was sceptical, but it is a super shooter! just under a half inch @ 100 with 69 remington match ammo.
Posted By: hunter01 Re: 3 is a good start.. - 11/14/11
Nice.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: 3 is a good start.. - 11/14/11
Shootnrats: Thank you for the particulars on the Remington Rifle.
That is indeed a "pleasing" price as compared to the other brands of AR type Rifles I see for sale in my parts (SW Montana).
It never ceases to amaze me how well the "slam banger" Rifles (AR types) shoot these days!
I have shot several types of AR Rifles over the years but never owned one myself long enough to shoot it.
I used to trade in them some back when they were newish to the public markets.
My friends that have let me shoot their AR's always needle me for being a "bolt action fuddy-duddy" and such.
Maybe that will be my winter project this year - bringing a Remington R-15 online for myself?
I am glad that Remington is shooting so well for you.
Thanks again for the reply/info.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: shootnrats Re: 3 is a good start.. - 11/14/11
Varmitguy..I had looked at many places pricing the R-15, they were from 1050.00 -1200.00. If you have a Dick's sporting goods in the area just watch for the sale. The R-15 has a full floating barrle and no carry handle..its equipped with the pic rail for a scope. I gaurentee if you buy one you will be very impressed. I am a bolt slammer myself, I have always been true to my 700 rem 222 for all varmits, but I have to admitt the R-15 is lighter, quicker to handle and deadly accurate! I topped mine with a Nikon coyote 4.5x14 BDC..they said it was set for the 223 and they were correct!
© 24hourcampfire