Home
I stumbled on these pictures and thought I'd see if anyone has ever seen one like it. I sure haven't. I killed it a couple years back. I wish I could have saved the hide, but it was completely ruined on the off side.

[Linked Image]
What did you shoot it with caliber, bullet and distance?
I killed one last year almost completely blond. Right down the center of her back, from forehead to the tip of her tail,there was a faint black stripe that looked like she had run under a truck leaking oil. I shot her out of my deer stand.When I got down to look at her, I felt of the fur to see if it was oil. It wasnt oil but natural color. Only the tips of the hairs was black.
I shot it with a 280 Ackley with a 120 NBT at about 60 yards while I was deer hunting. I hit the shoulder on the off side. It blew the shoulder out and almost all of the hide with it.
Ive shot a few blond coyotes around here.
I have taken many reds and a few blond/white coyotes.

I took this one in NE New Mexico.

[Linked Image]

I called this one for a buddy near Hobbs, New Mexico

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by jwill350
I stumbled on these pictures and thought I'd see if anyone has ever seen one like it. I sure haven't. I killed it a couple years back. I wish I could have saved the hide, but it was completely ruined on the off side.

[Linked Image]

Ive seen them semi blonde. I havent ever seen one with color like that on his face though. Really neat, thanks for shareing.
Almost has a face like a queensland heeler.
I saw one once,it was on posted land. Didn't have a gun with me anyway. It was the color of a yellow lab. I'd have loved to have got that one.
Trapped lots of fox that color, we call them butterscotch. Neat color for sure.
© 24hourcampfire